New iPad build quality poor in my opinion.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bkitchen0406, Mar 18, 2012.

1. bkitchen0406 macrumors member

I love the product, don't get me wrong, but the way the put in the screens is under par in my opinion. I ordered my wife's iPad and mine separately. My wife's had debris under the screen and had to be returned. You can see white light coming through one side if u tilt the screen on her new one. Mine has some blend out but not bad. When I look at my co workers iPad they all have bleed out in different places. These have to be built by hand or a machine was programmed to do a really **** job. We are at the point where pixels are to small to see dead ones, but now we can't glue in the screens right. This is really funny. Still my favorite computer related product I ever bought.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

3. Jessemtz25 macrumors regular

Jessemtz25

4. bkitchen0406 thread starter macrumors member

Are u checking it out in a dark room with the brightness turned up, black screen and tilting your iPad at different angles?

5. oli356 macrumors 6502

The way everybody uses their iPads..

6. Jessemtz25 macrumors regular

Jessemtz25

I am, trust me I'm very anal about my iPad. I checked all the advice on how to check for defects.

7. aka777 macrumors 6502a

I think people are grasping for straws with regards to this apparent screen build issue.

I found myself doing the same thing with my 2 new iPads. I went into a dark room and checked for light bleed etc etc.

Then I thought to myself, what the hell am I doing. At the end of the day, does a bit of light affect my overall usage? Not the slightest.

8. bkitchen0406 thread starter macrumors member

9. Haziza macrumors member

Haziza

All LCD have backlight bleeding just live with it.

10. sandylp macrumors regular

sandylp

I got one at Best Buy and anticipated having to return it as I did my iPad 2. After inspecting it carefully and in a dark room with black wallpaper, I couldn't find anything wrong with it. I also used white wallpaper and looked for dust, dead pixels etc, but couldn't see anything wrong. I don't think everyone knows what to look for, and are oblivious.

11. matttye macrumors 601

It's pathetic that you would even try that, never mind that it actually bothers you.

12. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

LOL.

Just out of curiosity, I went into a walkin closet and in the dark, did not see any bleeding at normal brightness levels. I didn't try max brightness because I never use it that way and I saw no bleeding.

13. Macclone macrumors 6502

Mine is perfect. Maybe you got the android tablet by mistake.

14. bkitchen0406 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone, yes I am over picky, I guess it's because I am an artist/craftsman and pick out errors in what I build my self.

15. Jessemtz25 macrumors regular

Jessemtz25

There are good iPad out there. But not all will be perfect so early on.

16. erawsd macrumors 6502

My iPad 2 has backlight bleed that I never noticed for the first 6 months of owning it. It wasn't until I started frequenting this forum and read the threads about it that I noticed.

17. taedouni macrumors 65816

Go pick up another tablet to check its quality then come back and talk.

18. matttye macrumors 601

He's talking about the iPad, not other tablets, so other tablets are irrelevant.

19. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

20. Macclone macrumors 6502

Maybe you need to focus on your work being perfect first.

21. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I am not sure if my screen is perfect or not as I have not crawled in the closet and turn the brightness to 100%. Maybe if I need to iron my shirt I will do so, as one person on this forum swears his iPad gets hot enough to use as a iron;)

If it were not for these forums many more would be happy but these places can make people so anal they must smell it!

22. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Really?

Mine didn't make me breakfast this morning either.

Just enjoy your iPad.

23. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

There is no way to do the QC you want on the number of units produced find keep the price the same. To do the kind of QC checking that some people expect would greatly slow production and increase costs. Apple is a company looking to maximize profits. It is cheaper to switch it out for another unit for those that have issues then check every unit that is produced for every possible defect.

24. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Because this is how everyone uses their iPads :rolleyes:

Seriously, in real world tests there aren't that many issues. When you go and look for problems your likelihood of finding one will greatly increase. Stop trying to find issues and just enjoy the darn thing...

25. jm5309 macrumors regular

That's odd because I was just telling my husband that the new iPad feels so solid, just like the first one did. My iPad 2 is the one that seemed thrown together. There were a couple of little rough bumps around the glass, there was a spot where the aluminum and glass separated, and you could actually push the screen in a couple of places and feel it move. The actual display was fine, though, as is the new one.