My White iPhone 4 (from iphonefixed.co.uk)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Pez555, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

Well well well.

I decided to take the plunge! A week or so ago a fellow member on these forums (Mickyfin) received parts from iPhonefixed.co.uk, and to me they looked superb.

I emailed iPhonefixed back and forth asking as many questions as I could think of before deciding. I have to say their customer service has been EXCEPTIONAL to every degree. The owner of the company whom I was talking to via email was honest, quick to reply and provided as much information as was possible.

During the conversation I enquired about some issues some members on this forum have been experiencing with other companies and their parts. This included:

- Light leakage through the sides of the phone between the antenna and plastic rim
    - Colour of the home button compared to the rest of the white front
    - Flushness of parts against the antenna (this was my main concern)
    - Screen issues where the screen is off centre.

All of the above issues were answered honestly. I was informed that yes, some parts do have some of the above issues, however they are barely noticeable, if at all noticeable. I will say straight up here, with my phone, the only issue from the above list is the screen being off centre, however this is something I can definitely live with (its off by about 0.5mm).

Service

iPhonefixed.co.uk offer the FULL conversion, that includes:
    - Front panel/digitiser
    - Backplate
    - Headphone socket
    - USB connection

They offer this service for £174.99, and include the option of keeping your original black parts for a further £80. I know, this sounds expensive. However I can honestly say hand on heart, you are getting what you pay for.

Shipping

I sent my phone Tuesday 16th, they received it Wednesday 17th November. The conversion was done by this Monday, and I received the phone today, 23rd November.

Overall quite a speedy service. They did inform me that they were very busy at the moment so the conversion would take a little longer than normal. But still I was happy that the phone was back in my hands 1 week later. I must also note that the phone is well packaged when it is sent back to you, no problems there.

Phone

Now onto the phone itself. First thing is first, if any of you out there are wanting to get your iPhone converted to white – go with iPhonefixed.

iPhonefixed ship worldwide, and to my recollection are located in Wales UK. This is beneficial for the UK’ers as to my knowledge there are not any other legitimate companies that offer this kind of service in the UK (that I know of).

I can tell you right now, that the parts used in this conversion are the highest quality parts I have seen. The front screen/digitiser is superb quality, everything is flush around the edges and there are no issues apart from the screen being SLIGHTLY off centre, but hey I can live with that. The home button is flush with the front screen, is close to the same colour as the front however if you look closely you can see its not exactly the same colour – but again this to me is a non issue as the difference is minimal.

The backplate is again really good, flush around the edges. Pretty much identical to the black one apart from the colour. Of course comes with the flash diffuser and camera ring.

The headphone socket and USB port are as expected – white inside. Not too much I can say really, however I have tested and it does charge correctly.

So yea, excellent conversion all round really. The owner/manager or whatever you want to call him Mr Siskos, was very helpful with all queries and I recommend them highly! Check out the pics below. Any questions feel free to ask! Once again the website is www.iphonefixed.co.uk

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This last pic, was taken in a pitch black room with the flash. I would rate it as fine. Was actually suprised it came out ok.

[​IMG]

2. fender57 macrumors 6502

Looks really sweet, they did a great job. Congrats!

3. bpfesq macrumors regular

That is pretty sweet, but damn is that an expensive mod!!

4. Pez555 thread starter macrumors 68000

Pez555

yea, thats the only downside imo, the price. However i think they can get away with it a bit because no other company in the UK offers this, so they can sort of set their own prices until competition rolls in. I was willing, and it paid off.

I could always sell the original black parts meaning this could have cost next to nothing.

5. Chris Welch macrumors 6502

Hang on... They charge YOU to keep the original black parts that are YOUR PROPERTY?

What the hell kind of company does that?

6. Pez555 thread starter macrumors 68000

Pez555

well its included in the final price......

it all comes to the same price, its just how they do it on their website. you have the option to just get the conversion (new parts for your old parts), or the conversion plus £69 for your old parts.

imo its still a good deal as the black digitiser is worth around £100 on its own. If i wanted to i could sell my original black parts for far more than £69. Granted some people may not find the value of the conversion to be £175, but imo it is definitely worth it.

7. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Looks great pez it really does!! I'm still waiting on my backplate from china, been four weeks now and still nothing :(

8. Pez555 thread starter macrumors 68000

Pez555

same lol. ive emailed the guy a few times, apparently it takes up to 40 days to deliver (BS). im going to leave it one more week then if nothing im leaving negative feedback, i paid $8 for shipping, you wouldnt expect it to take 40 days, ridiculous.

and thanks :D

9. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

thanks pez, i also orderd (just the backplate) from iphonefixed since its closer to my country. Great quality, and i think the price is fair. I hate dealing with shady people on ebay. Great pictures btw

10. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I'm asking for a refund on Monday and buying a backplate from the guy you got it from. Its been four weeks and I hVe received other items from china in less than four weeks :(

11. Pez555 thread starter macrumors 68000

Pez555

yep, far superior to the ones on ebay. you pay a bit more but imo its worth it.

if i were you id go for the iphonefixed backplate. The one i had from the US was no where near as good as the iphonefixed one.

i will do the same as you then! its ridiculous how it takes so long!

12. JASApplications, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2010
  13. Pez555 thread starter macrumors 68000

Pez555

After a few days use, no issues at all. Runs just as smooth as before.

Anyone else gone for the conversion yet?

14. Pez555 thread starter macrumors 68000

Pez555

Not to bump the thread on purpose however the guys at iphonefixed were kind enough to refund me the difference due to their recent price drop (i paid a bit more).

again, excellent customer service, thanks guys.

15. james948 macrumors 6502

I'd go with them as they do seem like a good company with good parts but they're just far too pricey for me.

16. Pez555 thread starter macrumors 68000

Pez555

price imo is justified, as the parts you are getting are the highest quality parts out there (on par with iresq, maybe even better).

If you wanted to you could just buy the conversion and the black parts back, then sell the black parts on, meaning the conversion would cost a lot less.

17. james948 macrumors 6502

Yeah. I know they're high quality but they're still pricey. Ugh.

18. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Did you get your backplate from ebay yet james? The seller is giving me a refund monday if i have not received by then.

19. james948 macrumors 6502

Nope. I've entirely given up. I asked for and received a refund a few days ago. Unbelievable. I'm thinking of going with wefixmac.com as at least they're in London so I can go see their parts.
    How about you?

20. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Hoping it comes in the mail today otherwise i will be asking for a refund.

21. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

Great to see you have taken me up on my recommendation of parts supplier, I still have all my white parts here ready to fit myself, but have been enjoying the whole iPhone experience so much, I am yet to get round to carrying out the actual colour swap lol. I do need to invest in a new screwdriver set, so will get that soon, and then carry out the conversion. I hope my lcd is not offset to be honest, this would annoy the crap out of me if Im personally honest, Im quite OCD when it comes to things like that detail.

22. I oO AL3X Oo I macrumors newbie

hi there Pez555

im soon to be taking the plunge as well but i was just wondering how much the postage actually costs since you would have to insure it for £500+ with royal mail

thanks

23. Pez555 thread starter macrumors 68000

Pez555

Hi mate,

for next day delivery insured up to £1000 it cost me £6.35 i think......cant remember exactly but wasnt more than £7.

24. I oO AL3X Oo I macrumors newbie

alright thanks i should be getting my iphone from vodafone this week :)