Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Story updated. continue discussion here

We'd originally published a story suggesting that MacBook Pros would see updates this Tuesday. Since that time, we've received conflicting reports as to what exactly is being delivered to Apple stores this coming week. Based on product cycles, the safe bet is the MacBook Pro, with 264 days since the last update. That, however, has not stopped Apple from introducing a slew of other products over the past few weeks (iPod Shuffle updates, Aperture 2.0, 16GB iPhone, 32GB iPod Touch)

Sources reveal that shipments of new Apple products are planned for midweek. Historically, such information tends to reliably predicts new product releases. But we can't be confident these necessarily represent new MacBook Pros, or another unexpected announcement (such as premature MacBook or iMac updates).

Previous tidbits of information surrounding the new MacBook Pros have indicated that they will incorporate Penryn processors, an LED screen in the 17" model, and the new-and-improved multi-touch trackpad found in the MacBook Air.

Article Link

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
That's awesome! The wait is finally over....I hope. All I have to do now is sell my MBP in order to clear some space for Tuesday! :p (Pfft no. I love my baby!)

Comment

Lord Nerdos

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2007
Osaka
Will it come in pink?

Maybe Edison Chen can get one customised in pink, to replace his notorious pink macbook... ;)

Comment

Jimmieboy

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2005
Australia
Yippee!!! I've had the money for a while. Perhaps I won't have to stay up till 12.00am to be disappointed the 4th Tuesday in a row?

Comment

ridehard

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2008
Portugal
Ahahaha don't believe this ...
Have been waiting since November, yesterday i bided on Ebay for a 15"mbp, and now looks like they'll come this week.

Very good news. Lets see what they bring :D

Comment

alidada1

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2007
Hope the price decrease a bit

Hope to see decrease in price and higher processor speed and upgrade of graphics card.

Comment

murtoid

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2008
"all signs are pointing to this Tuesday.

We're hesitant to pinpoint a specific date"

what the?

EXACTLY!

also the other thing i find interesting is that everyone was saying apple would wait for montevina?? i think it is,, which is out much later in the year,

if this is the case this is simply a small chnage before the larger change in june?

can anyone correct/comment on that?

Comment

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
EXACTLY!

also the other thing i find interesting is that everyone was saying apple would wait for montevina?? i think it is,, which is out much later in the year,

if this is the case this is simply a small chnage before the larger change in june?

can anyone correct/comment on that?

changed to we "were" hesitant.

arn

Comment

Mackan

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
I also hope for a new videocard, but that is probably unlikely. I wouldn't mind an GPU overclocking tool for Mac OS X though, I am a bit surprised no one has made one. They exist for Windows.

Comment

Mr. Funsocks

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2007
This is extremely good news. I was getting ready to buy one on amazon. Macrumors better not be wrong again. Considering the first two rumors from "reliable" sources were wrong.

Comment

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
This is extremely good news. I was getting ready to buy one on amazon. Macrumors better not be wrong again. Considering the first two rumors from "reliable" sources were wrong.

Which two rumors? There have been no "reliable" rumors about MacBook Pro release dates since Macworld. Everything has been published on Page 2.

arn

Comment

propropro

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2004
Spain
I suppose there are no more details about the release because there is not any upgrade in the new models beyond 17" led screen, touch pad and new processors... may I be right?

Comment

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Should make a lot of people on here happy. Then comes the "When is the iMac going to get the Penryn Processors and so forth." Can't wait.

Maybe we will finally see Blu-Ray support. I doubt it, but you never know.

On a side note, I am still waiting on my Macbook Air because I had to send it back due to dead pixels.:mad:

Comment

Mr. Funsocks

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2007
Which two rumors? There have been no "reliable" rumors about MacBook Pro release dates since Macworld. Everything has been published on Page 2.

arn

Ah forgot page 2 was the unreliable sources. I speak of course of the Feb. 12th date from hardmac, and the two dates you predicted of them coming "This Tuesday, or next" which was posted around the beginning of February.

Comment

surrelmar

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
And together we pray "Let it be true, let this be the end of the false prophesies".

but, why isn't anybody talking about new macbook pro casings anymore? New design?

Comment

MrT8064

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
UK
I REALLY want a new case design, just a large touchpad wouldnt do it for me;

this current design is very similar to the old powerbook G4... while it is still an amazing looking laptop, i really feel its time to move on, before windows laptops catch up!!

Comment
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.