Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Y

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
I give up on Apple's color decisions. They are always vibrant. Never any dull muted colors. I need the green!!! I get it that they darken quickly. I don't care. Always with pastels. Sucks. On another note still bitter about not having a black leather MacBook Pro sleeve....One more thing...their attempt into education is laughable.
I agree that a nice muted olive or just olive leather would be a nice addition to the lineup.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I also got my orange leather case yesterday and I love it.

65AE2A52-9692-44B1-834D-50F1BE23AF4F.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr. Y

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Everyone who picked up their Orange Leather case, did you go in-store or order online with expedited shipping?

gtg465x

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2016
Does anyone else prefer the silicone to the leather? I have both but feel the silicone isn’t as slippy and has a nicer feel in the hand!

Silicone feels great in the hand and I love how you can set it on your pant leg without it sliding off easily, but it picks up an annoying amount of dust and lint from pockets and can also be hard to slide into and out of jean pockets.

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
Everyone who picked up their Orange Leather case, did you go in-store or order online with expedited shipping?
Ordered online with free shipping. As we have the long Easter weekend coming up, I'll receive mine next Tuesday.

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
Slightly more muted than the spicy orange silicon.

We have a different interpretation of “muted”! Spicy Orange to me was muted, especially against my original Orange Sport Band. The Spicy Orange was like it had a whitewash over it. Returned it after a week or so. Bright Orange is “full bodied”.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Do any stores in the US have it ?

Seems to be delayed for next week now

I guess Europe got an early scoop?

aj11fan

macrumors regular
May 11, 2009
I want the bright orange leather case but wouldn't it look too similar to the saddle brown, even with a nice dark patina?

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014
Florida
Anyone get the Denim Blue Silicone case yet? I would like to see real life pictures instead of the ones on apple.com,

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Went to my local Apple store today and came home with the beautiful Bright Orange leather case for my iPhone X! I already had the Spicy Orange silicon case but I really do think the orange hue in the leather version looks much better -- richer, deeper color. They had not even put them out on the display shelves yet so someone had to fetch it from the back for me. My iPhone X and I are both very pleased with her new look!

Reactions: geekiemac

JamiLynee

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2014
The PNW
Went to my local Apple store today and came home with the beautiful Bright Orange leather case for my iPhone X! I already had the Spicy Orange silicon case but I really do think the orange hue in the leather version looks much better -- richer, deeper color. They had not even put them out on the display shelves yet so someone had to fetch it from the back for me. My iPhone X and I are both very pleased with her new look!
Pics or it didn't happen ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.