Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Limneos added license transfer support to his newest version - it's in his repo - and the license transfer works (you need your old UDID - try your PkgBackup files for it if you have sold it like I have)

So, up and running now - AND MUTED !

And when I installed your newest muted version overtop of his latest, I do not get the upgrade badge from Cydia :)

Thanks !!

Last edited:

Iphonefan123

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2013
call waiting bug

there is a bug in the audio recorder when you receive a 2nd call. i have mentioned it to elios who said he will fix it when he has finished updating his apps. am i right in saying when the new release is out to upgrade it then load your file via ifile after that. do you think that will work or do i need to wait for you to amend your file ?

also many thanks for helping out with the mute.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
And when I installed your newest muted version overtop of his latest, I do not get the upgrade badge from Cydia :)

Strange - I've did exactly the same, even after manually editing /private/var/lib/dpkg/status and doing what I've explained in my old Cydia tutorial. Pobably because I've kept the same package name as that of the original version - dunno. Will do some additional tests.

Thanks !!

You're welcome :)

----------

Always thank your favor.

You're also welcome :)

----------

am i right in saying when the new release is out to upgrade it then load your file via ifile after that. do you think that will work or do i need to wait for you to amend your file ?

Generally, my version can be directly installed, without having to install Elias' official version first. I only recommend the latter in the following two cases:

- one wants to purchase a license from Elias and doesn't trust my version

- Cydia Substrate and/or PreferenceLoader aren't installed and one doesn't install from my Cydia repo (which would auto-install the dependencies) but from my DEB file.

also many thanks for helping out with the mute.

You're welcome, too :)

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Strange - I've did exactly the same, even after manually editing /private/var/lib/dpkg/status

I dropped your .deb file into phone and installed it using iFile Installer (for whatever reason Cydia (for me) does not "see" your muted version in your repo)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
I dropped your .deb file into phone and installed it using iFile Installer (for whatever reason Cydia (for me) does not "see" your muted version in your repo))

Yes, the latter is caused by my using the same package name as the original app. If you do remove Elias' repo, my version will be shown too. (Currently, on my iPhone5, the case is the opposite: I have both repos configured, and only mine shows the app, not that of Elias. As soon as I remove mine from there, Elias' version is shown.)

As soon as I regain my energy (I'm past a 70-minute swimming session in a thermal lake so I'm quite tired), I release a new version and fix the whole issue.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Yes, the latter is caused by my using the same package name as the original app. If you do remove Elias' repo, my version will be shown too. (Currently, on my iPhone5, the case is the opposite: I have both repos configured, and only mine shows the app, not that of Elias. As soon as I remove mine from there, Elias' version is shown.)

As soon as I regain my energy (I'm past a 70-minute swimming session in a thermal lake so I'm quite tired), I release a new version and fix the whole issue.

Take some "personal down time"
You've certainly earned it :)

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
I, personally, would remove insanelyi from my sources ASAP. While I couldn't find backdoors in early cracked versions available on another pirate repo, noone knows what is contained in other repos and/or subsequent / tampered versions.

... and sometimes they're quite a bit late. Now, at 19:44GMT, eight hours after my releasing the muted version (done at 11:44GMT - see THIS), the repo "HYI" (I don't provide full name to avoid advertising them) (the one generally pumping out cracked apps very fast) still doesn't list it as new:

(Repo address taken out by me.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-03 at 8.42.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-03 at 8.42.18 PM.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 108

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010

Nice. Swimming is a hobby of me as well:D

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
... and sometimes they're quite a bit late. Now, at 19:44GMT, eight hours after my releasing the muted version (done at 11:44GMT - see THIS), the repo "HYI" (I don't provide full name to avoid advertising them) (the one generally pumping out cracked apps very fast) still doesn't list it as new:

(Repo address taken out by me.)

... and it still isn't up...

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
I've fixed my Cydia repo - now, it doesn't want to upgrade.

