Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XRichard23

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2015
Well I asked for the xt knockoff which was $24 that I was hoping to save a few bucks on. Ultimately I just bought it, didn't want to wait too long and this might be the last case I get for awhile if it indeed looks as good as photos online appear to be. Almost $25 was just a little tough to swallow for a paper thin case purely for aesthetics when the rhino shield bumper costs the same and has made my 6 plus nearly indestructible with minimal bulk.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
Well I asked for the xt knockoff which was $24 that I was hoping to save a few bucks on. Ultimately I just bought it, didn't want to wait too long and this might be the last case I get for awhile if it indeed looks as good as photos online appear to be. Almost $25 was just a little tough to swallow for a paper thin case purely for aesthetics when the rhino shield bumper costs the same and has made my 6 plus nearly indestructible with minimal bulk.

I agree with you. These paper thin cases are not worth $25. When I received the Shumuri XT, I had to laugh at myself for paying $22 for something that should cost $2. I like the case but it won't hold up for long and it's overpriced.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Just got my Cadaube Veil XT frost version for my space grey iphone 6 and couldn't be happier. Exactly what I wanted. Thin as a sticker skin, but keeps the original look.

This thing really is paper thing. Goes great with a tempered glass screen protector.

shamashu

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2014
I agree with you. These paper thin cases are not worth $25. When I received the Shumuri XT, I had to laugh at myself for paying $22 for something that should cost $2. I like the case but it won't hold up for long and it's overpriced.
We have the same thinking. When i received my XT it is the same as the knock off worth 1$ here in other stores. Can't believe I pay for it for 22$.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008

We have the same thinking. When i received my XT it is the same as the knock off worth 1$ here in other stores. Can't believe I pay for it for 22$.

I agree with both of you but the true worth of something is what the market will allow it to be worth.... people are paying $22 so that's what its worth. If people stop buying it at that price they will quickly lower it I'm sure, but in the meantime they are making a huge profit.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Really? You need a knockoff of something that only costs between $10 and $15? Good god. :confused:

No kidding..... but I suppose everyone has different price sensitivities. I'm sure there's a sizable contingent of broke college kids on Macrumors. :p I don't even think twice about anything under $25. So I'm pretty happy about my Veil XT given that it's pretty darn good quality and not exactly expensive.

If you want to see overpriced, check out the Apple cases. Now THAT is what I'd call overpriced. But I'm sure they still fly off the shelves like crazy.

----------

Yeah, but then you're in the Shumuri thread giving out 30% codes for the exact same product? OK, that makes a lot of sense!

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Just got my Cadaube Veil XT frost version for my space grey iphone 6 and couldn't be happier. Exactly what I wanted. Thin as a sticker skin, but keeps the original look.

This thing really is paper thing. Goes great with a tempered glass screen protector.

Agreed. I've got a Tech Armor glass screen protector and the Veil XT on the back. Looks and feels phenomenal. Tech Armor and Caudabe are probably two of my favorite brands. Not a coincidence that they've both got outstanding warranties and service as well. I'm thinking about trying out Tech Armor's newest version of the glass screen protector that supposedly goes edge to edge on the glass.

nracing

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2015
almost 2 weeks now with the veil XT, im loving the case but i would like it to be a little less slippery, if it wasn't for that it would be the perfect case. also thinking about trying the shumuri since the ship from the states now.

junebug1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
NE Ohio
Finally got a Veil XT for my iPhone 6 Plus and wanted to share a few thoughts. I originally had a Veil but broke broke my phone several weeks ago and the case took some nasty damage. Would've immediately gotten another but I saw guys like JNGold posting pictures of the upcoming Veil XT so I held off. Glad I did as my biggest complaint had been having the bottom completely open and Caudabe did a great job.

