iPhone X Nearly 6 months in, the iPhone X isn't that successful

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Adelphos33, Mar 19, 2018.

1. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

I've seen a decent amount of iPhone X's in my area. Might be a type of community type thing?

2. Dodgeman macrumors 65816

I noticed quick battery drain as well.
    I wonder what the next version is going to look like. Wonder if a X plus is coming.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

There will be very few notable physical changes with the new iPhone X in the fall, its not expected that hardware changes change drastically annually, aside from new color introduction. As for you wondering about an iPhone X Plus launch, it’s literally guaranteed that will happen, which has been rumored for months that a 6.5 iPhone X will launch alongside a new 5.8 iPhone X.

4. eliahchen, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018

eliahchen macrumors newbie

eliahchen

Personally I think its not a bad phone. Everything from warranty to testing, and glitches. Its just not like what it used to be and the expectations in my opinion. RIP Steve Jobs.

Now as far as it being a bad phone. Nah I don't think its the worse. Might even be the best, but it undid everything Steve Jobs was about. Pretty much opposite of everything he did, software and hardware and warranty. I think its pretty much going back to before Steve Jobs.

People with old products are not happy with the problems of their old phones. The resale value, their value to give to kids, etc. Everything about Tim Cook is EOL and slow downs, and that he doesn't care how he treats current customers and old customers and old products. Free repairs for people in warranty? FREE FREE FREE? Free repairs because they were caught! Words not used in normal cases, because they have too much bloody money and people are too scared to offend them in anyway. My IPhone 6s, after update after update, my phone's battery keeps getting better. From 79%-92%-90%. Interesting how my battery keeps getting better!

There are features like the Animjoi feature, that they kept from other phones too. I find that warranty isn't what it used to be as they won't honor accidental warranty either. I had a seizure and dropped my phone and they said I did it on purpose. I had to buy a phone right on the spot cause I was in the middle of my car accident settlement and also needed to see doctors. Many of my friends also don't know if they want to continue with Apple. They don't treat people the same and have clicks and favorites. Even if they do something , Apple has groupy and clicks now. A lot of their stores are not professional. And their support said I never called about any complaints. I have a hard time getting to a manager when they don't understand english or what I am saying. And refuse to transfer me to a manager. All of them now saying they are the highest form of management. They said I probably called tech support to congratulate them on how great of a job they do. Yes right cause I called TECH SUPPORT and CUSTOMER SERVICE for fun and congratulations your so nice that when your software doesn't work, I told you good job!

A lot of people are starting to notice similar support and so I know a group of people like myself wondering if we want to upgrade. If you look at warranty, they are not sure what they want to do. Until a lot of people complain then they try to fix it, then break it, then fix it, then break it. Sounds to me they are trying to do min damage control. Apple used to never be like this.

Also because we don't want our X to be like that. And we think the notch and no fingerprint is bad. The trust we have in Apple is flaky. I am a customer that used to brag about how great Apple is, and now completely disappointed.

Also I know in our Pokémon Go group, very few have the X. I only know one person who said they liked it. I know more people who bought them and bought enough X phones to upgrade all of their families phones, they returned them. Said they didn't like them and will look to see for improvements on the next one or kept one just for the hell of it. I know quite a few that say they like it, but really can't get used to it and they want to like it. =D

Plus sales for the IPhone X might be good in a different aspect. I mean look at movie theatre sales. They always gross and beat sales ALL the time for the previous year. But 70% + of the population and students no longer watch movies in the theatre. But the reason is every year after, there is still more people who watch in theatres year after year, even if the overall population isn't going to the theatres. Plus sales don't reflect on the number of returns.

