New iPad Models Spotted in Device Logs

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

My point was more that I doubt Apple gives a crap what people on MR say or do. Seriously. Every song person complaining about the Mac could all leave and they'd likely still sell 5m Macs a quarter. MR isn't statistically significant.

2. ValO, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017

ValO macrumors 6502a

With a touch bar/function area, it will be quite interesting, since the 10.5 inch won' t have a 4:3 aspect ratio display. It will be more like a 5:3 aspect ratio.
    So if the 10.5 will fit the current 9.7 inch ipad air3/pro footprint, the side bezels will remain.

It is really interesting though, because by releasing it in a few months, apple would allow app developers to make use of the function area before the iphone 8/x release. So it will be easier , with a few alterations , for developers to make use of the iphone 8/x function area.

With ipad however, i' d rather see apple releasing a new smart keyboard cover with a touchbar(and touchpad).

Although, now that it think of it, 5:3 aspect ratio comes very near to 16:9, so make it 16.9 then, and create a 4:3 mode with touchbar /function area functionality and when displaying video allow it to go full screen 16:9 mode.
    It will also help to display iphone and apple tv games in fullscreen mode without alterations(also 16:9).