Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Alongside the brand new M1 iMac, Apple today revealed a collection of accessories for the desktop computer. The biggest product is a new version of the Magic Keyboard that includes support for Touch ID, providing quick access to macOS and even allowing users to switch profiles with the touch of their finger.

f1618940001.jpg

This keyboard will come in seven different colors, matching the options on the M1 iMac. In the same spirit, Apple is updating the Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad with colorful options as well. It should be noted that Apple mentioned that there will be a version of the new keyboard without Touch ID, for anyone who wants to opt out of that feature.

f1618940040.jpg

This story was part of our coverage of Apple's "Spring Loaded" event today. Read our live blog for a recap of all of Apple's announcements.

Article Link: New M1 iMac Accessories Include Magic Keyboard With Touch ID and Colorful Magic Mouse/Magic Trackpad

Last edited:

Analog Kid

macrumors 603
Mar 4, 2003
I'm a bit behind in the announcements, so maybe they both have these features, but I'd have thought the iMac would have been perfect for FaceID. What I want is TouchID on the new iPad-- seems I'm the only one who uses it to take notes on my desk, and having to hover my face over it every time I want to unlock in the middle of a meeting is a bit distracting.

Is everything trending toward more radiused corners?

SegNerd

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2020
There is a num pad version. I will be disappointed if Touch ID doesn't work with M1 Mac mini.

Also hoping the new Siri remote works with older AppleTVs.

Reactions: boston04and07

Oohara

Contributor
Jun 28, 2012
I'm a bit behind in the announcements, so maybe they both have these features, but I'd have thought the iMac would have been perfect for FaceID. What I want is TouchID on the new iPad-- seems I'm the only one who uses it to take notes on my desk, and having to hover my face over it every time I want to unlock in the middle of a meeting is a bit distracting.

Is everything trending toward more radiused corners?
Yep that lean in to unlock gets old pretty fast. Not to mention the "turn the steering wheel" shuffle when you're holding it but not sure where the camera is (which is never).

Reactions: Analog Kid
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.