PROS:
My cutouts are perfect and everything snapped right into place without any issue. The case thickness appears to sit at the exact same height as the mute, volume and power buttons and makes them insanely easy to press. I should note I have a Benks Unique Pro .20mm Full Front Gorilla Glass installed and with the Veil XT swiping in from the sides, top and bottom feels perfect. There is no noticeable gap or ledge like so many other combinations I've tried. The camera bumper does it's job wonderfully and isn't any more annoying than having a camera bulge to begin with, at least now it is protected a bit. Lastly I have to give a nod to the Customer Service at Caudabe. Emailed the team about a week before this came out and got a response almost instantly in which they told me to hold off a little longer. Enough can't be said about a company doing little things like that. It was much appreciated and proves why a case like this is worth far more than some $1 knockoff.

CONS
There is only one issue I have to bring up. Although I believe the Wisp coloring is without a doubt my favorite look I wish there was a little bit more grip to the material. I don't know anything about how to achieve that or if it would affect the overall look, but it would just put this case over the top in terms of best ever for any generation iPhone.

WRAPUP
For someone looking for their iPhone to feel naked and unobstructed then this is 100% the best thing on the market, just don't kid yourself into thinking it would give you any additional drop protection.

Attachments

• IMG_0784.JPG
    IMG_0784.JPG
    326.9 KB · Views: 1,588
  • IMG_0786.JPG
    IMG_0786.JPG
    340.3 KB · Views: 587
  • IMG_0791.jpg
    IMG_0791.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 713

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Good review. This could be a good case for me for use around the house, or settled in a plush office. I had a Cadaube on my 5S and the phone got seriously hosed after accidental hard falls on granite or concrete floors at the train station.

DJLAXL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
UT
Received my XT yesterday and I am absolutely satisfied and happy with it. Feels amazing in the hand. I own a Power Support Air Jacket, a Defender, a Commuter, the grey Apple silicone and the black Apple leather cases and this is by far my favorite case out of all of them. Definitely a Caudabe supporter now.

nracing

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2015
last night first phone drop with the XT, all i can say. the XT its just crap a very little drop and the case got an ugly mark as you can see. back to the ringke slim just a waiste of money.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 544

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Finally got a Veil XT for my iPhone 6 Plus and wanted to share a few thoughts. I originally had a Veil but broke broke my phone several weeks ago and the case took some nasty damage. Would've immediately gotten another but I saw guys like JNGold posting pictures of the upcoming Veil XT so I held off. Glad I did as my biggest complaint had been having the bottom completely open and Caudabe did a great job.

PROS:
My cutouts are perfect and everything snapped right into place without any issue. The case thickness appears to sit at the exact same height as the mute, volume and power buttons and makes them insanely easy to press. I should note I have a Benks Unique Pro .20mm Full Front Gorilla Glass installed and with the Veil XT swiping in from the sides, top and bottom feels perfect. There is no noticeable gap or ledge like so many other combinations I've tried. The camera bumper does it's job wonderfully and isn't any more annoying than having a camera bulge to begin with, at least now it is protected a bit. Lastly I have to give a nod to the Customer Service at Caudabe. Emailed the team about a week before this came out and got a response almost instantly in which they told me to hold off a little longer. Enough can't be said about a company doing little things like that. It was much appreciated and proves why a case like this is worth far more than some $1 knockoff.

CONS
There is only one issue I have to bring up. Although I believe the Wisp coloring is without a doubt my favorite look I wish there was a little bit more grip to the material. I don't know anything about how to achieve that or if it would affect the overall look, but it would just put this case over the top in terms of best ever for any generation iPhone.

WRAPUP
For someone looking for their iPhone to feel naked and unobstructed then this is 100% the best thing on the market, just don't kid yourself into thinking it would give you any additional drop protection.

Nice job with the review. How long have you had the Benks screen protector? I assume by "full front" you mean it covers even the curved edges? Has it been lifting at all? I've heard the full coverage glass screen protectors won't adhere properly after some time and have been hesitant to pull the trigger.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
last night first phone drop with the XT, all i can say. the XT its just crap a very little drop and the case got an ugly mark as you can see. back to the ringke slim just a waiste of money.

