New Airport Extreme Base Station Update is out

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iBunny, Aug 29, 2007.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

D/L ing now.... Version 7.2.1

Edit: Works just fine... Hopefully this fixes some of my MBP Airport Issues.... So far so good.

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

It actually seems to have made mine work properly at last. Only took six months for them to get it working as advertised...Halleluia! :)

3. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Interesting, when I used Software Update to look for updates, it doesn't find any. But when I opened AirPort Utility, it informs me of a new firmware update.

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That's what it always does, as far as I know.

5. CybrMike macrumors member

what did it fix for you?

6. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

What was not properly for you? I've had my internet connection go in and out very often, and I'm not sure if it's a problem with AirPort or the ISP. If it's AirPort, hope this fixes it.

Same for me.

7. saxman macrumors 6502

I'm having trouble with my USB attached HD. It had been working fine as long as I power on the drive, then power on the AEBS. None of my computers are able to connect to the HD with the 7.2.1 firmware at present. Apparently over at the Apple forums some people are having the same problems.

I'm still testing some things out though. YMMV

8. quovadis macrumors regular

quovadis

me 2
    looks like Airport now detects many more wireless networks in the neighborhood than just before the update ...

9. Data macrumors 6502

Nothing

No update mensioning by the Airport utility nor by software update, i'm not sure if i should go and download it manually or not, still on 7.1.1 here, or could that be one of te bugs that the firmware update does not apear automaticly ?

10. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

the update showed up for me, but when i tried to update, it said "an error occurred while updating"

EDIT: i got it to work

11. skrysko macrumors member

I resolved this problem on my system by trashing the AirPort Utility Preferences at
    /Yourusername/Library/Preferences/com.apple.airport.airportutility.plist

Hopefully that helps you out.

Steve

12. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

The firmware update fixed a problem for me where the base station would "lose" my shared USB printer, if the printer was turned off or unplugged. I had to reboot the base station in order for it to find the printer again.

After the update I can turn the printer off and on, and unplug and replug in the printer, and the base station can see it again without rebooting.

This has been broken since the first update (7.1?) for the base station...

13. saxman macrumors 6502

Thanks for that. I was about to do that myself right after I tried one last reboot of the AEBS. The last restart seemed to have worked so far. Just hope it lasts. Thanks

14. skrysko macrumors member

No problem....hopefully you'll be able to help me out next time.

Steve

15. cash4chaos macrumors member

cash4chaos

16. hooch macrumors member

Downloaded it right away. I always used the software updater but decided to check the firmware version I was on first in my Airport Utility. Mere seconds after opening the Utility, it tells me I have an update and asks if I want to install. I just love that I am an Apple fanatic and not a Windows fanatic like so many other idiots. Thanks apple for making it so simple!

17. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

Just added the update. It had a few problems after the update. Kept dropping my network but after a computer restart it seems to be stable now. I am hoping it stays that way!!!!:eek:

18. jonhaxor macrumors regular

IPv6 Fixes

Update looks mostly like IPv6 Fixes .. mm Teredo tunnels - was that in there before? never noticed

19. rktheac macrumors newbie

I like the fact that when I update the firmware on AEBS, it remembers my settings instead of resetting to factory default. My D-Link router does this, my former Linksys and Netgear routers would all forget their settings when I upgrade the firmware. I'd have to remember to save the settings to a file before I perform the upgrade, but if I don't, I'm hosed.

Surely to some of you this isn't much of a news, but this being my first Apple router (I've used Macs for years), it's a pleasant surprise.

20. Kaptajn Haddock macrumors regular

Kaptajn Haddock

So did it fix the airport-freeze-forcing-reboot-thing when transfering large files to an attached usb-drive?

21. Kelmon macrumors 6502a

Kelmon

That's the issue that I was having and I'm hoping that the fix resolves it. Unfortunately I won't be able to test this until this evening so will need to wait a while. However, confirmation from others that this is fixed would be nice as it's the only issue that I am having at the moment.

22. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Every time I tried to connect to my USB drive, it would blow my internet connection, park a prefs file full of unicode in my Library and I'd have to fiddle with it for ages to get the drive, printers and network all running at once. Now it connects instantly and painlessly.

23. dj4uofa macrumors newbie

Airport not connecting to internet after update

I updated the firmware a couple hours ago and then couldn't connect to the internet! I restarted and unplugged the base station, but no dice. I had to upload the old firmware to get it working again. Anyone else experiencing this?

24. commander.data macrumors 6502a

I don't suppose there will be a firmward update to certify the 802.11n cards in the MacBook Pro, MacBook, etc. to draft 2.0 spec. Or are they already certified?