MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
New iMacs Next Week?

https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Geeksugar (via Gizmodo) claims that the long awaited iMac refresh is due next week.
The new and improved iMacs are said to be at the same price point as the current models and will probably receive a speed bump as well as a hard-drive increase.
GeekSugar correctly predicted MacBook and MacBook Pros in the final hours leading into the last update, which turned out to be accurate. Rumors of both iMac and Mac mini updates have been persistent for weeks. At a minimum, the iMac is expected to adopt the most recent Penryn processors. The iMac was last updated in August, 2007.

Article Link

Comment

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Nooo! Is my ability to brag about how I have the newest iMac model about to come to an end!? Are they going to make my iMac look like crap!?

Comment

munson

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2008
Boston, MA
Are they going to "fix" the screen dilemma, do you think? I mean, I am one of the people who got "ripped off" by the less-than-millions of colors (it doesn't bother me too much), and I was curious if they might change it around any...

Comment

Tsurisuto

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2007
Okay, now this is interesting... Why would Apple update the iMacs now when the Montevina chipset is just 5 weeks away from being released?

Have Intel given them dibs on the new technology? Or is Apple not planing on switching to Montevina until the autumn?

Comment

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
the current iMac (as well as the previous gen white iMac) is a perfectly good computer...don't feel the need to upgrade lol. most likely will be a spec bump. What else can they do to the thing? definitely not a redesign.

Comment

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
That's great. Anyone waiting since Jan or Feb should have bought already.

Comment

Tsurisuto

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2007
the current iMac (as well as the previous gen white iMac) is a perfectly good computer...don't feel the need to upgrade lol. most likely will be a spec bump. What else can they do to the thing? definitely not a redesign.

I'm just waiting to see what graphics card options Apple offer for the top-of-the-range iMac?

Comment

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
My brother sold his mac mini in hopes that a new imac would be coming out soon... glad i can tell him that there will be a new one soon.

Comment

sockdoggy

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2002
Brooklyn
Displays

I hope they stop using cheap displays. I went back to a white 2.16GHz C2D because the new ones are horrible.

Comment

!¡ V ¡!

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
Hopefully either one or more happens in this update:

1. Option for Glossy or Matte screen; and (or)
2. Standard or Option for a better Video Card; maybe
3. A 30" iMac.

Not a big fan of the Al/Black combo prefer an Al/White or Silver tone. Nõ real reason for me to upgrade just yet. This 24" White iMac fits the bill quite right. :D

Comment

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
Okay, now this is interesting... Why would Apple update the iMacs now when the Montevina chipset is just 5 weeks away from being released?

Have Intel given them dibs on the new technology? Or is Apple not planing on switching to Montevina until the autumn?

That's what I was thinking. Montevina is pretty close to release so if these are just ordinary Penryn iMacs, they will have "outdated" tech pretty quickly.

I also think that instead of HDD increases, a slight price drop of say $50 would be more welcome seeing as they are pretty capacious already. 2 GB of RAM standard would be nice too.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.