Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tedsterb

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
WA
I hear a new iphone may come out this summer, is this true??? I wanna hold out for it if so...
Thanks.

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas
I think its a forgone conclusion. There are alot (like me) who skipped the 3GS, since other than speed it was a pretty minor upgrade. I have big hopes for iPhone HD or whatever they will call the device.

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
by "hear" do you mean "read one of the hundreds of threads on the topic"?

but on topic, ya there's a very good chance there will be a new one and it will most likely be AWESOME

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Steve Jobs referred to an A+ upgrade for the iPhone this year. Most probably he was talking about multitasking et al in iPhone 4.0, though he might pull a double whammy.

Steve Jobs is full of S*** for him an A+ upgrade consists of minor bumps, just enough to keep customers happy and coming back for his shiny products which he markets wonderfully. That being said I am one of those customers LOL! :D

Patrick J

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Oporto, Portugal
Steve Jobs is full of S*** for him an A+ upgrade consists of minor bumps, just enough to keep customers happy and coming back for his shiny products which he markets wonderfully. That being said I am one of those customers LOL! :D

And I'm right up there in line with you :rolleyes:

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa

2 things:

1) he said the iPhone would be an A+ upgrade, not the OS
2) of course the new OS will have bumps, its a beta right now

Hawke

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2007
Dublin, Ireland
I seriously think that one of the mods need to create a sticky with questions like these... we tend to get a lot of the same questions.

PS... like the others said... there is a great chance that a new iphone will be out this summer as there has been a noticeable cycle, and this cycle is about to draw a close in approximately 2 months

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
2 things:

I meant minor bumps in the hardware like specs-wise. and Bumps as in increases not problems.

aerre

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
If the iphone happens in July, does someone know how long it takes to arrive to Mexico City?

rtabdo

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2010
I think it's highly likely we're going to see a new iPhone this summer. Let's all be patient :)

wackymacky

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2007
38°39′20″N 27°13′10″W
2 things:

I don't think it was really clear that he was refering to a new device rather than just the OS.

He wand that it was a A+ upgrade then, started goin on about multitasking.

It would be nice for a new phone, cause I really want this rather an a pad, but if there is no phone, I'll just keep my 3G a little longer and splash out on the pad.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
not trying to be this guy but i have seen like 5 new is there guna be a new iphone this summer threads. yes there is and there most always will be. but people got to lear to search for the threads instead of starting a new one. im sorry to be this guy but i could not resist the urge to do this

tomatillo

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2010
I do find myself taking more and more risks with my 3G. Like taking it surfing. I should probably wait until new hardware is actually available though, before irreversibly generating an excuse to buy.

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2009
Texas

Mostly likely yes. It would be dumb if Apple doesnt produce another iPhone this summer. It would leave a lot of customers unsatisfied.

Im highly anticipating the arrival of a new iphone. Im also relying that they side with sprint, but we will all just have to wait.

RyFrizzle

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2010

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Lets just say Foxconn is very busy with the new 3G iPhone. It has to go into production by the end of April to make a June/July release date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.