New Ipad Pre-order "lost" fedex tracking not working

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BFizzzle, Mar 14, 2012.

1. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

i called apple, they did an investigation (after 72 hours and fedex tracking still not work, 5+ calls) . they concluded mine was lost, so they have to send a replacement. wont be here until april 6th really glad i preordered it... NOT. They said there is a a chance i will still get my original order friday the 16h. *fingers crossed*

anyone who is having tracking issues i urge you to call apple.

really crummy i have to go to the end of the lilne on my replacement... when i preorded it within hours of the keynote.

got a free smart cover and hdmi adapter.. wahooo.. even though i would rather just have my ipad i paid for on time..

hopefully fedex just forgot to scan it and its on the right truck, and that it will get scanned soon. I have a feeling that this one "fell off the back of the truck"

is anyone else having theirs replaced?? or having trouble tracking?

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

It's cool that they tossed you a $30 smart cover. Did you ask if they could just have your local store put aside a device for you to pick up on Friday and cancel your online order?

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Just because your tracking number isn't working, doesn't mean it's lost. If you got an email saying it shipped then you're getting an iPad on Friday.

It's most likely sitting in a factory somewhere.

4. BFizzzle thread starter macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

and a free hdmi adpapter! :)

i did do that, but they claim it is impossible because they are new products and differnt systems.. i still think it can be done. i tried though!

----------

lol read my post. apple did an investigation and have already proccessed a new replacement ipad. they think it is lost.. they called fedex and had them physically check for the product and they couldnt find it. . ..i hope its not lost and it still comes in friday.

5. redwilson macrumors member

as if they sent a a new iPad without making you wait until the 16th for delivery, i call BS.

6. BFizzzle, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012

BFizzzle thread starter macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

[​IMG]

really? not bs

7. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I'm legit jealous. Those are some nice bonuses thanks to Apple's great customer service.

If it were me, the most stressful part of it would be on Friday, wondering if the original shipment might magically show up anyway. On Saturday, you'll know for sure, and if necessary you can start a twenty-day binge of wearing all black, chain smoking, and listening to Depeche Mode.

8. BFizzzle thread starter macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

newports here i come!

haha i know they have been super legit, its just frustrating knowing i might not get it on friday after preordering it on the 7th moments after the keynote.

i read that apple is offering personalized ipads the options for replacements due to them being delayed to the 21st, that will be there by the 16th if they reply today by 4 pm. I couldnt understan how they can tell that to them then tell me mine is the april 6th. sooo i called back to the supervisor and he says mine should be in the same priority as theirs. maye i'll end of with two on friday ;) JK JK

9. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

I am sorry brother.

10. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

As if somebody died.

But really -- on Saturday if you don't have an iPad, see how many hours straight you can sit in a dark room next to the window with the shades down, coffee pot next to you, eyes red, smoking, and listening to Depeche Mode's "Blasphemous Rumors" and "Black Celebration" on loop before you really really have to get up to pee.

On Sunday, see if you can break Saturday's record.

Bonus points if you can play it completely straight and a friend/family member tries to get you professional counseling.

11. BFizzzle thread starter macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

this is my daily activity. i do this every year between new apple products. i come outside a few weeks once they launch:cool:

12. chadx85 macrumors newbie

Where was it lost exactly? Lately quite a few of my packages from neiman and saks have been "lost" after being loaded onto ups/FedEx trucks out for delivery...mind you not delivered to the wrong house but "lost" on the truck

13. BFizzzle thread starter macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

explain how i was bothering people before the time? apples email stated to call them if my tracking isnt working after 48 hours.

----------

not sure :( the tracking never worked for me. i was told it was either stored in PA, or FL

14. rgr555 macrumors 6502

15. BFizzzle thread starter macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

lol

wrong..

apple called fedex to have them physically check the package. FEDEX couldnt find the package so APPLE is sending replacement.

its not that my tracking number doesnt work, its that FEDEX DOESNT HAVE A PACKAGE FOR ME. its quite simple.

and as i stated before apples email that says it has ship, also says to call if the tracking number isnt working within 48 hours.. so please explain to me how i was bothering? even if i was "bothering" i was right, the package was lost per APPLE. :D

16. Laserawesome macrumors member

So if the "lost" one shows up, do you get to keep it?

17. BFizzzle thread starter macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

well there is a chance they both will show up, because they said they cant cancell the first one since it "has shipped" in there systems. too bad my Conscious would eat me alive if i kept both. i wish though!

18. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

"Bothering" customer service because your order has vanished isn't bothering. It's what customer service is for.

19. rkahl macrumors 65816

The package isn't "LOST" until the end of Friday.

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't know why there is any pity for the OP. He got a couple of over-priced accessories for bitching about a tracking number not working after 48 hours because apple told him to bitch at them after that time. Sounds like he got lucky and I bet he gets his iPad on 3/16.

21. badpinoy macrumors regular

that sucks man.

i'm going to call Apple when I get home. maybe I can get a few freebies thrown my way.

btw which department do I ask for again?

22. JesseW6889 macrumors 6502

I'd gladly trade you mine for the free stuff and a chance at testing my conscious with a second, free iPad!

FedEx has your package, mine took FOREVER to show up in their system... You said the tracking number worked though, right?

23. BFizzzle thread starter macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

haha okay! no my tacking still doesnt work :( shipped march 11th at 10:30 am. its says "record not found" i call fedex and they cant even pull it up by the location

----------

sales dept, but i can give you the supervisors direct # if you PM me.

----------

not asking for pitty, nor did i call and "bitch" just called and asked for the status of my product. hope i get it the 16th, but apple doesnt think i will... which is why they sent a replacement ipad.. lol

24. Reser macrumors 6502

It honestly sounds like you got stupidly lucky and got through to the village idiot at the Apple call centre. Because I think just about everyone knows by now that the tracking is not guaranteed to work at all untill tomorrow or the 16th.

Also how would Fedex possibly "find" your package when it is locked in the back of a truck that they have no access to? Of course they could not find it.

I honestly cannot believe you claimed your iPad was lost before it was even release day. And I cannot believe Apple humored you as much as they did.

25. Laserawesome macrumors member

You can send it to me and I'll return it to the Apple Store for you. I'll PM you my address. I'll even pay for shipping! ;) :D