Did the phone have any damage?

nracing

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2015
Did the phone have any damage?

yes very little damage, but it doesnt matter since im using apple warranty sometime this year and they probably gave me a new one, but the point is that the veil its just look 0 protection.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
Agreed. I've got a Tech Armor glass screen protector and the Veil XT on the back. Looks and feels phenomenal. Tech Armor and Caudabe are probably two of my favorite brands. Not a coincidence that they've both got outstanding warranties and service as well. I'm thinking about trying out Tech Armor's newest version of the glass screen protector that supposedly goes edge to edge on the glass.

Does the Tech Armor kill the Zagg glass? Zagg is too expensive for what you get.

junebug1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
NE Ohio
Nice job with the review. How long have you had the Benks screen protector? I assume by "full front" you mean it covers even the curved edges? Has it been lifting at all? I've heard the full coverage glass screen protectors won't adhere properly after some time and have been hesitant to pull the trigger.

I've had the Benks for a few weeks and posted a review of it HERE #646 - It comes essentially edge to edge but I can't say its 100% coverage. I had no lifting whatsoever prior to installing the Caudabe and now that the two are on together I feel even more confident that there won't be any lifting issues going forward. The glass/case combo works perfectly. I will definitely report back should any issues come up.

Reactions: docprego

XRichard23

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2015
Received mine today, I love it. Its really paper thin and feels like nothing, doesn't feel like $24 but man it looks sharp.

Edit: well after a few hours of use there's one huge drawback. My wedding ring leaves scratches on it at the slightest touch. I feel my ring slide across the back and cringe because i know it left a faint scratch. Photos included I don't know of the scratches will show. Oh well, lesson learned.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,552
Last edited:

drigo

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2008
I received both colors a few days ago. The shipping was true 2-3 days. The Wisp Veil XT was damaged around the headphone jack and have already received a RMA for it. I decided to keep the Clear Veil XT. This is definitely the thinnest case I've ever had. I love using skins on my phone, but they're pretty much a one time use. This serves the same purpose with a little more coverage. The quality is not the greatest and could probably be marked down to $12, but that should be expected for such a thin case. The only gripe I have about the case is the material around the volume buttons is slightly loose. I do like it enough to keep it in my collection though.

I have the same damage around the headphone jack..I've emailed them 2 times but never got a response..I love the case but their customer service sux

a.guillermo

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2015
Really? You need a knockoff of something that only costs between $10 and $15? Good god. :confused:

Hey, why pay full price when you can pay less? You can get campbell's soup for $1 a can, or the value brand for $0.60. I'd almost always go value brand (I love sodium) (Jk)

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Does the Tech Armor kill the Zagg glass? Zagg is too expensive for what you get.

I've never used the Zagg, but then again I would never pay what they're asking for a piece of glass. It's just insane. The Tech Armor is great for $10 on Amazon with Prime Shipping. I "cashed in" on their lifetime warranty a couple of times too. Good stuff.

----------

I'll bet a wedding ring can scratch an Apple Leather case at $50.00 just as well.

It can and it did, speaking from personal experience. Used long enough, the Apple leather case will get scratched up quite a bit and start wearing in the corners.

----------

I have the same damage around the headphone jack..I've emailed them 2 times but never got a response..I love the case but their customer service sux

That's weird - I've had nothing but awesome service from them in the past couple of years of dealing with them. Also "cashed in" on their warranty a few times, too.

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA

How could you expect a case like this to have drop protection? If you want drop protection this is in fact a waste of money, it is barely thicker than a skin. But you should have known that before you ordered...

drigo

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2008
That's weird - I've had nothing but awesome service from them in the past couple of years of dealing with them. Also "cashed in" on their warranty a few times, too.
yeah,i'm not sure why they haven't replied..i tried again but still,no reply..pretty disappointing,especially after everyone here is saying they have great customer service

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.