Native Podcast App

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by c14nhl, Mar 23, 2016.

1. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

My Apple Watch is close to perfect for the gym now I've found a great native app for tracking weight training in "Fitness Point", highly recommended!

Also have Bluetooth headphones which I bought cheaply from Amazon, "SoundPEATS QY7", which do the job I need good enough at the moment. I will upgrade once I've proved to myself I'll use them enough but great for a first pair of Bluetooth headphones.

However, I pretty much exclusively listen to Podcasts. I downloaded an album to test listening to music and updating my workout using "Fitness Point", to check how I managed in the gym with just the watch and it was fantastic. Having a 6S Plus, it's a pain carrying around the gym.

I've searched everywhere but can't find a native Podcast app anywhere.

I have searched Google and the forums but haven't found a recent post that states one isn't available and I'm trying to convince myself that surely there must be?!

Can anyone help me out? If not, has anyone found a workaround that doesn't require connecting my phone to a computer?

2. MrTazz macrumors member

MrTazz

Won't Overcast -podcast player with watch support be what you are looking for

Overcast: Podcast Player by Overcast Radio, LLC
    https://appsto.re/gb/jhe90.i

3. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Nope, that's not native.

I'm not even sure how connecting your iPhone to a computer would do anything. But to answer your question, I'm not aware of anything. If you have a way of transferring/downloading them as songs, that would probably be your easiest way, but I've never tried to do that before.

4. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

you should be able to make a playlists of podcast via iTunes (in the MUSIC tab, NOT playlists), then sync that to your watch.

Attached Files:

5. Ruja macrumors regular

Ruja

Yeah, I think it's currently the only way. However, I was bothering myself if now with watch os 3, there's something new in order to do it easier. Anybody can answer that?

Thanks in advance.