Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
It's too bright, is there a darker option?

We've made some changes to improve this, and we are looking into a darker option as a possibility.​

I can't login

If you had an existing account and can't login, please reset your password. If that doesn't work or you don't get the email, please contact support.
Can I have an avatar?

Yes, everyone gets an avatar.
Where are my Subscribed Threads?

These are called "Watched Threads" and can be found at https://forums.macrumors.com/watched/threads

To perform bulk management (unsubscribe multiple), go to:
https://forums.macrumors.com/watched/threads/all

I don't understand why I'm getting certain notifications

Alert Preferences lets you specify which notifications that you will get alerted to. An "alert" puts a small notification at the Flag icon on the top right of the forum page.

alertprefs.jpg

Preferences allows you to specify when you Watch a thread and if you get emails

prefs.jpg

I Keep Getting Emails I don't want

1. Turn off the individual subscription by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email. There is also an option to unsubscribe to all thread emails.

2. Uncheck the "and receive email notifications of replies" in Preferences.
Where is Spy?

We are looking at bringing it back
Early version is here: Forum Spy for Early Use

It's too narrow on my large monitor

There is a small toggle icon on the bottom left that will widen it to full width.
Can I exclude forums from New Posts?
Can I view more posts per page?

We are looking into adding these features back shortly.
Is there a Desktop version I can view from my iPhone?

There is only one version. Right now, there is no way to request the full sized site on your iPhone
When can I see updates?

We have a change log that we are updating here https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macrumors-theme-change-log.1889170/

Last edited:

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
How do you un-watch multiple threads at once? It used to be under the subscriptions settings you could check a bunch off, but I don't see it now... I have to go 1 by 1?

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Hey where is the print version/view?

There is no print version.

Are you going to include the number of posts with the avatar?

This may come back. We are still tweaking some of the visuals. If you click on the username, you can see their detailed information including post count.

How do you un-watch multiple threads at once? It used to be under the subscriptions settings you could check a bunch off, but I don't see it now... I have to go 1 by 1?

If you visit https://forums.macrumors.com/watched/threads then all watched threads (link at bottom) https://forums.macrumors.com/watched/threads/all - you can do batch changes to your Watched threads.

Z3man

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2012
UK
So no plans to improve navigation then, quite a few people besides me have mentioned it, we need the old style forum jump back.

elemenohme

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2014
Looks nice so far, but Where'd the "Apple Watch Apps" subforum go? Now there's just Apple Watch and Apple Watch Accessories...

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Looks nice so far, but Where'd the "Apple Watch Apps" subforum go? Now there's just Apple Watch and Apple Watch Accessories...
It's in the Apple Apps and Services section along with apps for other devices/platforms.

Darrensk8

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
Hey do I get to the first unread comment in a thread I'd previously been reading?

Thanks

Darrensk8

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
So do I now have to 'watch' every thread if I'm going to return later to continue reading posts???

I must be missing something as that can't be right. It used to just 'know'

Thanks

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
So do I now have to 'watch' every thread if I'm going to return later to continue reading posts???

Thanks
It works the same on all threads in the forums, even if you're not in the Watch Threads.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001

Thanks

Just clicking on thread titles anywhere. Default behavior is to go to unread

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
Is there a "Return to Threads/Forums" button? I subscribe to another board that uses this software and that button is at the end of every page right after the last post where you have a button that says "Go to first Unread"

dmj102

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2013
Canada
When I scroll over images in a post, I keep getting "Click this image to show the full-size version" pop ups. How do I disable that?

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
Just clicking on thread titles anywhere. Default behavior is to go to unread
@arn What I'm finding is that the "first unread" behavior is not working as expected when tapping the thread titles of any thread from the New Posts list. It works as expected elsewhere in the forums. I have a feeling that the New Posts list somehow interferes with the first unread behavior.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
@arn What I'm finding is that the "first unread" behavior is not working as expected when tapping the thread titles of any thread from the New Posts list. It works as expected elsewhere in the forums. I have a feeling that the New Posts list somehow interferes with the first unread behavior.

Hmm. It's hard to tell sometimes for me too.

But it looks like it sends you to the right url. It appends /unread to the url. Beyond doing that, it would be a bug in xenforo or maybe a weird relic of import. Have you tried marking all as read and seeing if it still isn't working after that?

image.jpg

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
Hmm. It's hard to tell sometimes for me too.

But it looks like it sends you to the right url. It appends /unread to the url. Beyond doing that, it would be a bug in xenforo or maybe a weird relic of import. Have you tried marking all as read and seeing if it still isn't working after that?

View attachment 558278
One of my habits is to read through the New Posts list and then Mark all as read. I've had this habit with forums for years and it's one of the reasons that I'm able to catch spam so quickly. Even doing this with the new XenForo platform here the issue persists.

@arn I have found further evidence that the "first unread" feature isn't working as expected. In the screenshot below you can see that my post is the last post in the thread and it includes a quote from you. Clearly I had to read your quote in order to include it in my post, but the "Go to first unread" button is being displayed below my post. Clicking that button takes be back to your post, which I quoted in my post. This is weird.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 1,731
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.