johny5

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2007
UK
This is great news.
As an ex seller on Amazon that got shafted by Amazon with people returning fake and other peoples products even up to 2 years after purchase I think I will treat myself to 2 years use of these and then return them for a full refund.

Comment

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Great. Alexa listening and Amazon recording everywhere you go.

Sure, you can delete the recordings. But Amazon only allows deleting one a time and it takes a second or two each time. No Delete All. Give Amazon plausible deniability they are not creepy and people are in control but designing it in a way it’s too much a pain for the average person to actually do. Straight out of the Facebook playbook.

Honestly, people are nuts to put products with always-listening functionality from Facebook, Google, and Amazon.

Comment

cjboffoli97

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2005
Seattle, WA
Not defending amazon at all but they have made decisions that have allowed them to become one of the largest retailers on the planet, not to mention their business platform services. They saw their opportunities and have taken advantage for better or worse
Apparently, some of those decisions have included calamitous exploitation of their warehouse and delivery workforce, doing little to control counterfeit products and rampant copyright infringement among the products they sell, and consistently generating masses of non-recyclable plastic waste (much of which pollutes our oceans). So bully for them for being one of the largest retailers on the planet.

Comment

jlc1978

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2009
Man the same can be said about Apple copying other companies in tech trends, I would even argue it is the opposite: Apple is often the last one to arrive to the party on many things, copying/building on other companies' first attempts.

More often than not it’s actually the other way around. Apple frequently copies other companies.

Yes, in many ways Apple is a fast follower that takes an idea and builds on it, much like Microsoft; although that is a bit different than copying, IMHO. To me a copy is a direct knockoff, not seeing a good idea and thinking "we can do that better" and "there seems to be a market there..."

What are you expecting, free headphones?

and money for nothin' and chicks for free...(I want my MTV)...

The biggest issue I have with all these designs id the lack of a replaceable battery. When the battery goes you have an expensive piece of plastic and metal waste. Things like this should at least be designed for recycling or ideally battery replacement.

Last edited:
Comment

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Not defending amazon at all but they have made decisions that have allowed them to become one of the largest retailers on the planet, not to mention their business platform services. They saw their opportunities and have taken advantage for better or worse
There’s a reason they went with name like Amazon vs. Steve’s online book store.

Comment

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I tempted to try these but I suspect the ANC won't be world-beating so need to continue holding out for the Sony WF-1000XM4 to replace my WF-1000XM3.

I'm been very happy with the ANC on the WF-1000XM3 which is equal to the newer Bose Quietcomfort earbuds. Also, they sound better to me than the Bose and Airpods Pro for Hip-Hop and Drum & Bass = more bass. I know Sony won't disappoint.

I used my fair share of noise cancelling headphones/earbuds, and Sony seems to make the best in both categories.

Reactions: jimmy_uk
Comment

DekuBleep

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2013
Is the noise cancellation better than in the AirPods Pro? I was unsure based upon the title of the article.

Comment

Captain Trips

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2020
Columbus, OH, USA
Maybe we'll see some eye wear next ;)

How about these? Best thing is, you can get them now! 🤪

iu.jpeg

Comment

lederermc

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
Seattle
Comment

mannyvel

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2019
Hillsboro, OR
Apparently, some of those decisions have included calamitous exploitation of their warehouse and delivery workforce, doing little to control counterfeit products and rampant copyright infringement among the products they sell, and consistently generating masses of non-recyclable plastic waste (much of which pollutes our oceans). So bully for them for being one of the largest retailers on the planet.
And how is that any different than any other corporation? And "exploitation" is one of those meaningless words used by leftists. It's not like Chinese Forced Labor; amazon workers can quit at any time.

If you don't like it, form your own corporation and show everyone how it's done.

Reactions: Razorpit
Comment

ackmondual

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
Again, literally every tech company in the world completely copies Apple in everything.
Steve Jobs insisted that 4" was the perfect size for a phone. Later on, iPhone 6 and 6+ delved into 4.7" and 5.5" screens

They're not the first company to do capacitive touch screens. And you said "copied", so even if Apple copied it and made it better, it still counts

Apple didn't come up with the mouse and GUI

You'd think Apple would come up with their own search engine, rather than taking in billions from Google to make theirs the default search engine on some of their own hardware

Need we go on?

Comment

Mthomas80

Suspended
Apr 14, 2021
Again, literally every tech company in the world completely copies Apple in everything.
Oh the irony....
And how is that any different than any other corporation? And "exploitation" is one of those meaningless words used by leftists. It's not like Chinese Forced Labor; amazon workers can quit at any time.

If you don't like it, form your own corporation and show everyone how it's done.
it still wouldn’t be better than the almighty never do wrong apple

Comment

DJMarty

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2016
What is the appeal of those gummy things inside the ear other than sealing external sound?

I hate them, they are so uncomfortable, that's why I think the basic AirPods design is the best and I hope they continue to exist or any evolution do not have the silicone tips.
Apparently you dont like bass.

Reactions: Razorpit
Comment

mcfrazieriv

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2012
Company's should be prevented from selling their own products at discounted prices to undercut everyone else.
How society has allowed platforms to develop their own content or product is beyond me.
We used to understand this back when the movie studios owned everything from production, to distribution to the theaters they played their own films in - and they were broken up.

Comment

Td1970

Suspended
Jan 29, 2021
Man the same can be said about Apple copying other companies in tech trends, I would even argue it is the opposite: Apple is often the last one to arrive to the party on many things, copying/building on other companies' first attempts.
Come on man. That’s a post looking for likes. And nothing else

Comment

Td1970

Suspended
Jan 29, 2021
Now changing to topic. All because it’s not Apple.
Not to mention the apples exploitation of the Chinese.

Comment

jlc1978

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2009
Company's should be prevented from selling their own products at discounted prices to undercut everyone else.

Why? People can chose what to buy, name brand or house brand based on their preferences. It's the free market at work.

How society has allowed platforms to develop their own content or product is beyond me.

People wanted the same quality at lower prices?

Comment

Morgenland

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2009
Europe

Sometimes I wonder why Amazon performs so poorly in operating profit, despite all their product piracy and copying of marketing concepts (movies, audio).
Screenshot 2021-04-14 um 20.10.18.png

Comment

Lemon Olive

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2020
I was somewhat impressed with AirPods Pro noise cancellation when I first got them, but it seems to have gotten worse with time. They could do a lot better.

Comment

odHbo

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2007
More often than not it’s actually the other way around. Apple frequently copies other companies.
I'm pretty sure the comment was relating to industrial design and Apple rarely if ever copies design as much as we're seeing here. That headphone case closed would fool 90% of the GP into thinking they're AirPods.

Reactions: Morgenland
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.