Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Original poster

Apple has begun airing a new ad for its newly released Apple TV. The ad has not yet been posted to Apple's website, but forum member Rocketman was able to capture the ad using his Sony DSC-P10 camcorder and post it to Google Video (update: Improved video capture posted via YouTube):

Additional reader reports indicate that the ad is airing on multiple networks, including CNBC, ESPN, and MTV.

Update: Video updated to direct capture. Thanks to sminmin86.

Update 2: Apple has posted the ad to their website.

Article Link: Apple TV Ad Airs [Video Updatedx2]

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
So far I've found :apple:TV is one of the hardest brand name to querry on the internet (google, youtube, etc) so you get relevant results. :(

":apple:TV" is a no go
"Apple TV" gets you mostly other Apple products or non Apple TV sets
"ATV" gets you mostly stuff about all-terrain vehicles.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
So far I've found :apple:TV is one of the hardest brand name to querry on the internet (google, youtube, etc) so you get relevant results. :(

":apple:TV" is a no go
"Apple TV" gets you mostly other Apple products or non Apple TV sets
"ATV" gets you mostly stuff about all-terrain vehicles.

what about appletv?

Soundburst

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
Will anyone post a video of it because us U.K ones don't get any exciting Apple things over in these parts.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
what about appletv?

Never thought of trying "AppleTV" all in one word (Apple write it in two words). Gets me lots of interesting results in google. Not so much on youtube. Thanks nonetheless. (Still can't find the ad)

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I have a 10mb mpg of the commercial. Can I ftp/email it to macrumors.com for mirroring?

Rocketman

If you have :

Toast
Handbrake
QT Pro :

Do the following :

Use Toast to burn a DVD except save it as a disk image

Double click on the Toast file that was produced.It will mount like a normal DVD.

Use handbrake to export it in MP4

Open it with QT Pro and export as Apple TV

This will bring the size down to about 10-15megs

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
So, smooth product integration. And wonderful use of image and music. That's nice.

But I think the general reaction to this ad would be "Why is my TV my computer monitor when it's my TV?"

I'd hope there are more ... clear ads in the offing.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002

longofest

Editor emeritus
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA

Apple has begun airing a new ad for its newly released Apple TV. The ad has not yet been posted to Apple's website, but forum member Rocketman was able to capture the ad using his Sony DSC-P10 camcorder and post it to Google Video.

Additional reader reports indicate that the ad is airing on multiple networks, including CNBC, ESPN, and MTV.

[ Digg This ]

RedDragon870503

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2006
It is very "un-Apple" like I'd say. ie. no awkward dancing or completely white backgrounds.

That said, it is still a nice simple worthwhile ad.

Drew

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
Quick question:

Did you see the ad already and felt it was coming again or do you regularly have your camcorder on-standby for the off chance there might be an Apple Commercial or how the hell did you know?

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Original poster
I love School of Rock and :apple: TV!!!!

Agreed. I am also glad macrumors got the scoop on the ad being shown and viewing it on the internet :)

For the how'd you do that crowd, I have DVR on my satellite box and I replayed it and captured it by a means I consider quite neandratal. I have never even hooked that "ecosystem" to my Mac "ecosystem". There is probably a dirt easy way to do it too.

Rocketman

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
finally- a decent ad from apple. The apple computer ads are, yea "cute" but thats because i know what they are talking about. Why cant they simply state in a commercial, with this computer, you dont have to worry about viruses etc., and avoid the whole im a mac, im a pc thing. People are stupid, and i feel most people don't understand half of apples ads. This one is better than most of theirs..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.