Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
For those users that don't want a case redesign or serious update to the MacBook Pro because they bought the previous or current model and don't want to feel bad because they didn't wait.....

****!

I am hoping that they do update the machines on Tuesday, if not, then the waiting continues.

haner

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2008
I can't stand the MBA keyboard. After a year, those black keys are going to be all shiny and greasy looking. Really hope they don't use the MBA keyboard for future MBPs.

rezonat0r

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
The update this teusday will incorporate a subtle case redesign, however, their will be not be a radical redesign for montevina. MBP is about constant, SUBTLE updates.

Apple generally doesn't do "subtle" case redesigns. Unless you consider the different look of the touchpad a "redesign". And you sound rather sure about what will or will not happen without providing any evidence.

frankym

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2008
Dude, duh.

Apple generally doesn't do "subtle" case redesigns. Unless you consider the different look of the touchpad a "redesign". And you sound rather sure about what will or will not happen without providing any evidence.

I am on my 3rd MBP now and have had one since 2002 when it was a 667mhz g4 chip and titanium case. I get a new one every 18 months. Since 2002, the case has been consistently and SUBTLY updated:

aluminum case
backlit keyboard in a new color
all new hinge mechanism on the screen
iSight integration
more rounded case design
relocating all ports to the side

the MBP updates will always be subtle.

b9sinner

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2008
sweden
Finally we get some more "rumors" of this release, I have been up waiting for this every tuesday night as the store goes down. I'd love more deets about this reliable source though. Maybe the other blog sites will be getting the same info? Anyway, bring on the new MBPs, and as I've shown before on these threads, here is what I want it to look like...

here is how i whant it to look like (ive modified the org pic to how i whant it = background is just a job ive made). gunmetall finish and a screen that goes more to the edge of the screen, :D

a quadcore would be nice in the new model. mbp needs to get faster if its to compete with newer pc models. 4gb ram and a faster gpu

Attachments

• gunmetall.jpg
    gunmetall.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 153

aliquis-

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
I also hope for a new videocard, but that is probably unlikely. I wouldn't mind an GPU overclocking tool for Mac OS X though, I am a bit surprised no one has made one. They exist for Windows.
I'd much rather just have enough vram than overclocked gpu.

mactastic1971

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
Bay Area, CA
here is how i whant it to look like (ive modified the org pic to how i whant it = background is just a job ive made). gunmetall finish and a screen that goes more to the edge of the screen, :D

a quadcore would be nice in the new model. mbp needs to get faster if its to compete with newer pc models. 4gb ram and a faster gpu

Course they can put a quadcore in your new MBP.
And then slam a nice fat heatsink on it making the case 2x thicker.
Dont be dumb!
Doesn't anybody here appreciate the fact that multiple cores are only going to be useful once software developers start re-architecting their code to utilize multi-threading ???

WAKE UP!

The update when it comes will be as per the OP.
I know there has has been no word in the industry about 17" LED but then again... Intel kept very quiet about their silnky little package for the MBA too !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.