Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
I just can't believe Apple only has 40 people approving App Store apps. For the amount of developers and applications, 40 is an absurdly low number.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
It's a pretty major app so it must have been rejected to take this long for approval.

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
It's a pretty major app so it must have been rejected to take this long for approval.
it was submitted on the 23rd.. and average review time at the moment is about 2 weeks. so far its been a week and a half. and i would have thought navigon would have released info if it had been rejected - they release info on everything else well

vertigo235

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2009
Oh nevermind, I just noticed who made that post, it's tunnelrunner, who apparently acts as though NAVIGON raped his mother and killed his dog or something.

vertigo235

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2009
Oh calm down, Vertigo, geez. Everyone's got their favorite GPS apps, and everyone's got apps that they've had bad experiences with. I happen to be one of the folks who have had some pretty bad experiences with Navigon. Hell, lots of people don't like my favorite apps TomTom or AT&T, doesn't mean I'm gonna all ad hominem on their a**es....

We get it, you don't like NAVIGON, just go away and stop bothering us,you don't see me thread crapping all over your AT&T app or TomTom do you?

Tunnelrunner doesn't like NAVIGON, go away.

vertigo235

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2009
I wonder if the reviewers had yesterday off.

Even still, the update should be coming soon. I'm certainly getting anxious.

aawil

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
Can't wait for this update, did an hour and a half trip a couple weekends ago and the route was spot on, of course I was at it's mercy either way.

DotComCTO

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2006
It's a pretty darn long wait for a GPS update. What's Apple doing...making sure it says the street names properly for every street in the US?

:p

--DotComCTO

Vandam500

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
It's a pretty darn long wait for a GPS update. What's Apple doing...making sure it says the street names properly for every street in the US?

:p

--DotComCTO

"Apple has rejected a software update for the popular "Navigon" GPS app because during testing it pronounced a street name incorrectly which according to Apple would cause the user to be confused. The Navigon developers are working on a fix and the app would be resubmitted soon."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
"Apple has rejected a software update for the popular "Navigon" GPS app because during testing it pronounced a street name incorrectly which according to Apple would cause the user to be confused. The Navigon developers are working on a fix and the app would be resubmitted soon."

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well there you go...

Confusion is my steady state so perhaps it would make sense to me. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.