New Apple Headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macmedal, Sep 9, 2008.

1. macmedal macrumors regular

As they have a mic I wonder if they will work with the iPhone ?

Attached Files:

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I was under the impression there are 2 new headphones, a $29 version with a mic, and the dual driver model, which on the liveblogs I read was not described as having or not having a mic. Guess we'll know when the store goes back up.

3. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I think unfortunately, the in ears dont have a mic...but i guess we will find out for definite!

4. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

On the Apple Store the new in-ear headphone have a mic and remote built in, but the compatible iPods does not mention the iPhone :confused:

I don't understand that one! I could do with replacing my 'hacked' in ear headphones.

Apple Store UK In-Ear Headphones

EDIT: Just noticed that all the "compatible iPod" notes on the pages are all screwed up, maybe it will be sorted soon and updated.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Ugh. It'd be typical of Apple to come out with a sweet pair of headphones with a mic/button that AREN'T compatible with the iPhone. :confused:

6. mattpol macrumors regular

7. michael31986 macrumors 68030

8. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Compatibility Information

The remote and mic are supported only by iPod nano (4th generation), iPod classic (120GB), and iPod touch (2nd generation). Audio is supported by all iPod models.

Holy ****, this is THE product I want for my iPhone. If these don't work with the mic/ipod controls on the iPhone this is ridiculous.

9. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Wow this isn't prominently displayed on the front page so I missed it, but it is actually pretty important. Those seem like quality headphones.

I'll stick with my v-moda's but still fantastic that they upped the quality here.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Agreed, wtf would an iPod touch and iPod nano need with a stupid mic? I mean I get there are apps and such, but they're not compatible with the iPhone?

11. i0Nic macrumors 65816

We need to email Apple and ask what is going on.

Surely the fact that it has a mic would mean that this product is MOST suited for the iPhone??

Man I am PISSED.

12. michael31986 macrumors 68030

13. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I can't imagine that a £55 will come with an iPod as standard!

Hopefully the lack of iPhone support is just a miss-print and will get updated soon. How stupid can Apple be....

14. slicecom macrumors 68020

lol Of course not! These cost $80 separately!

15. i0Nic macrumors 65816

No, $79 accessory.

16. fastbite macrumors 6502a

fastbite

I want them to for the iphone, with the clicker thingy for calls.

17. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The regular style do, the in-ear cost $79.

TEG

18. mdhwoods macrumors regular

Pretty ridiculous that it doesn't work with the iphone. I'm sure if it could it would have, but the iphone might not be technically able to support it. Doesn't have the hardware inside.

19. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Ok here's what I'm thinking.

The iphone software needs to be updated to 2.1 to allow for the new volume controls in the new earphones, which is why they are not listed as being compatible.

This is my only hope!

Cmon Apple do the right thing, there's a lot of people who own iPhones that want these headphones.

20. dom7 macrumors member

The iPhone 2.1 update better allow our headphones to use the "triple pinch" to go back one song just like the touch and nano...

21. michael31986 macrumors 68030

regular ear phones as in do they have a mic or no?

22. heyp macrumors 6502

hmm... could be... i think there is no way that they aren't eventually compatible with the iphone.... they appear to be made for the iphone with the built in mic

23. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Exactly! But this is Apple, they like making things not compatible with each other.

I don't even care if the volume thing didn't end up working on the iphone, as long as you could use the button and mic to answer calls, and pause/skip tracks, I'd be happy.

24. bluelondon macrumors regular

i agree that this must be a mis-print. a pair of high quality headphones with a mic that's not compatible with the iphone is just too dumb.

25. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

They won't work with the iPhone, but, they might after the 2.1 firware update. I find it hard to believe Apple would introduce new earbuds that won't work with the millions of iPhones already sold. How could the Touch and iPhone jacks be that different? They are practically the same device.