hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Uh.. why is price 599, 599 and 699?
Why do they have two different sku with same priced iPad for? BB is total stupid.

Comment

MacintoshMan

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2006
Looks like I can finally use my Accidental Damage Protection plan by accidentally leaving it on the roof of my car and opting to use the money towards this beauty. Yay for insurance fraud!

Comment

Irrational

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
$599 is what i expect the new entry model for iPad 2 to be. If they double screen res, they will need to sell it for $599 at least.

Comment

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
If Verizon iPads, shouldn't these be 629, 729, 829 then?

thats what i thought, because if one said 499 then that display rumor would become very interesting. also does this mean it could launch sooner than april. i dont how long in advance a company would put these up (assuming this is not accidental or a prank).

what does everyone think: accidentally put up early or accidentally put up at all.

Comment

Jim82

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2007
Seattle
Apple Computer Inc,?

Last time I checked, Apple Computer Inc, was no longer a company; as they changed their name to Apple Inc, a few years back. Maybe Best Buy did not get the memo. Shows how unreliable their product placement pages are, if they can't get the company right, how are we suppose to believe they have the details right.

Comment

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
Strong rumors concerning the Retina Display + strong rumors of approximate pricing = win.

For now, I believe Tablets will (have to be) continue to be tied to Desktops.

5 years from now, tablets/phones & cloud accounts.

Request: SJ understands the value of personal time, and time to spend reflecting. Please allow the iPad/(Apple product), cloud, and social nature of the internet to respect privacy and the positives of being able to separate from the rest of the world, if even just for a little while.

Last edited:
Comment

Goldinboy17

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
San Francisco, Ca
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I still can't believe Apple would launch an iPad with anything near their retina display. I'd buy it in an instant if they did. Regarding the $599 price tag, is it that hard to believe they would slightly decrease the price? It's not substantial but enough for more peopento choose the 3G models over Wifi. If it supported both AT&T and Verizon I would without a doubt buy one.

Comment

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Wow, it just got real.

Before knockoffs of 2010 iPad is out, Apple is ready with the second gen.

Comment

jealousguy86

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2011
this sounds too funky for me. think about it:

this goes against ipad 1's price points completely because they're more expensive, yes, but much more importantly, two are priced the exact same. we don't know if these are supposed to be three of the wifi versions, meaning they are 16 GB, 32 and 64, or if they are two 3G versions for 599 and the wifi one is 699?

this raises far more questions than qualms anything. i'm guessing this is just BS/unreliable/BB screwup than anything we should look into/think twice about. though it'd be nice to think the ipad 2 is coming out sooner than april, i just don't think it's going to happen anymore unfortunately.

but if we're to believe the rumors about this coming out in april from the german site, then you'd have to pick what you believe because the two rumors together don't make sense, since the rumor said apple would be the only carrier of ipad 2 for the first 6 months, therefore making best buy a carrier for ipad 1 only until october. that is, if you paid attention to that rumor..

Last edited:
Comment

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
It was overpriced at $500, but $600? Wow.

The thing cannot even properly view half of the internet (Read: flash) yet costs more than most laptops.

Save the money and buy yourself a real tablet.

Sorry but Gingerbread is going to annihilate the iPad when it comes out.

Comment

hssky97

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2010
Cool, but I really hope there will be an entry level model below $599!

Agreed, although if the display rumors are true....maybe $599. Ughh I'm starting to not like these super quick refreshes! *It's like Futurama, you have a 301 inch T.V the next day they come out with one that's 302 inches:rolleyes:

*From the movie "Into the Wild Green Yonder"

Comment

jealousguy86

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2011
It was overpriced at $500, but $600? Wow.

The thing cannot even properly view half of the internet (Read: flash) yet costs more than most laptops.

Save the money and buy yourself a real tablet.

Sorry but Gingerbread is going to annihilate the iPad when it comes out.

gingerbread looks nice and all, but a lot more cluttered and busy than iOS, which is clean and user-friendly.

Comment

Lynxpoint

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2005
there is always the chance the ipad will follow the iphone with respect to product line: the current ipad becomes the low-end ipad, with maybe even a lower price point.

Comment

jealousguy86

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2011
this gets me excited but i'm sure it's nothing to think more on, and will probably be removed from BB's website by tomorrow afternoon. i wish apple would've announced ipad 2 before the verizon iphone.

is it me or have ipad 2 rumors gone up like crazy this past week? seems like every day we learn of another new rumor that is pretty big in the minds of people anticipating this device so much.

here's to hoping steve jobs gets onstage in the next couple weeks and says "ipad 2: begins shipping this week"

that'd be excellent.

Comment

oliversl

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
600$ for iPad2? That only means that iPad1 will continue to exists, maybe at 400$.

iPad1 is everywhere now, it does not make sense to stop producing it in april

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.