Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

While we had heard convincing reports that the MacBook Pro updates would have to wait until WWDC (June 11th), a few new reports have started trickling in that the MacBook Pro could see updates as soon as this Tuesday (June 5th).

Mac4ever.com (French) posts the following from a reseller (roughly translated):
There's some news. We've just ordered the new MBP ! Launch expected for next tuesday... But Apple didnt't say anything about the specifications. We have to order blind-eyed... If i've got some other news, i'll keep you informed.
This information alone would not necessarily be convincing, as resellers tend not to have much lead time on new products... but a few other tidbits we've heard lead us believe that this could be legitimate.

Sources are unclear if this will be the LED / Santa Rosa updates that users have been hoping for, and some sources still insist we will have to wait until WWDC for the new MacBook Pro.

Music_Producer

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2004
Doubt it.. but then, it could be possible since WWDC will probably be all about the iphone and mac pros :D

Comment

mongoose8p

macrumors regular
May 15, 2007
Chicago
Finally

I have been waiting for this for 2 months every Tuesday hoping it would be the day. I can see why they would do this because they want to concentrate on the Mac Pro's and especially the iMac and WWDC! Leapord will also be big part so I think they want to get this out so they don't have another thing to concentrate on. We will see in time if this happens or not! I'm praying it does though.

Comment

jellz

macrumors regular
May 5, 2007
I don't want to be disappointed again so I'm still going with the WWDC date.

Comment

Mydel

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2006
Sometimes here mostly there
IF they update MBP week before WWDC, that will be prbably just a minor bump whithout LED screens and santa rosa....And that would be dissapointing. I think we wil have to wait till 11th though

Comment

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
Why would the release the week before WWDC?

it'd be nice to see apple spending most of its time intrducing leopard and perhaps even a new gadget/computer. an ultra-slim macbook pro, perhaps? new imacs? what i'm afraid of is apple wanting to release macbook pros this tuesday so it can spend a lot of its time detailing the iphone's latest features at wwdc.

Comment

Retired
May 16, 2006
They updated the Macbooks without an event...I can see it happening now too, not that I'm looking to buy. I'm unbelievably excited about WWDC :)

Comment

Yoursh

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
MN
Because it is most likely nothing special.

That's my guess also. My thinking is that Apple wants to spend most of the WWDC showing off leopard, so they aren't going to want to spend a lot of time on minor spec upgrades. So they release it before hand.

Comment

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
I have to go to New York in a month or so, and I planned to get one, to use the Euro exchange rate for my own benefit. If they launch them on tuesday, can I expecto to be able to get a stock one in a walk-in store in a month? :)

Comment

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
IF they update MBP week before WWDC, that will be prbably just a minor bump whithout LED screens and santa rosa....And that would be dissapointing. I think we wil have to wait till 11th though

If it's not Santa Rosa or LED backlit screens, then wtf will it be?

Comment

Dicx

Contributor
Jan 10, 2006
Just like my other thread it will be June 5th, 2007. I got too much hassle for posting 6/5/07.

The reason being is Apple wants to start their Educational Back to School Program soon, before WWDC. You can not start the program and then change models a week into the promo. Which like last year will most likely be a dollar amount off an iPod with purchase of a new system.

By changing the system ahead of the school promo, all the marketing can be made ahead of time with the correct specs.

Period.

Comment

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
WWDC, being for developers, could reasonably be focussed almost entirely on Leopard. I can believe it.

And the timing would NOT make it any more likely to be a minor update. There's no reason Apple would have to wait for WWDC for significant changes, if they have reasons to launch earlier.

It will certainly be a shame if Santa Rosa is delayed from Apple and we get only a minor MacBook Pro update this month. But the minor MacBook (consumer) update doesn't worry me: I'd expect the Pro models to change to Santa Rosa first anyway.

Comment

Mgkwho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2005
Well Apple has a lot to fit in in the next few months so I say it's possible.

I don't say that it's likely.

-=|Mgkwho

Comment

Nukemkb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2006
Columbia, SC
oh good grief! as if the anxiety level wasn't high enuff already - now I'll be glued to the computer all day the 5th!!:)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.