New MacBook Pro's on Tuesday, June 5th 2007?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 31, 2007.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

While we had heard convincing reports that the MacBook Pro updates would have to wait until WWDC (June 11th), a few new reports have started trickling in that the MacBook Pro could see updates as soon as this Tuesday (June 5th).

Mac4ever.com (French) posts the following from a reseller (roughly translated):
    This information alone would not necessarily be convincing, as resellers tend not to have much lead time on new products... but a few other tidbits we've heard lead us believe that this could be legitimate.

Sources are unclear if this will be the LED / Santa Rosa updates that users have been hoping for, and some sources still insist we will have to wait until WWDC for the new MacBook Pro.

2. Jon'sLightBulbs macrumors 6502a

How about a case update? The first in years!

"The first of many!"

3. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Doubt it.. but then, it could be possible since WWDC will probably be all about the iphone and mac pros :D

4. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

5. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

6. mongoose8p macrumors regular

Finally

I have been waiting for this for 2 months every Tuesday hoping it would be the day. I can see why they would do this because they want to concentrate on the Mac Pro's and especially the iMac and WWDC! Leapord will also be big part so I think they want to get this out so they don't have another thing to concentrate on. We will see in time if this happens or not! I'm praying it does though.

7. S600MBUSA macrumors regular

8. Detlev_73 macrumors 6502

Detlev_73

Awesome!

The aluminum/titanium/silver-like enclosures for the Powerbooks are dated. New cool stuff, Steve! :)

9. scrambledwonder macrumors 6502

So they can release something even MORE awesome at WWDC. . . .

10. jellz macrumors regular

I don't want to be disappointed again so I'm still going with the WWDC date.

11. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Because it is most likely nothing special.

12. martijn.s macrumors regular

how does someone order a product that has not been released ?

13. Mydel macrumors 6502a

Mydel

IF they update MBP week before WWDC, that will be prbably just a minor bump whithout LED screens and santa rosa....And that would be dissapointing. I think we wil have to wait till 11th though

14. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it'd be nice to see apple spending most of its time intrducing leopard and perhaps even a new gadget/computer. an ultra-slim macbook pro, perhaps? new imacs? what i'm afraid of is apple wanting to release macbook pros this tuesday so it can spend a lot of its time detailing the iphone's latest features at wwdc.

15. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

So they can reserve WWDC for the new UI and announce Aqua's death :)

16. EagerDragon macrumors 68020

EagerDragon

cool

Bring it on.
    The 5th or the 11 wont make much difference.

17. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

They updated the Macbooks without an event...I can see it happening now too, not that I'm looking to buy. I'm unbelievably excited about WWDC :)

18. Yoursh macrumors 6502

That's my guess also. My thinking is that Apple wants to spend most of the WWDC showing off leopard, so they aren't going to want to spend a lot of time on minor spec upgrades. So they release it before hand.

19. juanm macrumors 68000

juanm

I have to go to New York in a month or so, and I planned to get one, to use the Euro exchange rate for my own benefit. If they launch them on tuesday, can I expecto to be able to get a stock one in a walk-in store in a month? :)

20. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

If it's not Santa Rosa or LED backlit screens, then wtf will it be?

21. Dicx macrumors regular

Dicx

Just like my other thread it will be June 5th, 2007. I got too much hassle for posting 6/5/07.

The reason being is Apple wants to start their Educational Back to School Program soon, before WWDC. You can not start the program and then change models a week into the promo. Which like last year will most likely be a dollar amount off an iPod with purchase of a new system.

By changing the system ahead of the school promo, all the marketing can be made ahead of time with the correct specs.

Period.

22. Glenns macrumors newbie

Glenns

23. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

WWDC, being for developers, could reasonably be focussed almost entirely on Leopard. I can believe it.

And the timing would NOT make it any more likely to be a minor update. There's no reason Apple would have to wait for WWDC for significant changes, if they have reasons to launch earlier.

It will certainly be a shame if Santa Rosa is delayed from Apple and we get only a minor MacBook Pro update this month. But the minor MacBook (consumer) update doesn't worry me: I'd expect the Pro models to change to Santa Rosa first anyway.

24. Mgkwho macrumors 6502a

Well Apple has a lot to fit in in the next few months so I say it's possible.

I don't say that it's likely.

-=|Mgkwho

25. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

oh good grief! as if the anxiety level wasn't high enuff already - now I'll be glued to the computer all day the 5th!!:)