New iMacs on Tuesday?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 6, 2007.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

so im assuming there will be no video provided from Apple because this is just more of a press thing then like the WWDC and such right?

2. Zwhaler macrumors 604

Zwhaler

I'm excited!! I love my iMac, but I can't wait to see what the new ones are like. Perhaps we will get a MacTower as well!

3. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Great news, although I'm hoping it won't be just the iMacs that see an update.

4. ksz macrumors 68000

Engadget will be reporting live here.

5. bobobo macrumors member

As a logical notion, this does not mean, there will be no budget iMac.

Good and budget don't mix very well in the computer industry, yet.

6. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

There isn't going to be a dead mini.It will morph.

7. benspratling macrumors 6502

you and me both, I should have sold my cube years ago when it would have bought me more...

8. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

9. matthewHUB macrumors 6502

how come MR didn't get invited and other sites did???

10. Truesilver macrumors newbie

A good website for sorting out timezones etc, is:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

It has lots of great features for converting timezones, seeing what time it is where, etc...

11. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

6pm

12. Toe macrumors 65816

Toe

13. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Press like Newspapers and News channels not blogs. Blogs aren't seen as important as news channels and newspapers.

14. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

*cross fingers*

/me is hoping for an unexpected announcement of a small MBP. ;)

15. NEENAHBOY macrumors 6502

Not yet, anyway.

16. LagunaSol macrumors 601

LagunaSol

Agreed. While equivalent PCs quickly plummet in price and increase in performance, the Macs stay stagnant longer and see little or no price reductions. Witness the tired-out Radeon X1600 that's been in the 20" Intel iMac since its introduction 18 months ago. Sad.

I pay a premium for my Macs and I do so happily, but I'd love to see Apple take a more aggressive stance on pricing and frequent performance boosts. With all that cash in the bank, it's time to go for more market share.

17. bananas macrumors 6502

bananas

I think Apple has to replace Mac Mini with something if they discontinue it.
    Something priced between $700 and $900. How could they not sell any machines cheaper than MacBook? So I really don't care if Mini gets discontinued, as long as there's something cheaper than $1000 laptop or $1200 desktop available.

18. bobobo macrumors member

Secret exclusive rights bidding.

Apple news is hot stuff. Generates millions of dollars in ad revenue.

19. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

If they kill the mini and drop the 17"/$999 iMac they have to replace it with something else in the sub $1000 market. $1000 pushes most peoples budgets for a computer, and starting OVER that isn't ideal.

I think the iMac AND the mini will get complete revamps. The iMac will be very dramatic, it's what we all expect. The mini will be a 'one more thing', and be more an evolution of the current mini than a "revolution" like the iMac will be.

I think they'll use the AppleTV as the base, make it 2x as tall, and stick with slower CPUs (compared to the new iMac), slower GPU (X3000, most likely) but otherwise be like an iMac (3.5" HDD, etc). The iMac will go aluminum and the mini will be white plastic like the current iMac and AirPort Extreme look.

20. pcorajr macrumors 6502

Wow that is great news. I already got my Check Card ready for tomorrow. Wonder what this "Ultra" model is? Maybe a 24" iMac with a nice video card and 2gb of ram?

Cant wait!!!:D

21. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Great I can visualize Apple legal calling arn at 3am telling him to remove Apple confidential info then inviting him to an Apple product event.

Get real..

As long as MR posts stuff like the iPod video a couple of weeks ago it will never be invited to a Stevenote.

Nothing personal arn..I love MacRumors.But since it's MacRUMORS this will never happen.

22. AutumnSkyline macrumors regular

AutumnSkyline

I think it would be cool if it were clear ;) and what would be even cooler is if it used the "chameleon" patent they filed a while ago.

Hey, we can dream, can't we?

23. ariel macrumors regular

Ditto - $ burning a hole in my pocket... will be disappointed if they aren't available immediately! I plan to buy more than 2gb ram tho - i've been using 1.5 and Aperture needs more than 2gb me thinks.

24. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Very nice pricing before my education discount but I want something upgradeable. :(

25. mongoos150 macrumors 6502a

mongoos150

Cheaper prices! That means $1699 for the ultimate w/education discount! W00T!