Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Not ideal but would probably help, buy some sticky back plastic /acetate cut it to exactly the shape of the keys you want to protect and stick it on the keys?

Cheap individual key skins. :)

Harmless Abuse

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2008
I have a Moshi Clearguard because I have a Siberian Husky dog, and don't like intense amounts of hair getting stuck under the keys, and it really isn't that bad.

It takes a day or two to form a good fit over the keyboard it seemed, that or I just got used to it a lot more. After that, it barely messes with my typing, if at all. My keys feel a tiny bit more stiff and mushy, but it's not uncomfortable, and I write A LOT of papers and notes.

Other than massive amounts of hair getting stuck under the keys (no amount of vacuuming ever stops it), I don't see the problem. I don't mind shiny keys, it's not a major aesthetic issue anyways, and it's sad that some people protect their computers this much. It's a computer, it doesn't have feelings.

eldivino

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2009
Here's a crazy idea: Wash your hands before using. Remember your hands are naturally greasy......

crazyrog17

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2009
Michigan
May be off topic, but here's another vote for the Moshi Clearguard.

Took me less than a day or two to get used to it. I think I type better with the new feel.

The keys grip my fingers more and I'm not scared to touch my computer after I'd just eaten as this thing is washable as well.
:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.