Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Those quarters are significant because they were the first time iPhone sales were shown to waver. Meaning they showed even the iPhone fortress Apple has built for itself isn't impervious
Not significant at all. But Samsung should be the poster child on how to lose billions in their mobile phone division.

Jobs created that product line. Without that product line Timmy wouldn't have foresight to release anything
Timmy invented the iphone 6 and it took apple to new heights.

Everyone on Android is losing money except Samsung. Samsung can crush those companies easily. No one who buys above $600 goes for Oppo. And Oppo and One Plus have already destroyed Samsung at lower price points but Samsung doesn't care (Ironically the One Plus OLED is made by Samsung) because they money they make is in the high end. They couldn't care less for the table scraps.
Samsung mobile division took a drubbing loosing billions. If that was a stand-alone company it would have been in chapter 10.

I said One Plus has more features than an iPhone which is a fact. One Plus does not have more features than Samsung
One plus has 90% of the features at 50% of the price. You do the math and value equation.

I am pretty sure the BOD of Samsung are toasting each other as they just secured the sole supplier status of Apple's OLED panel and add on top the record breakers the S8 and Note 8 are going generate(thanks to offering similar hardware to iPhone Edition at a lower price point) and Samsung is well on its way to a stunner this year as they continue to silence critics who take jabs at their washing machines and Note 7.
Since there is nothing to be proven except a rumor, no comment. But I'm pretty sure the BOD is thinking the s8 may be the last try and jettison the mobile division if it can't work itself out. Who knows if they will be able to generate any sales against the up and coming iphone and if they'll be even able to cover their previous losses. My guess, is they won't even break even.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.