Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenmymac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Tulsa, Ok
I have a question about this... i paid for it downloaded it and works fine but the forecast and stuff at the bottom is completely wrong and Idea why this app is so buggy or any one have problems with it

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I haven't gotten the 2.0 software yet so can't try the app but I am very excited about it & hope it is not buggy. It is a one-time payment, right? No subscription required?

saturniphone

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2008
Has anyone been able to email them? I went to their support site and the email address that they posted (iPhone@myweather.net) gets bounced when I send to it.

iEdge

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
MyWeather app

The MyWeather support email address is working.

Has anyone been able to email them? I went to their support site and the email address that they posted (iPhone@myweather.net) gets bounced when I send to it.

mikepj

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2004
I'm the developer of MyWeather Mobile for the iPhone.

There was a problem last week with the forecast model, which resulted in forecast temperatures being 5-10 degrees above normal for some days. As far as I know this issue has been resolved, so if you continue to see forecasts that are dramatically off-base, let us know.

Version 1.1 with animated radar, 4x the locations, and a host of other features/bug fixes will be posted soon...

Mike

jsimpson

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2006
I have this one and it works great, the support staff has been very fast to respond to any questions and they have submitted the next version to Apple and will be up soon I hope. It will add more cities, radar loops, and fix a few things (at least that's the stuff I was told about). The multiple cities and radar (full screen if rotated) makes it worth the cost IMO.

digitalfx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
once he adds the animated radar it will be worth $15, otherwise not a huge difference vs the free version.

Free version has the same features PLUS live cameras.

$15 version offers larger radar map and closer zoom level.
Although the zoom is NOT street level as advertised .

currently its hard to justify $15 over the free version, once we get animated radar and true street level zoom, then it will be worth every penny.

mikepj

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2004
MyWeather 1.0.2 was posted last night on the App Store. This version includes animated radar, street level zooming (see image below, hope this is close enough :)), 4x more locations, and several other improvements. Locations are now much easier to add because now every search result will be listed as city, state. No more guessing which location is which.

Additional feedback is always valuable, so if you want to see something added, let us know!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2008-07-22 13:55:23 -0400-1.png
    Screenshot 2008-07-22 13:55:23 -0400-1.png
    293.8 KB · Views: 133

littlewaywelt

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2007
I'm the developer of MyWeather Mobile for the iPhone.

There was a problem last week with the forecast model, which resulted in forecast temperatures being 5-10 degrees above normal for some days. As far as I know this issue has been resolved, so if you continue to see forecasts that are dramatically off-base, let us know.

Version 1.1 with animated radar, 4x the locations, and a host of other features/bug fixes will be posted soon...

Mike
How about adding zip code support and % chance of precipitation
Many cities are not listed and no international cities. Nearly all weather apps give you the ability to search by zipcode. In fact yours is the first I've seen or used that doesn't.
I'd also like to see the ability to add links to weather cams and traffic cams.

If you're looking for ideas look at the functionality that WeatherPannel for WM offers in customization, along with SBSH PocketWeather for WM

digitalfx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2007
MyWeather 1.0.2 was posted last night on the App Store. This version includes animated radar, street level zooming (see image below, hope this is close enough :)), 4x more locations, and several other improvements. Locations are now much easier to add because now every search result will be listed as city, state. No more guessing which location is which.

Additional feedback is always valuable, so if you want to see something added, let us know!

nice! How long does it typically take for us to be able to download it?

Can you zoom closer so I can see myself in the front yard :)

Was able to force the download...not showing up as an update yet.

Very nice improvements...a few suggestions for future upgrades:
1. double tap to zoom back out
2. add times of loop
3. ability to stop the loop and see the latest radar

greenmymac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Tulsa, Ok
nice! How long does it typically take for us to be able to download it?

Can you zoom closer so I can see myself in the front yard :)

Was able to force the download...not showing up as an update yet.

Very nice improvements...a few suggestions for future upgrades:
1. double tap to zoom back out
2. add times of loop
3. ability to stop the loop and see the latest radar

I would also like to see current windspeed ( not just future windspeed) kind of like weather bug! Great App Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.