Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

It looks like the iPhone ads that aired on Sunday night were just the beginning. Sam L and several other MacRumors readers report that a new iPhone ad just aired on CNBC.

The unpublished iPhone ad focuses on the iPhone's ability to browse the internet, and demonstrates Safari browsing the New York Times website: scrolling, zooming, and browsing. Reader, lblev describes the voiceover:
"it's not the sorta internet... it's not the watered down internet... it's just... the internet... on your phone."
The ad has not yet been posted to Apple's iPhone ads website.

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007

It looks like the iPhone ads that aired on Sunday night were just the beginning. Sam L and several other MacRumors readers report that a new iPhone ad just aired on CNBC.

The unpublished iPhone ad focuses on the iPhone's ability to browse the internet, and demonstrates Safari browsing the New York Times website: scrolling, zooming, and browsing. Reader, lblev describes the voiceover:

The ad has not yet been posted to Apple's iPhone ads website.

I KNEW they'd have more ads...called it! *pats self on back*

Ok back to work, can't wait to see this ad though...

MindlessJD

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2006
Hampshire, UK
I'm not sure whether I will be getting an iPhone but I am very impressed with the web browser on it and it would be great to have the full internet on a phone aswell!

Metatron

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2002
I get the feeling that Steve is pushing the iPhone as his "new" 1984 Macintosh. The only difference this time is that he will be the "Windows 95" of phones.

(Not refering to the OS in general, but to the adoption rate...<for the newbies>)

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Having portable internet and Safari's touch functions is what makes me most excited about the iPhone.:D

Goldfinger

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2006
Belgium
The closer we get to the iPhone's release, the more I fear that it's going to bomb because it won't live up to the expectations.

We'll see.

Metatron

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2002
The closer we get to the iPhone's release, the more I fear that it's going to bomb because it won't live up to the expectations.

We'll see.

"The Steve" has put way to much work and advertising in this. It would kill Apple's rep as well. He would never let it come to market if it would only be a failure. He learned from "Lisa".

miketcool

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2003
California
I KNEW they'd have more ads...called it! *pats self on back*

This is not specifically aimed at ya, but MAN, this speculation crap where someone yells "I called it" is sooooo lame. Who cares....

If this post seems irrelevant without a video, give it about a half hour and it will have somesort of video, whether it be from Apple or TiVo. Then it will be relevant and then I can say,

CALLED IT!

ajhill

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2007
Video coming...

I'm working on the video, unfortunately I had to update my El Gato software and it's been downloading for the last 1/2 hour. Man their server is slow. I'll post it asap.

Al

Retired
May 16, 2006
"The Steve" has put way to much work and advertising in this. It would kill Apple's rep as well. He would never let it come to market if it would only be a failure. He learned from "Lisa".

And the Cube...

Goldfinger

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2006
Belgium

Apple's rep is indeed the very thing I'm fearing for. And sure they may have put in a lot of effort in this whole iPhone thing but, in the end it's still the consumer that decides. If sales are too low it bombs. Even if it's a great product. And the price point doesn't help.

But I'm being cautious with my claims and ideas. We don't know all the details yet. And may very well become a huge hit. I really hope that it does.

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
Out of the everything the iPhone has I am most excited for the internet browser. I've wanted to buy the laptop just so I could browse the internet when I go to someones house but I could never justify the size and cost. So the iPhone is perfect for me, I carry my phone everywhere so I always have the internet in my pocket. And I looked around and I have WIFI hotspots everywhere I usually go. Although I won't be getting it until next year.

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
All it has to do is everything they show in the ads and it'll be sweet, anything on top of that is a bonus. I'm curious what if anything is going to be announced next week. The phone's out of the bag, the laptops are here and the iMac is for the end of the month. Surely they'll be some hardware. Updated Minis?

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
someone has to have the video for this.....

You know whats interesting? I just did a little snooping over at Apple.com - looking at their code on the iPhone ad page. Usually they date the graphics used by the date a product is announced or added to the website

i.e.: graphic20070606.jpg

but the images used for the ads are dated for the 12th

i.e.: screen_calamari20070612.jpg). :cool:

Strange :eek:

Retired
May 16, 2006
Apple's rep is indeed the very thing I'm fearing for. And sure they may have put in a lot of effort in this whole iPhone thing but, in the end it's still the consumer that decides. If sales are too low it bombs. Even if it's a great product. And the price point doesn't help.

But I'm being cautious with my claims and ideas. We don't know all the details yet. And may very well become a huge hit. I really hope that it does.

If the iPhone bombs it will be terrible for Apple, but they have gained a HUGE amount of techno know-how including touch from it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.