Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you think of a move by Apple to go with all built-in iSights?

• Good move. I've been wanting built-in iSights in the Apple Displays

Votes: 150 33.6%
  • Bad move... the external version had its uses

Votes: 146 32.7%
  • Whatever... I'll just get another brand's webcam

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Already have an iSight (built-in or external)

Votes: 139 31.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
I would rather Apple bring a fresh iSight out, and have the iSights stay external in the pro displays.

I just really, really, really, really, really hope they get updated. I needed to buy this year, but I'm holding out for another three weeks. So I'm going to feel like quite an ass if there aren't new displays at MWSF.

Cloudane

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Sweet Apple Acres
So if you want a decent quality display, BUY NOW

If Apple's standard of displays these days is anything to go by (e.g. the Alu iMac, the problems with the iPod Touch and new iPhones etc) this will be a downgrade fraught with problems.

People will cheer that they're now half the price, but wonder why they're half the quality.

Edit: I didn't realise this was last year's thread or whatever. Still, I suggest if anyone does want a decent Apple-branded display they get one sooner rather than later. Apple have been making everything cheap lately to appeal to Joe Public, which is all well and good but it does mean kissing goodbye to top notch quality.

MUrhino

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2003
LED Displays?

C'mon....if Apple's going to roll out new Displays, the biggest improvement I see (aside from a drastic price drop :rolleyes: ) would be making them LED backlit. Anyone else wanting these bad boys?

Roy

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2006
C'mon....if Apple's going to roll out new Displays, the biggest improvement I see (aside from a drastic price drop :rolleyes: ) would be making them LED backlit. Anyone else wanting these bad boys?

And how much of a price jump would you expect to see on the LED as opposed to the current pricing on the ACD(s)?

MUrhino

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2003
And how much of a price jump would you expect to see on the LED as opposed to the current pricing on the ACD(s)?

Um...none. This current lineup has been out for quite a while. Older technology is constantly being updated and Apple's prices for their other products more often than not, remain the same (if not slightly discounted) as these speed bumps and new processors hit the shelves. They're already in some of their laptop displays, it's just the next logical step.

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
My biggest wish is for Apple to integrate HDMI inputs into the new ACDs. I've wanted to plug my XBox 360 into an ACD for quite some time. Maybe they will offer a black aluminum version as well?

ivan1234

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2007
if the new displays are decent looking, glossy, and have hdmi inputs I will be buying one in 24'' :D

Matiek

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2007
How can a built in Isight drive the cost up $100 dollars?

It's damn near impossible now-a-days to buy a cheap phone that doesn't have a camera. Most of the free phones that wireless companies provide have a camera. If there is any meat to this rumor I'm sure that the Isight on the new ACD won't cost anything more. Apple has been upgrading their products for the past two years without raising the price on them. I'm sure we'll see the same trend on the ACD.

Not too mention the fact that the price on the ACD has been consistently dropping. Everyone knows the ACD is overpriced. Just about everyone on this thread has said the same thing. If anything I'm sure we'll see another price drop. That's the only way that the displays are going to become competitive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.