My TenFourFox About:Config tweaks - and my addons

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by eyoungren, Jan 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. eyoungren thread starter macrumors Core

eyoungren

IDK. BluHell was always pretty light, which was one of the reasons I chose it over ABP. But we will see what happens.

Was that your experience when you removed it?

2. z970mp macrumors 65816

Yes. I would not have done that if it wasn't redundant.

But I don't know, I've got a dual core here, and I think it's pretty smooth sailing on my end. No ads, let alone trackers to speak of. Same story for my 1.5 G4.

3. madhatmac macrumors newbie

You're right, it was just uMatrix stopping Youtube video! But watching video on my machine is so choppy and broken it's unwatchable unfortunately.

4. Dronecatcher macrumors 68020

Dronecatcher

Youtube is choppy now in TFF on my Dual 1.42 - if you must use TFF, greasemonkey/viewtube script is the way to go or use an alternative player/switch to LWK/Roccat if you have Leopard installed.

5. eyoungren thread starter macrumors Core

eyoungren

I stopped watching YT video or any video for that matter in TenFourFox years ago. It's just not worth it trying to get this old Buick up and going on the Autobahn for that.

Plenty of alternatives that work. And accepting workarounds or more than one app to do something is part of using these old Macs.

Additionally, I know that they are old, but most PowerPC Macs are still capable of having more than one app open at a time.