New Dummy Video Compares iPhone 7s Plus to iPhone 8 and iPhone 7 Plus

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 9, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

With the upcoming OLED "iPhone 8" bringing major design and functionality changes, its two LCD companion devices, the 4.7-inch iPhone 7s and the 5.5-inch iPhone 7s Plus haven't received much attention, despite the fact that these two iPhones are also going to see some design tweaks.

YouTuber Danny Winget today shared a new video that focuses on the iPhone 7s Plus, comparing an iPhone 7s Plus dummy model to an iPhone 8 dummy model and an existing iPhone 7 Plus.

The iPhone 7s Plus features the same silver glass backing that we've seen used in iPhone 8 dummy models, and these colors are in line with information sourced from KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who says Apple is planning to release all three devices in just three colors - silver, gold, and black. The device also includes a shiny metal frame connecting the two glass halves.

It's believed that all of the iPhones coming in 2017 use a glass casing to enable an inductive charging feature that will let them charge wirelessly, much like many current Android phones.

Aside from the glass body, the iPhone 7s Plus looks quite similar to the current iPhone 7 Plus, with the same horizontal dual-lens rear camera, ports, buttons, thick front bezels, and Touch ID Home button. Antenna lines are less noticeable, however.

While the iPhone 8 does not have a Home button and is rumored to have a facial recognition authentication instead of Touch ID, the iPhone 7s Plus and the iPhone 7s will retain standard Home buttons and Touch ID functionality.

Size wise, the iPhone 7s Plus is the same size as the iPhone 7 Plus, but it's much larger than the iPhone 8. The iPhone 8 has a display that's around the size of the iPhone 7 Plus display, but because it does away with all of the thick bezels, its body is closer in size to the iPhone 7.

All of the dummy models that are circulating are based on factory specifications, CAD drawings, and other leaks, and appear to accurately reflect what we're expecting to see when the three devices launch this fall. Dummy models are never a sure thing, but case makers often use them to design and create cases ahead of a new iPhone's launch, so a good amount of money goes into making sure the design is accurate.

Based on the rumors, part leaks, and design leaks we've seen, these dummy models offer a solid look at what to expect from Apple's 2017 iPhone lineup.

Article Link: New Dummy Video Compares iPhone 7s Plus to iPhone 8 and iPhone 7 Plus

2. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

The front of the Copper Gold iPhone will likely be black not white
    Like this :-

F88A4B39-73C7-45C0-9DB2-2F12E0A4607B.jpeg

3. Appleaker macrumors 68000

It's good that Danny showed off all the colors, unlike some other YouTubers. I only sell the black dummy models due to the black front, I don't think anyone likes the white front.

4. canadianreader macrumors 6502

canadianreader

5. Nozuka macrumors 68000

i wouldn't be so sure... apple seems to choose the white front, even when the black one would look alot better. (like the RED iphone....)

6. Fassteddie macrumors newbie

Fassteddie

I think the touch crawling on the floor should have been edited out of the clip @ 26 to 32 seconds, along the blurred edge of the table that is right up against the left side of the phone.

7. aking83 macrumors member

aking83

Wow, we are so close to the new device! I'd go for the 8!!

8. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Atleast Black notch will blend in with display better, So we don't see that cutout from Display.
    Even with white model it will look like this.

FD335EE1-787A-49D6-90BB-AFBA2CAF582B.png

9. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Great my 6 plus needs replacing and these phones are going to be hard as hell to nab on launch lol

10. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I think the white iPhone would look better if the notch part were black. Then the black part would still blend in with the OLED and it would look just like other iPhones with a (smaller) white bezel around the screen.

11. scrapesleon macrumors member

scrapesleon

the iPhone Pro sure going to replace my nikon

12. itsmilo macrumors 65816

itsmilo

I could never get one with a white front looking like that. Way too distracting. It obviously blends in better on a black front

13. Porco macrumors 68030

Porco

*strokes iPhone SE* Yeah, you're not going anywhere anytime soon Essy, don't worry.

14. berrymetal macrumors member

berrymetal

The iPhone 8 will not have white front bezels.

15. Thunderhawks Suspended

Yes, one would have to be a dummy to compare 7s with 8.

Different phones.

16. swm macrumors regular

17. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

That's pretty, but now that I've seen this version and the white one, I have to say I like them both, after all. I thought I would prefer the black fascia, but I don't. I can't wait to see the real phones and preferably in person.

However I think I'm liking all the previewed dummy colors equally at this point. And I like the white and black fascias equally. Yay, that will make preordering easier if I don't have my heart set on any particular look.

18. ColdShadow macrumors 6502a

ColdShadow

If these are true,then who will buy 7s and 7s Plus?
    They pretty much look identical to 7 and 7 Plus..

19. wingsabre macrumors regular

I really do hope that the 8 has touchID retained. Skeptical of facial recognition, especially since other facial recognition programs have been spotty.

20. ediks macrumors member

looking forward the 7s to replace my old but still good 5s

21. CausticSoda macrumors 6502

CausticSoda

Is it just me, or did others have to read the title several times to work out which phones it is talking about? 7 plus / 7 / 7 s plus whatever etc... What a messy, confusing lineup in terms of how they are named / numbered. A mess!

22. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Jeez you have good eyes! My husband is like that. We will be watching action adventure movies with things blowing up left and right and he will go back and freeze the action because he saw a spider crawling on a wall in a couple of frames. :rolleyes:

23. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

They'll become the mid-tier range. Late adopters, people on a budget, parents buying for kids. Plenty of markets for them, businesses that supply employees phones. Not everyone needs or wants the latest and greatest. Those of us here are not market indicators.

24. bodonnell202 macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

Hopefully the actual finish materials are a lot nicer than what is in the dummy units. The shiny "metal" sides on the white/silver phone looks really cheap to me. Also, white notch on the "8" is ugly, hopefully this will be blended in better (i.e. black and basically disappear) on the actual shipping model.

25. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

Personally they should have went for a camera design change, that bump looks even worse when turned the other way, assuming that's how it will be officially.