Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

New 3G iPhone Photos?

Ratboy

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2002

Original Size:
First, Second, Third.

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
wow ... umm ... care to resize that ... ?

I saw this posted on engadget but i wasn't able to see the pictures (i guess theres a lot of traffic right now)

Comment

swagi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
Ooooh come on...

<sarcasm>...absolutely believable to use white volume buttons and a black mute button.</sarcasm>

At least you can see that on one of AIs linked photos. And the screen kind of looks like the one from Samsung F490 (is that a slider button I see there on the screen?)

Well, two weeks from now we know...;)

Comment

NYYankees

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2008
i believe these are cases for the 3G iPhone. if thats true, then the 3G iPhone will be even smaller than the case in the picture (it has to fit inside)

Comment

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
watsup with the empty speaker slot thing? if they are going to fake it they should cover all the bases:p

Comment

heyp

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2008
these definitely look more realistic than some other leaked photos... i'll take one in black

Comment

kleo

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2008
i believe these are cases for the 3G iPhone. if thats true, then the 3G iPhone will be even smaller than the case in the picture (it has to fit inside)

This is not a case it would be the housing of the actual phone. Could be fake samples sent out by apple to satisfy peoples desires to keep the real design under wraps till WWDC. Who knows....

What ever happened to "GLASS AND ALUMINUM"????

Comment

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002

Alternatively, it's a hollow shell that Apple will use for the 3G iPhone.

Comment

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2007
England
If this is indeed a fascia for an iPhone, wouldn't there be no glass? Am I correct in thinking the screen+glass+touch come as one piece?

Comment

neven

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2006
Portland, OR
AppleInsider ran these same photos, saying they were prototypes sent to accessory makers. If that's the case, scratch all the complaints mentioned in here - button color doesn't matter, wonky Home button doesn't matter, blank back doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is size and placement of features.

This is not a "case" for the new iPhone, according to the rumor; it's the shell of the iPhone itself. Meaning, they obviously didn't send InCase and similar companies a fully working new iPhone. No need.

Comment

NYYankees

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2008
the white color makes it look like a toy. its tacky. black and silver are much more professional. I thought apple was replacing their white with silver (ipods, iphone, future macbooks)

Comment

neven

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2006
Portland, OR
the white color makes it look like a toy. its tacky. black and silver are much more professional. I thought apple was replacing their white with silver (ipods, iphone, future macbooks)

This may be a deliberately misleading shell. As long as the dimensions are the same, the type of material shouldn't matter for (most) cases.

Or maybe they will come in white. Who knows, every Apple design has grown on me after a while. Remember how much people mocked white-on-silver keyboards? I have no problem with mine now.

Comment

NYYankees

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2008
You should consider glasses. There is glass on that case.

I believe skatemash is saying that there shouldnt be any glass in the picture because the "glass+touch capacitative screen" are one part. There is clearly glass in the picture though.

Comment

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
Does the new iPhone have to come in one color only just because the old one does?

Comment

NYYankees

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2008
If Apple has these pictures taken down, then we will know. They look legit to me.

or, apple can decide to let these pictures stay up, and we will be left guessing until they formally unveil it. if they take it down, then we most likely know what it looks like; if they dont, then we'll be left here speculating

Comment

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2007
England
or, apple can decide to let these pictures stay up, and we will be left guessing until they formally unveil it. if they take it down, then we most likely know what it looks like; if they dont, then we'll be left here speculating

Its like reverse psychology, then reverse reverse psychology the...argh!!!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.