5. Persian-apple macrumors regular

Persian-apple

Sometimes If recharge my 6S plus with my 10wTt griffin powerbank it drains Super fast maybe in 3hours of usage ...
    But if i only Recharge Via The normal charger And 1Amp powerbanks ...
    Or Powerbanks like anker That Automatically detect the right current...
    I can still get 6-7hours of usage out of my old 6S plus with 800-900cycles~ on it...
    Its still at 82percent capacity

But the X...
    Of course it feels like its a new battery but it feels Like the Hardware is too demanding for the battery and once the battery wears Out ...
    Myabe in two years...
    The battery will drain like crazyyy(thats Kust my speculation )

My 6S plus battery is worn out but i still use it as my main phone...

Even After almost 1000cycles Its not unusable no performance issues ...

Runs 11.3 not as fast but as smooth as the X...

But I dont think X will be a future proof phone

God bless and thanks for respinse man!❤️

6. Kram Sacul macrumors regular

Kram Sacul

It’s so dense. There’s so much going on in this post.

The doom and gloom of these kinds of threads are laughable. Plenty of people have Xs. Just because you don’t see them in Idaho or wherever doesn’t mean they’re not out there.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

At least the X is doing better than the HomePod.

8. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

I think the Echo got the leap on the HomePod though. It’s biggest disadvantage seems to be its exclusivity with Apple products and of course its higher cost. I don’t know anybody who has a HomePod whereas the Echo seems pretty popular at the moment among people I know, especially iPhone users.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Agreed, Plus Siri has now fallen very far behind and I fear she will never catch up. Apple promised huge Siri advancements and this remains a disappointment.

10. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

well with improvements for IOS 12 expected and hiring google and amazon staff it seems they are making it more of a focus now.

11. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

I can certainly relate to that lol. I get so frustrated when I have to ask my Apple Watch 6 times to set a timer for how ever many minutes I need lol. It’s rather sad when an £80 Echo has better voice recognition software than a £380 AW and a £600 iPhone.

12. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Well in fairness the homepod is very good for setting timers for me lol

13. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

Around 70% of the time Siri on my AW works every time.

14. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

15. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I heard you and hope they do.

16. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

My watch is more dependable I feel than my iphone for that lol The most I use siri for is for my lights in fairness. I use it more on the homepod than any other device as I use that for my podcasts mainly.

Would I use siri more if it was as good as alexa or ok google? most likely but not loads I don't think. Would much rather have a top quality assistant but doubt I would use it that much more to be fair.

17. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Wish my company could struggle like that!

18. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

I also saw an article that suggested as much as 40% of all iPhone X sales during that period was in the United States. I’ve said before I think the reaction is mixed because in many countries it’s a rare phone whereas many American posters here see tons of them.

From a financial point of view it’s a huge success for Apple. In terms of it being globally popular as a ‘must have’ device I don’t think it’s been as well received as cheaper iPhones. There’s just more choice now and flagship offerings are becoming more niche for pretty much all OEM’s in many countries. That isn’t to say they are not making huge profits from these niche markets though due to a much higher handset retail price.

19. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

You’re correct, just because somebody doesn’t see the iPhone X doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not ‘popular’. It’s still a fairly new device, given its price point, I don’t think it doesn’t mean it is not successful, but then again, I don’t think consumers upgrade as often, and the iPhone X doesn’t have to be for every one given its their most expensive iPhone. That’s why Apple has a larger iPhone lineup, offering price points and models for everybody.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 17, 2018 ---
    Not a relevant comparison at all in Apples Product catergories. The HomePod is a completely niche category that is two months old compared to an iPhone sector that is approximately 60% of Apples generated revenue in terms of hardware. Also, the iPhone X would have higher volume of sales, because that’s typically a financed item from most consumers, as the HomePod is usually paid in full and significantly cheaper.

20. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Siri has always been good for me. Works great on my watch or X. Siri is limited and needs more abilities as soon as possible. I watch my Amazon products do amazing things.

21. m0sher macrumors 6502

m0sher

22. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

But the notch really, I mean the price really, I mean the glitches really, I mean the, the, the...

LOLOLOLOLOL

When the sky falls, it really falls.

23. Martyimac macrumors 65816

Martyimac

Yep you are right as usual, it's the price. /S