Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
It's an ugly phone regardless of color.

UGLY??

... what phone do you use then? I'll admit it isn't as nicely formed as the original, but it isn't "ugly". Sadly it is a little more clunky, but I'd rather have function than form, to a certain extent.

jsdc2005

macrumors member
May 13, 2009
Why is Steve Jobs not off at this very moment using valuable law enforcement resources to execute searches and indict people? :rolleyes:

tac22

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
You must have missed the rumors of a white iPhone having a white front too.

And the sim card tray has been removed.

no i saw that rumor, just i don't get why they didn't take a picture of the front???

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
*edit* also look at the sim card slot why isn't it flush like the gizmodo one???
Maybe because they come from different generations of hardware?

Apple apparently has five major generations: proto, DVT, EVT, PVT/ramp, and steady state production.

There are probably multiple designs until the very end, so the fact that this alleged prototype doesn't match up 100% with another alleged prototype is meaningless.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Apple needs to quit these leaks. It's not fun anymore. Were I not the Apple purchase advisor for everyone I know; I would vist this site anymore.
Still white is looking nice. I'm normally black but I am undecisive now.

fjfjfjfj

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
New York, NY
I'm not the complain-y type.

I'd rather wait a few extra days than return something. Personal preference [mental disorder].

Hahahaha! You're probably the normal one, I have NO patience when it comes to new releases. Now that's a mental disorder; not being able to wait one day longer for a device you had no use for until it was invented.

aardwolf

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2007
Definitely ugly

That thing looks like crap. Why did they decide to go with Ivory taken from a Real Unicorn instead of regular white?

rikscha

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2010
London
the sim card slot looks different because we are only looking at the case. there is no iphone inside. check out the website to see more pictures of the white version.

also i start wondering if all these suicides at foxconn are really suicides.. ;)

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
These leaks are ridiculous. Apple needs to assemble prototypes in house. There is a freaking leak at Foxconn.

I don't think this a prototype. If they are shipping in the week or two they are in production...

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
I don't think this a prototype. If they are shipping in the week or two they are in production...
The point is that no one knows how old these photos are and what the device in the picture is. I could have taken a picture of a Stradivarius violin yesterday, but that doesn't make it a recently manufactured item.

Besides, a steady state production unit wouldn't have stickers on the back, nor would the model number and FCC ID be 'xxx'-ed out. Logically, this is a prototype of some sort. Which generation (proto, DVT, EVT, PVT/ramp) we don't know.

spazzcat

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2007
Apple needs to quit these leaks. It's not fun anymore. Were I not the Apple purchase advisor for everyone I know; I would vist this site anymore.
Still white is looking nice. I'm normally black but I am undecisive now.

I agree on the white part. It maybe a game day decision on which one I get...

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
Is anyone seriously affected by the design or shape of their next phone? If you don't like it, don't buy it. Isn't that the usual answer to iPad detractors? I mean, what's the difference?

mingoglia

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2009
I wish Apple and other companies would give an option to buy products made in the US. Have a side by side assembly line and charge more money for the American made products. I would gladly pay considerably more for a product made here in the states. I would hope a test like this would show that others would as well and would ultimately lead to phasing out the overseas assembly. Hey it may be a pipe dream... but I wish it was this easy.

Mike

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
Given the number of leaks and people getting their hands on components for weeks now, it's clear that production has been underway.

It appears to me that the new iPhone will be available soon after the keynote. Perhaps next Friday. Heck, Apple may have it ready for purchase on Monday. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.