Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fenderf4i

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2013
I want something completely different. We have a bunch of crazy developers on iOS, I bet you there's going to be a lot of weird things coming our way. I'm totally installing SwiftKey on day one though. Not a fan of Fleksy. I'm hoping that maybe the guys who do TextExpander will come out with something considering that the majority of the apps I use have their APIs.

Messagease is coming to iOS, it's completely different, and pretty awesome.

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
LOL! Which keyboard are you eyeballing the most for iOS 8? Swiftkey?

The two swiping keyboards I find essential, and use on my Androids are SWYPE and SwiftKey. Swiping is a natural motion that's three or four times faster than hammering away striking one key at a time on the hard glass surface.

I love my iPhone 5S, but it's sadly behind the times with such a crude keyboard. For those who don't know any better it's understandable that they trash swiping keyboards, that's just Apple culture.

I'm platform neutral and as such enjoy both. If I'm doing email or messaging I simply prefer a good keyboard. It's one reason I enjoy my MacBook Pro Retina so much, the display and keyboard are fantastic.

The same thing applies to smartphones, nothing like good display and keyboard.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
The two swiping keyboards I find essential, and use on my Androids are SWYPE and SwiftKey. Swiping is a natural motion that's three or four times faster than hammering away striking one key at a time on the hard glass surface.

I love my iPhone 5S, but it's sadly behind the times with such a crude keyboard. For those who don't know any better it's understandable that they trash swiping keyboards, that's just Apple culture.

I'm platform neutral and as such enjoy both. If I'm doing email or messaging I simply prefer a good keyboard. It's one reason I enjoy my MacBook Pro Retina so much, the display and keyboard are fantastic.

The same thing applies to smartphones, nothing like good display and keyboard.

I'm a slightly biased Apple fan :) , but I have used Swype on Android and iOS really did need to step up in this area. The cleanest looking keyboard I have seen as I been looking around at websites seems to be Flesky's. That's probably gonna be the first one I try.

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
I'm a slightly biased Apple fan :) , but I have used Swype on Android and iOS really did need to step up in this area. The cleanest looking keyboard I have seen as I been looking around at websites seems to be Flesky's. That's probably gonna be the first one I try.
I've always enjoyed learning and embraced change. I have no problem spending time with something new. Flesky is a unique experience, ideal for those who like to type two handed.

After mastering it I find I still prefer a swiping style, mainly because I like the smooth swiping motion better than striking the screen. But that's just my preference.

At least now Apples being a bit more open minded and allowing some change. I've never bought into Apples belief that we should allow them to dictate what's best for us, yet millions of people seem to love to let Apple do their thinking.

Now that Apples finally decided that offering a larger display is a good move, I'm very eager to buy one.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
the most obvs and easiest thing is still missing ... capital and lower key letters on the keyboard :rolleyes:

2lkbtj8.jpg
2gsg86r.jpg

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
the most obvs and easiest thing is still missing ... capital and lower key letters on the keyboard :rolleyes:

2lkbtj8.jpg
2gsg86r.jpg

I don't want that. How many times you'll type in capital letter compared to normal one? I don't want to look at it like the 2nd pic almost all the time. It's harder to see letters.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area

2lkbtj8.jpg
2gsg86r.jpg

I'm in complete agreement! I absolutely hate that the keyboard always remains in uppercase. It's the exact reason I always install ShowCase whenever I jailbreak my iOS devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.