New iMacs on Tuesday?

AlexisV

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2007
Manchester, UK
Ok, the current 20" iMac costs $1199 and comes with a 2.0Ghz Core 2, 250Gb HD, 1Gb of RAM and a Radeon 128mb.

If the iMac costs more than $1199 and doesn't come with at least a 2.2Ghz Core 2, 1Gb RAM, 250Gb and a 256Mb GeForce 8600 then it is poor value.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I don't think that the entire 2 hour conference will be about iMacs and .Mac. I think that we will get another product in our hands (perhaps an ultraportable or a tower)

ariel

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2003
r.yuwie.com
I don't think that the entire 2 hour conference will be about iMacs and .Mac. I think that we will get another product in our hands (perhaps an ultraportable or a tower)
I may have missed it... who said it was 2 hours? the keynotes are only 1.5

Southern

macrumors regular
May 15, 2007
London, UK
These are still very competitive prices for a Mac, I just hope us UK users won't get too shafted on the exchange rate. However, I do believe that the price drop that Apple gave on the laptop range because of the differences in currency prices earlier in the year indicates that the UK prices won't be too bad.

I was thinking about what they could do to upgrade the iMac, short of putting a quad core machine together or an upgrade to the chip architechture, especially seeing as this iMac will be the first major redesign in a couple of years. So it may be likely that the new iMac has a touchable screen - something to match a similiar offering from HP as well as to fit with their touch-screen iPhones.

Personally I am most looking forward to the new design. I have gotten quite fond of the G5/Intel iMac because of the slim profile and cute look (sure, the chin is annoying, but hey). How can you make a Mac like that better? Perhaps in the style of the new keyboard that was apparently leaked last month. Never mind, I will always be happy with something strikingly new in Apple's product line.

Roll on 6pm!

kbrain2929

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
The Ville', KY
(Picturing Steve walking on stage...)
"Good morning! Thanks for coming! Well... we've brought you all here to discuss one thing... Mac Software! You know... there is tons of new software out there, and.... " (Pictures everyone walking out!) :D

mambodancer

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2004
Denver
www.machelp4me.com
Mini

What about neither? If it's not updated tomorrow, then it seems likely to be discountinued. But why would they pull it from stores right away?
I don't know where the rumor that the mini will be discontinued comes from. It continues to be one of the top selling Macs in the retail channel according to Microcenter and Compusa.

Can anyone cite a source for that rumor? I can certainly believe that the product line will be updated but not discontinued. If it is, it'll be discontinued in the same sense the eMac was discontinued and replaced by the Mac Mini.

longofest

Editor emeritus
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA
www.longofest.net
I will always be puzzled why Apple doesn't choose to invite MacRumors to these events. Perhaps it is because we cover news AND rumors, but at the same time, they invite sites like Engadget who post just as many rumors (and are perhaps a little less keen with their ability to detect fakes).

Either way, sometimes I wish Apple would play ball with us a little nicer, all-considering.

Wie Gehts

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2007
This will have nothing to do with products. Jobs is holding a press conference to announce that he is stepping down as ceo and will be leaving his wife and kids for another woman.