New info on the jailbreak from chronic dev team

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rick snagwell, Nov 27, 2011.

1. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

yeah! they just made a software to get the crash reports on the fone instead of apple!! so this means jailbreak is not near:)

2. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

yup...i intstalled their software asap...any help is good!

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Well something hopeful :

"Many thanks in advance for your prompt response & help in this effort, your continued support of GreenPois0n & the Chronic Dev team, and your patience while we continue our never-ending, diligent work on your (free!! coming soon!) untethered jailbreak for iOS5 and/or iPhone 4S."

4. dj9928 macrumors member

5. agentmikeyd macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.5.1.23995/26.1192; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

Apple beat them.

6. TC25 macrumors 68020

Except they took a dozen paragraphs to say it.

7. dj9928 macrumors member

Sad but true. I suppose iOS 5 does nearly all I need anyway, would like to be able to unlock in the future when I change carrier though

8. TC25 macrumors 68020

It has been obvious for months, the likelihood of there being a new software unlock is fast approaching 0.

9. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

It has been for a while. The base band is probably pretty bug free by now.. it's not like a lot of new code is added to it with each release like there is in new iOS versions to find exploits in. Coupled with the fact that 3/4 major US carriers have iPhone's now with the 4th potentially being bought out, and the need for an unlock is also starting to diminish.

As for a jailbreak, there haven't really been any positive signs for a good time so I'm not sure why people are really surprised.

10. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

11. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

The need for an unlock hasn't changed at all with regards for those who travel outside of the U.S. You still need an unlock to use a foreign SIM. Unless of course you enjoy paying outrageous roaming fees.

12. chevy57 macrumors regular

No word about updated jailbreakme 4.0 (untethered) for all iOS 5 devices.:(
    Till next year?

13. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

verizon and sprint will unlock your phone for you to use when roaming, att ironically won't.

14. Synergie macrumors 6502a

Next Year is only just over a month away you know!

Anyway it sounds to me like it will be even longer.... I am debating selling my 4s and possibly trying something else out. iPhone just isn't doing it for me without a jailbreak. What's the point of having a phone that I don't use because most of the functionality I had come to appreciate on it, is now out of reach!
    I am really missing Lock Info. Android and widgets on the home screen are starting to look good....

15. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

It truly sucks there isn't yet a JB available for us yet...but you guys have to admit the new program they developed is genius!

----------

I do however wish we knew if it was a JB for 5.0 or 5.0.1...I'd like to upgrade my firmware, but won't just in case.

16. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

wouldn't be too upset about lockinfo at this point. It's only in beta for iOS 5, and it's pretty buggy. Email previews don't work, phone resprings half the time when you delete an e-mail, bitesms starts getting buggy and sometimes won't let you clear a message, half the time I can't even clear the section of lockinfo that pops up because no x's appear, the other half stock apple popups appear on the lockscreen in front of LI, and screw up all of the formatting until you unlock the phone.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE lockinfo, I actually wish I could go back to 4.3.3 because I enjoyed using lockinfo's info shade way more than apples NC. Just saying, at this point, you're really missing nothing because it's terribly buggy in beta.

17. nfl46 macrumors 603

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Wow, Apple is on it with iOS 5.

I wonder how much money some jailbreak devs are losing since a lot of people upgraded to ios 5 and/or iPhone 4S and there's no jailbreak available yet.

18. labman macrumors 604

labman

Anybody else wanna guess why Apple wanted Comex. ;) it just logical though they are going to make it tougher and tougher. They have since day one. One way or another it will end. However i'm sick of people whining about the work the Dev-team and the like do. You have no clue what it takes to find a exploit and develop software to get into a secure OS. Also why I still have my I4 and holding of on getting one.

19. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Ironic that one of my major attractions to Apple is its because of a stable and secure OS ecosystem. And it bites me in the a** when I want creativity and functionality beyond the *approved feature set.

Well truth is I'm tethered iOS5 on an iP4 so life could be worse..;):p

20. Synergie macrumors 6502a

I just don't get if Apple is SO all for stopping jail breaking, then why don't they implement some of the things people jailbreak for? Or at least allow the apps in the app store? Things like SBSettings, Lock Info, 3g Unrestrictor (or just remove the stupid 20 MB limit altogether and let US decide how we use our data plans!), and iBlacklist (seriously... why is this NOT an option when other OSs have had the ability to selectively block numbers for ages!). I can live without MOST of the above, but I NEED Lock Info... or something similar. Notification Centre does NOT cut it since calendar entries and weather won't work, and besides, the entries all get deleted as soon as you unlock the phone... if they hired David Ashman to make Lock Info the notification centre... then I probably wouldn't jailbreak anymore. But now as it is, Apple is close to losing a customer to another platform (me). I NEED my phone to be a viable organizer!

21. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

used to love comex, now we hate him.

22. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

Like I said, idk why you're so upset about lockinfo. It's not even compatible with iOS 5 at this time, and the beta is *VERY* buggy. Even if you could jailbreak your 4S, lockinfo is not very useful right now.

And if you knew you wanted the jailbreak so bad, why would you buy the phone at launch? It takes time to make the jailbreak, expecting one overnight is completely unrealistic.

23. labman macrumors 604

labman

Well I sort of agree. I can understand him wanting to go on bigger and better things. of course I prefer he didn't. I'm also sure Apple wanted him much like the police like someone that can get in a serial killers head.

I defiantly also agree that Apple should have used David Ashmen and the work he already did. it's pretty obvious that the best jailbreak stuff eventually gets brought to Apple one way or another. I wish they would hire or pay the best JB devs to get there Ideas David Ashmen, Chpwn they did hire Peter Hajas from the jb community to work on notifications. So maybe there is hope that one day Apple will wise up.. Ok that's nuts! I admit it.

24. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

id still rather jb, sorta like beating the man.