Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
my phone is iP6, but the case is the newer version. this color was not an option when the iP6 came out.
That is why the case does not get wider at the bottom. I don't think the fit around the bottom for the 6S is wide enough. It seems like they did not consider they made the 6S wider and thicker, so the case looks kind of weird.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444139948.545903.jpg

This is what my midnight blue looked like on my iPhone 6S. It does. It look like it fits right. The saddle brown one I have now, looks better but not like last years.

Reactions: danny8200

Alfieg

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2011
my phone is iP6, but the case is the newer version. this color was not an option when the iP6 came out.

Yep, that was the olive brown which I had on my 6. I have had 2 saddle browns this year and both taper out on the 6S as poster above. Hopefully it will Mould better with time

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
ok I think I see what you mean. mine does it but slightly. not noticeable the first time. it doesn't bother me.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Yep, that was the olive brown which I had on my 6. I have had 2 saddle browns this year and both taper out on the 6S as poster above. Hopefully it will Mould better with time
Yeah I am hoping the same thing. It's not a deal breaker, but I would like for it to look better.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
ok I think I see what you mean. mine does it but slightly. not noticeable the first time. it doesn't bother me.
Yeah the 6/6+ cases were made out of different material, so maybe this one just takes more wear to break in. Still can't beat the color.

powerocool

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
That is why the case does not get wider at the bottom. I don't think the fit around the bottom for the 6S is wide enough. It seems like they did not consider they made the 6S wider and thicker, so the case looks kind of weird. View attachment 590146

This is what my midnight blue looked like on my iPhone 6S. It does. It look like it fits right. The saddle brown one I have now, looks better but not like last years.

Try to push the bottom edges over the phone. It will fit.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
The Apple leather case worked perfectly with my Ice Max edge-to-edge protector.

0C5VWW3.jpg
woah man, I love it. glad it works with the edge to edge protector. I really may now consider getting one. do you like yours?

Cogsworth

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2015

moomoopanda

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2010
woah man, I love it. glad it works with the edge to edge protector. I really may now consider getting one. do you like yours?

I liked the feel and look of the case, but ended up switching to a Shumuri Slim Extra because I preferred the thinness of the Shumuri. I would definitely recommend trying the Apple Leather Case, you also have a 14 day return policy should you decide you don't like it.

bmac4

macrumors 601
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
Is the new 6S Midnight Blue leather really that much lighter/bluer than last year's? I have a 6+ Midnight leather case from last year that looks much darker even when it was brand new. If the new ones look this good I might have to get a new one.
Yeah it looks awesome. I had it, but it did not fit the phone right. I got the saddle, and plan to get the midnight blue at some point.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
I liked the feel and look of the case, but ended up switching to a Shumuri Slim Extra because I preferred the thinness of the Shumuri. I would definitely recommend trying the Apple Leather Case, you also have a 14 day return policy should you decide you don't like it.
meant the glass screen protector (which I bought today). I have the leather case, see first post.

powerocool

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Is the new 6S Midnight Blue leather really that much lighter/bluer than last year's? I have a 6+ Midnight leather case from last year that looks much darker even when it was brand new. If the new ones look this good I might have to get a new one.

Yes, it's lighter and bluer than last year's. I think it looks nicer.

merc-tt

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2015
Just got this case a few days ago. Seems more stiff and slippy than my last year's black leather. Love that case btw. Can't wait to see how this one wears though. Will this case get grippy over time? Or will it be a slick leather?

ericiidx

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2015
I just had to go out and get this case after seeing the patina shots in this thread -- even the blue looks great, but I'm a sucker for natural brown. It's great -- I already like it more than last year's black leather version. Definitely seems like a higher-quality leather.

For those who can't wait for it to age -- be patient! Give it at least a month. The fun thing about leather is the aging process itself ("it's the journey, not the destination.") If you want to accelerate things a bit, you can either add some leather moisturizer/conditioner followed by some time in the sun, or some oil (i.e. mink, saddle, etc.) but I wouldn't advise the latter, as it's very permanent and may not give you the results you were hoping for. Still, for best results, just be patient and use it normally. It'll look great over time. :)

On the topic of aging, those who find this case too slippery will be relieved to hear that it will develop more grip once you've used it for a while. The oils from your skin will moisturize and expand the grain (not visibly so, but enough to give it some grip & texture.)

Illmaculate

macrumors member
May 19, 2015
I just had to go out and get this case after seeing the patina shots in this thread -- even the blue looks great, but I'm a sucker for natural brown. It's great -- I already like it more than last year's black leather version. Definitely seems like a higher-quality leather.

For those who can't wait for it to age -- be patient! Give it at least a month. The fun thing about leather is the aging process itself ("it's the journey, not the destination.") If you want to accelerate things a bit, you can either add some leather moisturizer/conditioner followed by some time in the sun, or some oil (i.e. mink, saddle, etc.) but I wouldn't advise the latter, as it's very permanent and may not give you the results you were hoping for. Still, for best results, just be patient and use it normally. It'll look great over time. :)

On the topic of aging, those who find this case too slippery will be relieved to hear that it will develop more grip once you've used it for a while. The oils from your skin will moisturize and expand the grain (not visibly so, but enough to give it some grip & texture.)
Well said! The only time it feels slippery is first thing in the morning when it hasn't been touched and my hands are super silky and clean- after that it's nice.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
I need to get a new picture of mine. almost a month with it and you can really see the wear it has on it now. really like the look. great color.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.