Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
no it is not.. not even close .. it IS a new feature in 3.0 i am going to remeber your name so when 3.0 is released i can laugh in your face

I have 3.0 beta 5 on my iPhone. If it is a new feature, do tell me how to enable it. :rolleyes:

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
EXCEPT IT ISN'T IN ANY BUILD OF 3.0 YET RELEASED AND WE'RE DAYS FROM WWDC. :eek:

I'm sorry that you're so impossibly wrong.

There is a battery percentage meter in 3.0, but it has not yet been enabled in any of the betas to date. This is mentioned in an Ars Technica article here.

I have 3.0 beta 5 on my iPhone. If it is a new feature, do tell me how to enable it. :rolleyes:

You'll need to SSH into your iPhone to enable it. There are instructions here.

You guys sound awfully sure about things that have been known for a while about 3.0. :rolleyes:

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
funny how everyone said ugly and fake

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/479884/

I think there will be a 32GB iphone (as it says on att website)

last year before the 3g ATT (leaked) had an option for a BLACK iphone before 3g was announced

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/483036/

Dang, where's the new leaked pictures. those pics were posted on May 5, 2008...a month or so b4 the conference.

All we have now is the matte casing of the supposedly new iphone, which i believe is the real one.

apple is really making sure leaks of the casing aren't on the internet. usually we have spy/leak pictures around this time, now all we have is mock ups.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006

No, it's not. I'm looking at the Usage menu right now. They obviously jailbroke and did something to make that show up.

That doesn't count. Battery percentage has been enableable via jailbreak since 1.0.

I had it enabled on my iPhone...beta 3, i believe.

you're late.

I'm not late, I'm absolutely correct. It is not a feature of 3.0. You have to hack your phone to get it.

There is a battery percentage meter in 3.0, but it has not yet been enabled in any of the betas to date. This is mentioned in an Ars Technica article here.

You'll need to SSH into your iPhone to enable it. There are instructions here.

You guys sound awfully sure about things that have been known for a while about 3.0. :rolleyes:

Yep, see? You have to hack your phone to get it, thus it is not a feature of 3.0.

fratboy

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2009
EXCEPT IT ISN'T IN ANY BUILD OF 3.0 YET RELEASED AND WE'RE DAYS FROM WWDC. :eek:

I'm sorry that you're so impossibly wrong.

Look at the couple post and links below. Ok feel stupid now and tell me I am "impossibly wrong". You DONT know everything like you think you do

fratboy

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2009
No, it's not. I'm looking at the Usage menu right now. They obviously jailbroke and did something to make that show up.

That doesn't count. Battery percentage has been enableable via jailbreak since 1.0.

I'm not late, I'm absolutely correct. It is not a feature of 3.0. You have to hack your phone to get it.

Yep, see? You have to hack your phone to get it, thus it is not a feature of 3.0.
Ok so tethering isn't a feature eaither? It's not in the current beta but it can be enabled other ways. Just because you do not have it now does not mean that is NOT a feature

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
Ok so tethering isn't a feature eaither? It's not in the current beta but it can be enabled other ways. Just because you do not have it now does not mean that is NOT a feature

Tethering is a feature that will be accessible without hacking.

Battery percentage indicator is not.

compg318

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2008
The Battery indicator IS within the Betas, but must be 'Enabled' jailbreaking and editing one of the files. Just like Tethering must be Enabled by using a carrier file.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
Think about it. It's been a hidden option since 1.0, which you could turn on if you hack your phone. Why would they turn it on now?

I don't remember hearing about that being in 1.0, let alone in 2.0. Is there a link on this somewhere?

fratboy

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2009
You have to hack it. Thus, you can't do it.

Can't is a word I use on Apple's terms. You can't do it without hacking. My point stands.

This logic is stupid. So your saying these photos are fake. These are internal testing photos not a hack.

And the percentage HAS to be real because for 1 boss prefs hasn't been released for 3.0 and winterboard doesn't work so it is a feature that hasn't been released to the public yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.