New iMacs and Magic Trackpad Coming Today

zub3qin

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
That battery charger looks pretty boring, strange Apple would branch off into such a lackluster area.

Also, does this mean no new Mac Pros??? Christ that's bad if true.
Last time they did something like this, they created bumpers for iPhones.
Let the conspiracy theories begin.....

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009

apple is going the best buy route. they need to sell accessories at 1000x markup to keep the earnings growing

I'm actually quite impresed by that. The 5750 is a pretty good graphics card, and it's better than I was expecting from Apple.

Wait... the standard is a 4650? That's more like the Apple I know! :D
This is just like when Apple introduced the HD 4650 as the "powerful" gpu option...which was an outdated POS already by the time they first introduced it. Whats lame is, they prey upon peoples ignorance that all you need it a FAST CPU. yeeha! Well, at 2k, AND since they had the opportunity to replace with a new GPU...they could have really done something special. But no, they just used another 18month old GPU again. Im not a gaming pc fanboy who asks, why didnt they put a 5970 in? Duh, they have space and power considerations...but this has nothing to do with that. Pure laziness.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
if I read the Intel CPU chart right, Apple is using Ultra low voltage CPU's in the new iMac's which are more expensive than what Dell and HP normally use

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Well if Apple can build a "smart" charger based on atleast some of the technologies seen in the La Crosse/Maha chargers then it can be a good thing for the average joe who just wants some good runtime on their batteries but don't want to deal with such high end chargers. No reason for them to rush out and buy batteries that end up getting killed due to overcharging (assuming apple's charger properly handles this).

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
CHYAKA!

It came true. Amazing. Generally those types of rumors face plant and delay. I was sure this one would too, and it happened. Well, nice to see. The iCores in the iMacs is great. About time the whole line dropped Core2Duo.

That trackpad does nothing for me. Perhaps if I used it and found it amazing, but it seems like clutter. When they implant it on a keyboard in place of the number pad, I'll probably buy.