Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
This just proved what I have been saying along about iPad. This thing will only be limited by the developers imagination. Hopefully all the haters out there are starting to get it???

enberg

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2010
This just proved what I have been saying along about iPad. This thing will only be limited by the developers imagination. Hopefully all the haters out there are starting to get it???
You know, putting video on a computer isn't exactly revolutionary.

klrobinson999

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
This is one of those "killer apps" that help to sell the device. I hope Hulu gets on board soon.

Why do I get the feeling the iPad is about to become my most used computing device? I'm in love with it before I even have it!

llurgy

Suspended
Jul 23, 2009
What are the minimum download speeds for streaming netflix movies?
I went to look on Netflix but all it says for requirements is an active broadband connection, but it doesnt specify any speeds.

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
You know, putting video on a computer isn't exactly revolutionary.

But everyone was saying Netflix would never come to the iPhone OS...and something doesn't have to be revolutionary to change the way people work or do things...

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
What are the minimum download speeds for streaming netflix movies?
I went to look on Netflix but all it says for requirements is an active broadband connection, but it doesnt specify any speeds.

Netflix for my 360 I have atleast 3-5mbs mainly 3 my average and I get full bars and HD streaming

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
I'm Dl'ing this and checking out the pkg contents. Maybe a simple .plst edit and this will be iPhone compatible.

If it's iPad-only it means it was built for 3.2, it's not possible to run it on an iPhone unless you can somehow hack 3.2 to install on an iPhone. It would only work on an iPhone if they compiled it as a Universal app.

Aduntu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
Look at Apple history.

What part of Apple history is going to show me where they've completely eliminated extremely lucrative product lines because they lowered pricing on newer products? I'm not saying Apple won't ever lower the price of the iPad, because I'm sure they will. But lowering it to $200 would completely destroy their iPod Touch market.

hugodrax

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2007
Look at Apple history.

Actually I think the way we are printing dollars, when hyperinflation hits that iPad will eventually cost 5,000 dollars. A Big Mac 30 bucks.

But the 200 dollars under your mattress lost its purchasing power several magnitudes.

sishaw

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2005
That's Salman Rushdie next to Julie Delpy, right?

Hey, if it's not ME next to Julie Delpy, I don't really care. Salmon Rushdie, Adam Goldberg, whoever.

Seriously, though, Netflix on iPad will be great. Now I'll be able to curl up with a good movie!

Aduntu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2010
Actually I think the way we are printing dollars, when hyperinflation hits that iPad will eventually cost 5,000 dollars. A Big Mac 30 bucks.

But the 200 dollars under your mattress lost its purchasing power several magnitudes.

I can see it now, two Big Macs for $60! What a deal!

E.Lizardo

macrumors 68000
May 28, 2008
However good this may be for iPad adoption it seems to be flying in the face of Apple's own iTunes plans I would have thought. Strange times but exciting none the less.

One more time.The iTunes store is there to sell hardware.As has been said many times since it opened it barely breaks even.Even the app store when you add in the cost of hosting the many free apps.

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
What part of Apple history is going to show me where they've completely eliminated extremely lucrative product lines because they lowered pricing on newer products? I'm not saying Apple won't ever lower the price of the iPad, because I'm sure they will. But lowering it to $200 would completely destroy their iPod Touch market.

I think what he is talking about is the subsidized cost from AT&T if you sign up with AT&T for a two year contract you pay $30 (actually works out being $720) a month for that data plan in order for them to make the phone purchase price $200. The iPad has no plans for subsidizing at this time.

That or he is talking about when Apple lowered the price of the iPhone by $200 two months after it launched.

djinn

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2003
Without subsidy the iPhone is $500.You're in for a looong wait.

That isn't true. I got my wifes iphone for 200 bucks off ebay barely used with no contract. My iphone was a different story.

Just played the game.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.