Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared a teaser for the second season of popular Apple TV+ comedy "Mythic Quest," which is set to premiere on Friday, May 7.

"Mythic Quest," along with shows like "The Morning Show," "Dickinson," "See," and "For All Mankind," was one of the first series to be made available on Apple TV+.

The show follows a team of video game developers navigating the challenges of running a popular online massive multiplayer roleplaying game similar to World of Warcraft. The series was created by Rob McElhenney and Charlie Day, known for their work on long running series "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia."

McElhenney plays Grimm, the studio's creative director, with David Hornsby starring as executive producer David Brittlesbee and Charlotte Nicdao playing lead engineer Poppy Li. The show also features Danny Pudi and F. Murray Abraham.

Season 2 of "Mythic Quest" will focus on the team's efforts to create a new expansion for the game, building on the "Raven's Banquet" expansion that was featured in the first season.
With the quarantine finally over, season two of "Mythic Quest" finds everyone back in the office (well, almost everyone), attempting to build upon the success of Raven's Banquet by launching an epic new expansion, but Ian (Rob McElhenney) and the newly promoted co-creative director, Poppy (Charlotte Nicdao), struggle with the game's direction. Meanwhile, C.W. (F. Murray Abraham) reconciles some unresolved issues from his past, the testers (Ashly Burch and Imani Hakim) test the bounds of an office romance, and David (David Hornsby) loses yet another woman in his life as Jo (Jessie Ennis) leaves him to assist Brad (Danny Pudi).
While the first season was titled "Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet," the Raven's Banquet part of the title has been dropped for the second season. Along with "Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet," the cast of the show also starred in a one-off "Mythic Quest: Quarantine" episode that received rave reviews last spring.

Article Link: 'Mythic Quest' Season 2 Premiering on Apple TV+ on May 7

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! APPLE THANK YOU I NEED MORE MYTHIC QUEST IN MY LIFE!!! Inject this and Ted Lasso into MY VEINS STAT! Wow wow wow!! What a based 2021 lineup from Apple. Really exciting.

Apple TV+ has mastered the comedy genre - not one dud comedy series thusfar (mileage may vary on Dickinson - I find it hilarious, but it's not for everyone's taste I'm sure).

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
Looking forward to this one. Season 1 was very funny. I love stumbling on a good series by accident. My hope is that Apple won't adopt the two seasons and done strategy of other streaming services.
Apple seems to be pushing for many seasons so far - Mythic Quest is one of their most popular shows, I can't imagine they would let it stop early. Mcelhenney also stated he would love to go long with MQ like IASIP has.

Reactions: Guscat

Amacfa

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2009
D.C.
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! APPLE THANK YOU I NEED MORE MYTHIC QUEST IN MY LIFE!!! Inject this and Ted Lasso into MY VEINS STAT! Wow wow wow!! What a based 2021 lineup from Apple. Really exciting.

Apple TV+ has mastered the comedy genre - not one dud comedy series thusfar (mileage may vary on Dickinson - I find it hilarious, but it's not for everyone's taste I'm sure).
Yet Apple still can’t make a decent action or sci-fi flick

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
Yet Apple still can’t make a decent action or sci-fi flick
What? They're one year old as a service. They have For All Mankind, which is an incredible sci-fi TV show, and I am looking forward to hearing more about Foundation - it looks like they are sparing no expense. Tehran is a KICKASS action thriller, not a movie either, but it's WAYYY better than decent.

Greyhound - decent action movie for sure. I enjoyed it. I thought the action was heart pounding. Not overly long either.

Give it a couple years - Apple will have a massive stable of solid sci-fi soon. Good sci-fi doesn't get made overnight. Apple knows their core audience loves sci-fi.

al256

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2001
I made it as far as A Dark Quiet Death but that episode just sucked the oxygen out of the room and I couldn't watch another episode.

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
Freaking amazing trailer too. Snoop Dogg as a guest? Nice... And, looks like CW Longbottom (F Murray Abraham) is going to be working remotely. I love how they used that COVID challenge (due to age) and turned it into a great little twist.

Duane Martin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I am really happy to read this. The first season 0f Mythic Quest was great, the Quarantine episode possibly one of the best pieces of television ever. Really looking forward to the second season of many of the series on AppleTV+, particularly Ted Lasso. Though I acknowledge it is not everyone's cup of tea (see what I did there) why would we imagine that we would all like the same thing? If the show has an audience, and most of them do, then good for the show and the audience. Good on Apple for creating series at least some of us are really looking forward to.

I am struggling to think of a series on Netflix or Amazon that I am as excited about another season of. And Disney+ has a great back-catalog but beyond the one signature show, well, AppleTV+ is starting to look like the better bet for me.

Last edited:

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
Just binged this a few weeks ago when looking for something to watch. Really enjoyed it. Surprised me actually. Looking forward to season 2!
Most Apple TV+ shows will do that - I have gone in to most of them with no expectations and came away surprised or blown away at the quality and entertainment value. Really HBO calibre. That Richard Plepler hiring from HBO set the tone for sure. Erlicht and Van Amburg have been doing yeoman's work for Apple overseeing the content pipeline.

thadoggfather

macrumors G5
Oct 1, 2007
Probably the most entertaining thing I’ve seen of the handful on atv+

started off incredibly skeptical

bring it on

Reactions: Ar40
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.