Naked iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by endo689, Apr 19, 2011.

1. endo689 macrumors newbie

Just wanted to know if anyone here goes completely naked with their iPhone 4? I bought a case for mine but love the way the phone itself looks.

2. BUFFBOY macrumors regular

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I really dislike even a tiny amount of bulk that cases add to my perfect phone, so I ended up going with the full-body carbon skins by lucky labs.

Scratch protection only and no bulk added whatsoever :)

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Id love to go naked, but I would never forgive myself if I dropped it :rolleyes:

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Naked all the way. Wouldn't use an iPhone in any other way.

6. ani23 macrumors 6502

Dropped mine twice and would have broken it if not for speck case. Peace of mind over looks for me.

Also I can throw it in the bag leave it on tables etc without having to worry about scratches. I am not going to spend time worrying about breaking or scratching it.

7. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Yes, it is a beautiful device; I wouldn't dare having it without its protective case (Otterbox Commuter).

8. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I'm a phone dropper, so I need the protection. In fact, I dropped my iPhone 4, and stepped on it while getting out of my car... the day before my OtterBox defender case came in the mail. Luckily, my temporary Apple bumper case protected it from breaking or getting scratched.

9. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I've been using it naked a lot more recently... it just looks SO good. But it depends where I'm going or what I'm doing - at work I tend to leave it lying on my desk, so I keep it in the case. If I'm going out and know it'll stay in my pocket all day, then it goes naked.

10. Applepi macrumors 6502a

Applepi

11. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Hahaha... even if you're not, I still think people take a big risk by not protecting their asset. Unless they just have money to blow...

12. seattlecard macrumors member

13. andyx3x macrumors 65816

The fingerprints and smudges that would be all over the back of the phone would drive me crazy enough to have to get a case.

14. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

i rock it naked screen is still perfect had it since launch day, but i do have 3 minor scratches on the back idk where they came from never dropped my device maybe from a previous case. but idc long as the screen is good im happy.

15. endo689 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've heard that the back of the iPhone isn't as scratch resistant as the front. Anyone hear if this is true?

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use the black Apple bumper on mine. To me it feels too slippery naked.

17. thefreeagent macrumors member

Naked Is Sexy!

Went with a case for the first couple of months, then got rid of it about six months ago....I love it! I DO use the Power Support Crystal front and back screen protectors, but they are basically invisible. It is just so much nicer to see and feel this gorgeous device unobstructed, in my opinion.

18. JD914 macrumors 6502a

JD914

Can someone who swears by "naked", dropped and broke their phone please speak up?

19. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

im waiting for this one too

20. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Sounds like there's no one out there that this has happened to...

Even if someone actually did drop theirs, the percentage that it would actually happen to you (given that your a careful person) are so small that I don't even worry about it :)

Might as well have your kids trapped in a case while your at it since they might fall/drop and hurt something ;)

21. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

I have a griffin clear hard bumper case on mine. Almost naked. I love naked, but I had death grip issues so I had to go bumper at least.

22. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Get phone insurance and go naked it's the only way :D

I've dropped my phone twice but no cracks or breakage just a few minor scratches on the midframe!

23. xMClass macrumors 6502

Seems like it. The back of my iPhone 4 has a few scratches, one being pretty deep and my camera lens is also pretty scratched up. With that said, I do use my iPhone 4 naked 90% of the time, I have an Apple Bumper which I use occasionally.

24. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

25. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

Although the idea of going naked totally appeals to me, I just can't fathom the possibility of having to cough up $200 to pay for a refurbished phone after I drop mine and shatter the glass.