Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coyote2006

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2006
I think it's unlikely that Apple is releasing a new designed 16" MacBookPro just together with the MacPro. Considering they fixed the heat and keyboard problems and added a great 16" Monitor with a powerful GPU, many Pros might choose the MacBookPro instead of the MacPro as there is no "Mac" at a $3500 price range. $6000 is just a lot of money if you just need a replacement for a 5,1 and not using the MacPro for high level calculating.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Should finally be a flood of 2015’s hitting the preowned market en masse, at appropriate prices given how old the internals are (very).

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
How can Apple not have an event before the end of the year? Apple said the Mac Pro would be released in 2019 and it’s hard to believe they would release such a long and eagerly-awaited, expensive product with only a press release. Unless they’re delaying it (again?) to 2020 and are really putting off announcing the delay, I say the likeliest possibility is they’re just planning the event on an abnormal date.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
How can Apple not have an event before the end of the year? Apple said the Mac Pro would be released in 2019 and it’s hard to believe they would release such a long and eagerly-awaited, expensive product with only a press release. Unless they’re delaying it (again?) to 2020 and are really putting off announcing the delay, I say the likeliest possibility is they’re just planning the event on an abnormal date.

Why do they need an event to release something they already announced at an event?

Reactions: turbineseaplane

ux4all

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
Chicago, IL, USA
Are you interested in getting a MacBook Pro or the Mac mini is enough for you?

when I had them they both fulfill different needs for me. The MBP is now my eldest's daily driver. The mac mini is the ultimate hobby mac... no dGPU... has tb3... I know it's an 8th gen i7 but it let's me do PC stuff without having to maintain a mac and a PC... honestly, the biggest problem has been the OS from both big shops... Microsoft's builds past .295 of 1903 breaks eGPU... Apple does not support NVIDIA natively... so, I am running a Radeon VII because it works in both. Though, the new Catalina Beta 2 apparently has 5700 xt support... so, I am waiting on more Navi maturity. The 5700 xt is the first Navi, whereas the VII was the last Vega... I usually try and get the last year of a model... so when the 16" hits, I'll wait until it matures and the bugs are worked out.

in summary, mac mini if you are a hobbyist. The MBP is for multiuse... my job now provides an MBP so I don't need a personal MBP for work... unfortunately, the MBP doesn't have a GPU (that I was given) but I would be a fool to complain...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.