(The following is only for advanced hackers / programmers):

BTW, the reason was a pretty subtle one: while I have synched the version number between the repo-wide Packages.gz and the app-wide DEBIAN/control, the line terminator character was different - and this is what I haven't noticed when simply looking at and comparing the two just-mentioned files.

Basically, the currently installed / previously uninstalled etc. apps' DEBIAN/control, upon the first install, gets stored in /private/var/lib/dpkg/status. It's from there that the version number is read. As it was trailed by a different character than the currently advertised one in the repo-wide Packages.gz, Cydia rightfully assumed there was an update.

The need for duplicating the same version number is simple: to save bandwidth and let for creating Cydia repos on any HTTP-accessible, even the most static / basic online storage providers (even on Dropbox!), it's the system-wide Packages.gz that is scanned for new versions, comparing them to the saved ones in /private/var/lib/dpkg/status - and not the app-specific DEBIAN/control files.

Reading DEBIAN/control files instead of Packages.gz would mean having to download all DEB files to the iDevice and extract their control files each-by-each. In Cydia repos, you don't provide separate, app-specific control files - everything is nicely packed into one DEB file and that's all; hence the need to download even the largest DEB's.

This is why differences between the catch-up Packages.gz and the embedded DEBIAN/control files can cause problems like this.

bontek

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2014
Hello

Please anybody know and tell me if i buy this new version 4.4, will it work with my iphone 4s ios 7.0.4 without turning on loudspeak in the phone? I need to records my calls without BEEP as normal...no need to turn on speaker on my iphone 4s? And is there no problem with recording conference calls?

Thanx and Happy New Year :)

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hello

Please anybody know and tell me if i buy this new version 4.4, will it work with my iphone 4s ios 7.0.4 without turning on loudspeak in the phone? I need to records my calls without BEEP as normal...no need to turn on speaker on my iphone 4s? And is there no problem with recording conference calls?

Thanx and Happy New Year :)

4S only works via speaker phone

tm2581

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2014
bug with v04.4-4

incoming call on bluetooth is recorded with wrong speed. recording is played much too fast and sounds like micky mouse.

outgoing call on bluetooth works perfect.

in- and outgoing calls are recorded perfect if you just use the phone.

its on an iphone5

is this a known bug?

greetings

tim

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
incoming call on bluetooth is recorded with wrong speed. recording is played much too fast and sounds like micky mouse.

outgoing call on bluetooth works perfect.

in- and outgoing calls are recorded perfect if you just use the phone.

its on an iphone5

is this a known bug?

I've even published a tutorial (for Skype Call Recorder) to fix this issue. It should be workable in this case too. Let me copy it here:

If you also record your Skype calls with Call Recorder for Skype, you'll need to know that every single call you make using Bluetooth (both Skype's own (buggy) implementation and using BTMono SBSettings Toggle) will result in a messed-up recording of your partner: it'll play back much (about five times) faster than should. (No such problems will exist with your part, on the other hand.)

Fortunately, there's a solution. Do NOT make the app convert the recorded files for you (as was, BTW, recommended in the original article; then, “only” to avoid echo) but transfer them to your desktop and download the free(!), excellent audio converter app Audacity (link). With it, you can quickly and easily fix the problem – and, in addition, export the two files in a format that doesn't mix the two (in/output) channels into one, by making it, in cases, far harder to understand when there's a lot of echo.

After starting Audacity: drag in the output file (the one that has the “output” in its filename); select Effect → Change Speed. To compute the percentage you'll need to slow down the “output” file to be entered here, use the following formula:

-(100-100/(input length in sec.ms/output length sec.ms))

For example, if the (accelerated) output file is 11.745 seconds, while the (proper) input 64.692, you can get the percentage in the following way:

-(100-100/(64.692/11.745))

The result will be -81.844738, which can directly be entered into Audacity. An example:

audacity-slowdowval.png

After this, you can also drag the input file and export both as a stereo audio file (so that you can keep the two mono sources still easily separatable but can be easily listened to with any audio player) by just setting one of them to be the left, the other to be the right channel:

audacity-changetoberightchannel.png

Now, just export it via File / Export. (No additional settings need to be made there.)

