Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcguin2000

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Has anyone in the UK who ordered online had their MBP ship yet?

I ordered mine the day after the keynote as the Regent Street store had sold out of the higher spec model.

Mine still says 'Not Yet Shipped' and 'Estimated Delivery 3rd - 4th November'.

Seems an awful long time!

tremendous

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
UK? Yeah I'm OK. Stop asking.

I ordered mine the day after the keynote as the Regent Street store had sold out of the higher spec model.

I'm hearing there is a bit of a shortage right now, even for the apple stores. whether this affects units directly shipped from China (are they redirecting those units available to the stores, then shipping orders?) i don't know, but there's a chance it could.

all depends on how many they have in stock already built and how quickly they are producing them, i guess.

MichaelThomas

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2007

I'm exactly the same. Ordered the next day. States 3rd-4th November for delivery.

MitchMan

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2008
Essex, UK
I ordered mine 22 minutes after the Keynote Speech, as it took that long for the Apple Website to become available, and my order status still says :-

Not yet shipped
Estimated Shipping: 7 business days
Estimated Delivery: 29 Oct, 2008 - 30 Oct, 2008

:apple:

Oli80

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2007
I ordered mine 22 minutes after the Keynote Speech, as it took that long for the Apple Website to become available, and my order status still says :-

Not yet shipped

Similar here. I ordered (a BTO MBP) within an hour of the keynote, and mine is 30-31st October. The Apple store was extremely slow though and it must have taken 15+ minutes to complete the process.

zippster

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
Not yet shipped
Product Qty.
MACBOOK PRO 15.4 2.53 CTO {7200rpm 320gb hdd}

order placed on the 14th @21:00

roll on 29th ~ 30th Oct..

robg126

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2008
Nottingham, UK
Yeah I ordered mine about an hour after the keynote and mine says:

Not yet shipped
Estimated Delivery: 31 Oct, 2008 - 03 Nov, 2008

Went for the 2.53Ghz Macbook Pro with no upgrades.

Seems like a long long time to wait. Not too happy at the crappy enter key on the Uk ones either but I'll get used to it I suppose, had a quick play today in store and just want to get it now!!

Red-red

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
I ordered straight after the keynote but have a custom config, I won't get it until November 3rd ( latest ).

I can wait.....kind of. :D

Don't mind all that much though, It's a new product. Demand will be high it's just how it goes.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
I tried placing an order a few hours after the keynote but the Higher Education order system was down on Apple's end (I called up) so the guy said try again later. I tried calling again at 9:45pm (15 minutes before the UK lines close), got through at 9:55pm (definitely before 10) and the woman said "Are you calling from the US or Canada?", I replied "I'm not, I'm calling from the UK" and she hung up on me. It then took me a couple of hours to work out how to ssh in to my machine at uni and use firefox remotely in order to get through to the HE store from there.

Managed it in the end and placed an order for a CTO 2.53 MBP (with the 250gb hard drive instead), Applecare, an iPod Nano and an HP printer. My estimated shipping time's now saying 7 days with estimated delivery saying 31st Oct - 3rd November. The Apple stores in Regent Street and Bluewater both sold out by 12:30pm on Wednesday and have only had a couple in yesterday morning and this morning. They're hoping for more early next week. If they had them now, I'd go and buy from there instead but alas no.

I just spoke to Apple to track my order and the guy said the systems are saying 30th Oct - 3rd November estimated delivery. He also said that Apple hadn't released any MacBook Pros to them at all yet and that all people who placed orders with Apple currently have a 7 day lead time. He did say though that, in his experience, machines usually get delivered quicker than that so I could be getting it a bit sooner. Mine will take a tiny bit longer than others because its a merge-in-transit with other items. Thought I'd share the added info with all of you though. :)

twynne

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
London, UK
My order was placed yesterday (16/10) in the UK and it was showing the same delivery as everyone above (7 days, by 3rd Nov). Today I had an email from Apple saying there was a problem with my card authorisation, and I should contact my card provider (in this case Amex). Having contacted them 3 times now, I'm assured the charge was authorised the first 2 times Apple put it through.

Bottom line - there is CLEARLY an issue between Apple and Amex's systems, so if you paid with an Amex card you may want to give them a call. At one point I had both Apple and Amex on the phone, with Amex confirming it had been authorised, quoting authorisation numbers, and Apple insisting it hadn't! I strongly suspect Apple has a system problem here and, as per usual, refuses to admit it or do anything about it.

