New Macbook Airs are up on Amazon (avoid sales tax)

safe1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011

asdad123

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
Still $20 cheaper for me at apple (Even after tax) for me after student discount.

Comment

saleemyas3

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2012
I ordered the air at $20 more expensive than it would be with Amazon. But i get the $100 gift card and got to use Bill Me Later.

Comment

safe1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
You guys are making me wish I didn't live in Cali!

Well, prices-wise, anyway.

Comment

rygamble

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2012
Yeah, the huge caveat is "If you're a student" ... which MOST purchasers are not, and in many cases it's offset by the fact that in most states you pay tax. But argue if you will.
I'm pretty sure that's the only way you've ever gotten the $100 gift card from Apple. Also, I got 8gb so Amazon was out.

Comment

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Don't forget to use ShopDiscover for 5% cash back via Apple.com if you happen to have the card.

Comment

idencustom

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Yeah, the huge caveat is "If you're a student" ... which MOST purchasers are not, and in many cases it's offset by the fact that in most states you pay tax. But argue if you will.
Most people know someone who is a student.... or is a parent of a student.... or knows someone who is a teacher.......

It's not that hard.

Comment

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
Best Buy sells the Macbook Air with a $150 gift certificate for students. This is the same as Apple, but you have to take a Best Buy gift card. However, use the gift certificate to purchase iTunes gift cards, and you'll get $175 worth. Make sure you are signed up for Rewards there, and you can gain points towards more money back. And, if you pay by Discover, you get another 3%-5% back. Not a bad deal, and you can go pick up the computer today. Amazon is still pre-order :)

Comment

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
after the $200 discount, it's cheaper from Apple for me
Where do you get the $200 education discount from with Apple? Its $50 off the Air and then a $100 iTunes gift card. I'm I missing something?

Or maybe your talking about a MacBook Pro?

----------

I would do this but for the fact that there is no 8GB RAM model available for the 13". Your term of "loaded" had me excited. Oh well. Still gotta wait for a friends discount.

Comment