Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

surgedc5

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2008
Southern California
hey walmart has the 8 gig touch for a wopping 195.00 on Friday. that's worth loosing your life for.

what does the apple store give fore a trade in ipod on a new one? can do trade in two?

you do know the 8gig touch is the second gen model right? not the new 3rd gen

does anyone one know if the older gen nanos (4th gen chromatics refurb.) will be part of the black friday sale?

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
you do know the 8gig touch is the second gen model right? not the new 3rd gen

does anyone one know if the older gen nanos (4th gen chromatics refurb.) will be part of the black friday sale?

yes I need the 3g 32 gig. my wife is blind and needs voiceover. I wish I could afford another iphone but I can't afford to get stuck with the extra 30 a month right now.
right now amazon has the 32 for 279.00 and free shipping.
hey I think I will buy my itouch here what a deal.
http://www.gettington.com/product.a...ferralID=18584030-da26-11de-9b2c-000423bb4e79

HkyGrL2

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2007
This is what my school is offering. They are even doing a black friday (but on Monday)
BuyBigSaveBigMacbook.jpg

macintoshian

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2009
This ad is incorrect...

I have 2 reasons to believe that this is wrong.

1. My friend works and Apple, and this is not the sale they are doing. They are going to be doing the original one that BGR posted. It said 25% off all Macs, 30% all iPods, and 15% off all accessories. That was what they were given.

2. Apple has already confirmed that the Mac Mini will be on sale, and this ad does not even mention the Mac Mini.

Hmmm, I guess we'll all find out tomorrow (hopefully)!

Anike

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2009

1. My friend works and Apple, and this is not the sale they are doing. They are going to be doing the original one that BGR posted. It said 25% off all Macs, 30% all iPods, and 15% off all accessories. That was what they were given.

2. Apple has already confirmed that the Mac Mini will be on sale, and this ad does not even mention the Mac Mini.

when you mention 25% off all macs does that include the MBP? possibly the 15 inch. =)

Marx55

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2005
PERCENTAGE, PERCENTAGE, PERCENTAGE. The key information is the percetage off.

metaweb

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2009
Morelia, Mexico
You can get the same discounts in Mexico, don't have to go to USA. Mexico has Apple Store online too. Only difference (and a BIG one) is the crappy 17% Mexican sales tax that takes advantage of consumers over other countries ... supposedly the rate is so high here because there are many tax evaders (like mom & pop shops), so they punish those that do pay taxes to get revenues.

Those prices are nice!
I can only wish to live in USA, since here most of the computers are at least $300 + 5% tax. I still don't get why people in USA cry about the prices there. That people earn way more money compared to what other people in other counties does.
Apple prices today are more than competitive and offers a lower TCO than the rest of the industry using windows. Just enjoy black friday!

metaweb

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2009
Morelia, Mexico

Guess your info is bad after all, it is already Thursday in Australia and NZ .. and the discounts are minor, not anything like what you are suggestion, far from it in fact. For example, the iPod Nano 16 only gets an $11 discount or about 5%. In Mexico's online store that does not even cover sales tax. Not much of a motivator to push someone to buy, unless they were already going to buy in the first place, .... do save a couple bucks I guess.

MrSEC

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2008

Unfortunately, your friend was wrong.:( The US website is showing the "sales" now.

cjmillsnun

macrumors 68020
Aug 28, 2009
^^^link?

People may earn more money in the US, but it sure costs more to live.

Sorry with the exception of Health Insurance, you're totally wrong there.

For example, My income tax is much higher than yours (22%), I pay 15% VAT (sales tax) on most of my items, fuel works out at $7.22 / US Gallon for me, food is more expensive, road tax costs more, computers cost more as do most consumer goods and utilities.

And I live in one of the cheaper countries to live in Europe.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Sorry with the exception of Health Insurance, you're totally wrong there.

For example, My income tax is much higher than yours (22%), I pay 15% VAT (sales tax) on most of my items, fuel works out at $7.22 / US Gallon for me, food is more expensive, road tax costs more, computers cost more as do most consumer goods and utilities.

And I live in one of the cheaper countries to live in Europe.

It depends on which city in the US you live in. Try living in Los Angeles or New York......

Also, I never said that the US is the most expensive place in the world to live in. I was simply stating that, although people in the US seem to make a high wage, the cost of living is also high. $100,000/yr in Los Angeles doesn't get you nearly as far as $100,000/yr in Panama (which is where that poster is from).

cjmillsnun

macrumors 68020
Aug 28, 2009
It depends on which city in the US you live in. Try living in Los Angeles or New York......

Also, I never said that the US is the most expensive place in the world to live in. I was simply stating that, although people in the US seem to make a high wage, the cost of living is also high. $100,000/yr in Los Angeles doesn't get you nearly as far as $100,000/yr in Panama (which is where that poster is from).

Fair comment there... But try living in London or any other place in the UK! And as I said, that is a very cheap place to live in Europe as the sales tax and income tax are lower than elsewhere...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.