Apparently they now won't do anything about it until Monday, at which point I shall be on the phone raising h*ll to anyone that will listen! :mad:

I have to say *every* order I've ever placed online with Apple has been a farce. Retail stores are never an issue, but they supposedly aren't getting the 2.8ghz MBP's at all... and don't even think about changing from the stock (5400rpm) drive.

So for now I'm stuck. I hope everyone else has better luck! :rolleyes:

ibanana

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
London
My order was placed yesterday (16/10) in the UK and it was showing the same delivery as everyone above (7 days, by 3rd Nov). Today I had an email from Apple saying there was a problem with my card authorisation, and I should contact my card provider (in this case Amex). Having contacted them 3 times now, I'm assured the charge was authorised the first 2 times Apple put it through.

Bottom line - there is CLEARLY an issue between Apple and Amex's systems, so if you paid with an Amex card you may want to give them a call. At one point I had both Apple and Amex on the phone, with Amex confirming it had been authorised, quoting authorisation numbers, and Apple insisting it hadn't! I strongly suspect Apple has a system problem here and, as per usual, refuses to admit it or do anything about it.

Apparently they now won't do anything about it until Monday, at which point I shall be on the phone raising h*ll to anyone that will listen! :mad:

I have to say *every* order I've ever placed online with Apple has been a farce. Retail stores are never an issue, but they supposedly aren't getting the 2.8ghz MBP's at all... and don't even think about changing from the stock (5400rpm) drive.

So for now I'm stuck. I hope everyone else has better luck! :rolleyes:

I paid with my British Airways AMEX, no issue for me.

twynne

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
London, UK
I paid with my British Airways AMEX, no issue for me.

Happy to hear it, but I'd believe it when you're holding the machine in your hands. :D

Seriously though I'm still getting the run-around. Just phoned the store again and explained the issue (of course now my card has reached the limit due to the multiple successful authorisations). They agreed to transfer me to their credit card team, then proceeded to send me to the US team, who of course are unable to do *anything* with a UK order.

As I said, farce!

ibanana

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
London
I have placed my order over the phone maybe it's different?
I hope they didn't mess out anyway,can't wait to receive it (30/31Oct)
Good luck to you

kyrosho

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2008
Warwick, UK
UK - Shipping for the new Macbook Pro

Hey guys,

Who's buying the new mbp from UK?
I ordered a BTO mbp just after the keynote event.

Which is:
2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1066Mz DDR3 SDRM-2x2GB
320GB Serial ATA @ 7200
SuperDrive 8X DL
Mini DisplayPort - DVI Adapter
N0 VGA Adapter
No Modem
No Remote
No iWork Preinstalled
No Final Cut Exp Preinstalled
No Aperture Preinstalled
No Logic Exp Preinstalled
KYBD/User's Guide (Z)-US
Country Kit-GBR

But it says that it is:
Not yet shipped
Estimated Delivery: 31 Oct, 2008 - 03 Nov, 2008

I am really disappointed about apple in this country cos it seems that it takes too long for me. Does anyone having the same issue?

Nikklaus

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2007
i ordered the 2.8 GHz with a 250 GB 7200 rpm hard drive. my expected delivery is 30th/31st oct. annoying that its going to take so long but ah well, i'm going to amsterdam with my college on monday for a week, so every cloud.

Red-red

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
It's a new product, We always have to wait a bit longer in the UK, happened for years, it's not going to change.

Be happy we can get it straight away and don't have to wait a few months :p.

bolen

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2008
Sweden

I ordered the stock model of the 2.53GHz one with no extra stuff.

I'm located in Sweden - Ordered an hour after release and got the same 7 business days for shipment and the same estimated delivery 31 Oct -> 3 Nov.

Guess we'll just have to wait. :E

kyrosho

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2008
Warwick, UK
It's a new product, We always have to wait a bit longer in the UK, happened for years, it's not going to change.

Be happy we can get it straight away and don't have to wait a few months :p.

Sorry sigh.
This is the first time that i order a laptop from apple UK...
This system is really ********.
How abt the retail store? juz wondering.

Red-red

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
Sorry sigh.
This is the first time that i order a laptop from apple UK...
This system is really ********.
How abt the retail store? juz wondering.

Apparently some have got them. It's not just apple though, We generally have to wait for everything.

I would rather wait and get a quality product than have a rushed one. Lets hope because we are waiting we get the quality :p

allanibanez

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2008
i ordered the same spec as you, 2.8ghz, 320gb hard drive but only ordered on thursday. it's due 4th/5th november along with a shiny new ipod touch :D

The wait is killing me, but to be honest i have been waiting since the last mbp update to buy one so 2 weeks makes no difference to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.