Note that if you don't change the channels but leave both at “Mono”, the target file will also be mono with both channels in the same track (this is how the built-in conversion works in the recorder BTW when you tap one of the list items):

audacity-downmixwithmono.png

tm2581

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2014
thanx for the fast info.

if i am starting the call over bluetooth, the recording is perfect. (both sides)

if its an incoming call over bluetooth i have the problem. i think it could be a problem with the file headers. for example wrong sample rate???

greetings

tim

Last edited:

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
thanx for the fast info.

if i am starting the call over bluetooth, the recording is perfect.

so i think there is something wrong with maybe the header of the incoming recorded files. sample rate???

I'll check this and report back.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
thanx for the fast info.

if i am starting the call over bluetooth, the recording is perfect. (both sides)

if its an incoming call over bluetooth i have the problem. i think it could be a problem with the file headers. for example wrong sample rate???

greetings

tim

To summarize my findings: in some cases, if you use a Bluetooth headset with the iPhone and is receiving a call (as opposed to starting one) and you use your handset's Accept button to accept the call, not the iPhone itself, you can encounter one of the following two cases:

- only one CAF file is created and it's severely sped-up
- nothing is recorded, albeit "Recording" is certainly displayed during talk.

To avoid particularly the second case, NEVER receive an incoming call with a button press on your BT headset, but on your iPhone itself!

Should you want to fix existing, sped-up files: Fortunately, in Audacity, I've quickly found out the problem with the sped-up file - it's recorded as a 44.1 kHz file, while it should be played back as a 8k file only.

This means you can spare the mathematics in every case you deal with this bug and unite the two (mic/speaker) files in Audacity: just use -(100-100/(44100/8000)) = -81.859 as the speed change factor in all cases.

Last edited:

bontek

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2014
Its not good for iphone 4s users :(
So dont need to buy new version till i buy new iphone 5 or 5s :)
Thanx for information

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Its not good for iphone 4s users :(
So dont need to buy new version till i buy new iphone 5 or 5s :)
Thanx for information

You mean my muting doesn't work on the 4S, or, the recorder itself is too limited on the 4S (being speaker-only).

tm2581

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2014
incoming call over bluetooth

Hello, i tried your workaround with audacity.

i extended the files with faktor -81%. the playing time of the files now fits to the time of the call. but now i have a slow "micky mouse" sound. you cant understand anything....

i think we have to wait for an update of limneos......

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Hello, i tried your workaround with audacity.

i extended the files with faktor -81%. the playing time of the files now fits to the time of the call. but now i have a slow "micky mouse" sound. you cant understand anything....

Strange - my converted (slowed-down) files are perfectly legible. Can you upload a file (rename it to get rid of the caller's nr) in both its forms (original CAF & converted)?

i think we have to wait for an update of limneos......

This isn't a problem caused by his app as exactly the same bug is present with the Skype recorder app. Dunno if it can be fixed from inside the recoder (probably by checking the recorded file after closing the call and converting it from 44.1 kHz to 8 kHz if it's a 44.1 kHz one. Or by overwriting the header - I'll try the next one, as it doesn't require Audacity).

tm2581

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2014
Strange - my converted (slowed-down) files are perfectly legible. Can you upload a file (rename it to get rid of the caller's nr) in both its forms (original CAF & converted)?

I took the caf files from var/mobile/audiorecorder and dropped them in audacity for testing.

This isn't a problem caused by his app as exactly the same bug is present with the Skype recorder app. Dunno if it can be fixed from inside the recoder (probably by checking the recorded file after closing the call and converting it from 44.1 kHz to 8 kHz if it's a 44.1 kHz one. Or by overwriting the header - I'll try the next one, as it doesn't require Audacity).

o.k.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.