New iPad problems (dead pixels, overheating, scratched etc)

Kroxx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Think all the posts about people with faulty iPads should be kept in one place :)

Muscleflex

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2010
i'm waiting for reports of light leaks. i lined up last year on open day for it and had non stop light leak trouble and i was going to line up today as well after work but have decided to wait a week or so...

yateseyd1991

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2011
UK
Got a deep 3mm scratch on the back of mine straight out of the box, not sure if I should just leave it or face posting it off and waiting 3 weeks for a replacement :S

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Got a deep 3mm scratch on the back of mine straight out of the box, not sure if I should just leave it or face posting it off and waiting 3 weeks for a replacement :S
Keep it, it gives it character and now you don't have to worry anymore about getting a scratch on it.
It's like a new car the first scratch hurts the most.

Thrilledge

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
I'm having problems with my brick. The charger doesn't go in all the way. So it basically doesn't work.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2012
Mine is overheating also. GRRR if this keeps happening, I think I'm going to swap mine out.

Sowelu

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2008
New York City
Perfection!!!

There is something off with the color/hue of the app icons. Was this image altered to show over-saturation? Some icons (Notes) look almost fluorescent - which is irritating on displays that try to over saturate (yet still lack contrast). I'm sure it's the pic, then how my MBP is calibrated...

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Think all the posts about people with faulty iPads should be kept in one place :)
You mean outside the 100 other threads wanting their threads to be the only place to discuss their iPad issues?

Ccrunch10

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
Just opened mine up.

Display is amazing, but I found a total of three deadpixels against a white image. Only two are noticeable during normal use, but because the display is such hi-res, the pixels are so tiny that I can't even get a proper picture.

The backlight bleeding is very minor and not even worth mentioning. I took a picture, but it looks much worse in the pic than it does looking at it. Only area noticeable for bleeding was bottom right corner. I had an iPad 2 close to launch and it had terrible bleeding, but when comparing my new iPad is miles better.

What do you think Apple's policy will be on dead pixels considering how difficult they will be to spot to the average user? I'm considering going back to the Apple store, but there wasn't much traffic to begin with so I think I will wait a couple days and see if the display changes.

Ccrunch10

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
Could someone go to this page in the retina display macrumors thread

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1326519&highlight=retina+display+wallpaper&page=10

Its giving my new iPad fits. Not sure if its just way too many high res pics to load or my connection is slow or what. But my screen gets unresponsive for a minute and it gets blocks of white when I scroll up or down. Here is a pic of what I mean. ]
I'm getting the same issue. Flashes. Very slow to load and sometimes it becomes unresponsive for 5-10 seconds. I don't get the white blocks though. Cannot fully load that page without something going wrong.