New iPods Shipping From Factories?

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
3,434
24
Nottingham, UK
I don't know how true this is, but I just got an email from lajo.biz which has a link to a macool that nwe iPods are being shipped out of China.

http://www.macool.com/macool/news_view.asp?id=682

The article has photo's of the factory warehouses etc..

Don't shoot the messenger if it's total crap - just thought I would share it with you.

If it is spam, can a mod delete this thread please

Thanks
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,966
375
dalvin200 said:
I don't know how true this is, but I just got an email from lajo.biz which has a link to a macool that nwe iPods are being shipped out of China.

http://www.macool.com/macool/news_view.asp?id=682

The article has photo's of the factory warehouses etc..

Don't shoot the messenger if it's total crap - just thought I would share it with you.

If it is spam, can a mod delete this thread please

Thanks
BANG!!

Nah, just kidding. Looks like photos from any factory in China - nothing there to show any link to iPods apart from what the guy says.

I'll believe it when I see it.
 

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
3,434
24
Nottingham, UK
Chundles said:
Looks like photos from any factory in China - nothing there to show any link to iPods apart from what the guy says.
Yeah, kinda what I initially thought..

Don't wanna start any further iPod rumours, so let's squash this.
 

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
46,784
8,957
New iPods Shipping From Factories?



Previously unheard of site macool is claiming that new iPods are shipping from Chineese factories. While some pictures are provided of trucks outside of a factory, none of the supplied pictures at this time can verifiably prove the claims made (hence this story's placement on page 2).

If true however, an Apple announcement regarding iPods next Tuesday could be met with in stock models either the same day or later in the week.
 

Cubert

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2005
149
0
Any website with a story about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie right next to the one about the "new iPods" is not one that I trust.
 

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
19,513
3,988
Space--The ONLY Frontier
If this is one of the Apple factories in China one could presume they ship stuff out almost everyday.Nowhere in that article did the guy have any proof that they were iPods.

Pure speculation imho.
 

Chris Bangle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
577
0
UK
Pleeeeeeeese be true, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese... ive been waitng for a new ipod since that horrible day when the "fun" products were announced.
 

wbread5

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2006
39
0
Beaverland Hills, OR
Nuh-uh

I'm sorry, but if I were in the mood to circulate a false rumor about Apple, this would be it and that would be my website. This is total BS.

EDIT: This could also easily be prototypes being shipped between Apple Labs.
 

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
2,004
0
London, UK
Yay!

wbread5 said:
I'm sorry, but if I were in the mood to circulate a false rumor about Apple, this would be it and that would be my website. This is total BS.

EDIT: This could also easily be prototypes being shipped between Apple Labs.
Did you not read - trucks lined up for BLOCKS... I don't know why Apple would want to ship millions of prototypes...
 

Zman5225

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2005
589
1
Tacoma WA
new iBooks next Tuesday!!!



anyways, I hope this is true, i've been wanting to add another ipod to the household, and the new release is what we've been waiting for!
 

smack416

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2004
18
0
Toronto
yes, they are new iPods

I don't see any reason to doubt the legitimacy of the report. ie, that these are shots from an Apple factory. But, given the translation, I would suggest that this is just an expose on the factory and the shipping process of new (read: factory fresh) iPods. I don't believe that this article is suggesting that the new iPods are in fact new models of iPods.
 

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
2,004
0
London, UK
smack416 said:
I don't see any reason to doubt the legitimacy of the report. ie, that these are shots from an Apple factory. But, given the translation, I would suggest that this is just an expose on the factory and the shipping process of new (read: factory fresh) iPods. I don't believe that this article is suggesting that the new iPods are in fact new models of iPods.
Hmm, perhaps they have batteries that don't explode!
 

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
6,562
631
Cork, Ireland.
liketom said:
mmm let me see , new ipod advert with 5G = no new ipod design from china
He says himself the iPods wouldn't be available in the US for several weeks, in which case a 5G advertising campaign to get rid of whatever 5G stock exists in the channel would make sense.

I'm not saying I believe they're on the way, but it's not implausible.
 

1984

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2005
575
118
The website states it is the "leading source for all things iPod" yet this is the only iPod news on it. Everything else is about celebrities and stuff that has nothing to do with the iPod at all. How do they know these are iPods? It's just a bunch of trucks.
 

BWhaler

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2003
2,863
2,952
I understand this is page 2, but it is beneath Macrumors to post an article like this.

Looks like MR is drumming up website traffic, that's it.

Don't become MacDailyNews or Spymac guys...
 

1984

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2005
575
118
smack416 said:
I don't see any reason to doubt the legitimacy of the report. ie, that these are shots from an Apple factory. But, given the translation, I would suggest that this is just an expose on the factory and the shipping process of new (read: factory fresh) iPods. I don't believe that this article is suggesting that the new iPods are in fact new models of iPods.
I think you're right. They just mean 'new' as in fresh off the assembly lines. This was taken out of context. Appearing on Engadget as gospel and spreading like wildfire in 3... 2... 1...
 

eatapc

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2006
14
0
Macrumors said:

If true however, an Apple announcement regarding iPods next Tuesday could be met with in stock models either the same day or later in the week.
If you add up the ship-time calculations in the story, it would be a month between iPods leaving the factory and arriving in stores. How could they be in stock next week?
 

wbread5

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2006
39
0
Beaverland Hills, OR
He says himself the iPods wouldn't be available in the US for several weeks, in which case a 5G advertising campaign to get rid of whatever 5G stock exists in the channel would make sense.
Companies don't advertise an item they are planning on replacing soon, I agree with liketom. Even to sell existing stock - it's not financially sound, and it's actually bad business if you think about it.

I think we all agree that there's nothing outwardly legitimate about this website. Even MacRumors stated that the website was previously unheard of. That's some "#1 source" if you ask me.
 

iGary

Guest
May 26, 2004
19,583
0
Randy's House
eatapc said:
If you add up the ship-time calculations in the story, it would be a month between iPods leaving the factory and arriving in stores. How could they be in stock next week?
The trucks have jet engines and fly, duh.