New MBP NL Shipping thread

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fgd007, Oct 31, 2008.

?

What would you pay for a your Apple shipping?

Poll closed Nov 13, 2008.
  1. Nothing, leave it free! I don't care waiting 3 weeks...

14.3%
  2. I'd pay EUR 30 if my order was delivered within a week

42.9%
  3. I'd pay more than EUR 50 on the condition that I could have it in a few days!

21.4%
  4. Next time I don't get myself tricked into rebate offers and order a sole product (without merging)

21.4%
  1. fgd007 macrumors member

Any dutch(wo)man already ordered one of the new MB(P)s last weeks?

I ordered a MBP (Config-to-order) last week 24th of October along with a printer and iPod. Today the trackingsystem is showing 'Verzonden' (shipped) and Merge to Transit in NL Tilburg.

I am wondering whether the expected deliverydate of 11th November is accurate or not. Looks like its quite overdone(?). Anyone experiences with this date? I cant f****ng wait much longer ;)

2. peterdevries macrumors 68040

peterdevries

I just ordered at an APR (ProWarehouse) in Amsterdam. They indicated 2 weeks, so I'm thinking 10th of november.

3. Ramonzuton macrumors newbie

Ordered a MBP ( 2.4 GHz 4 GB ) and a printer and iPod aswell....
    ordered the 15th...

Merge to Transit in NL Tilburg here aswell

Expected deliverydate over here: 3th, 4th or 5th of november (next week :D)

3th for iPod and printer
    4th or 5th for the MacBook Pro

Same here, I can't wait!

4. fgd007 thread starter macrumors member

So they are quite accurate...

Aha...so these dates could be just accurate. Mmmm, pity. I have ordered the same edit (4GB and 7200rpm 250GB). Keep us updated!

5. dare-tl macrumors newbie

Ordered a CTO Macbook Pro 2.4, 200Gb 7200 rpm, 4 Gb on the 25th of October.

Received an email from Apple today that the order was shipped.

Using the UPS tracking code it tells me that it is transit and likely to arrive on the 4th of November.

6. silly sire macrumors newbie

Made a list of the different stages your shipment will go trough if you order more than one item (eg mbp + ipod)
    If you only order a mb or mbp you should be able to trace your package all the way
    Hope it can be of any use to you guys..

General consensus is that it takes about 7 working days to recieve your package from the moment you get the " shipped/klaargemaakt voor verzending" status

Nog niet verzonden

Klaargemaakt voor verzending (vanuit Shanghai)

Onderweg naar land van bestemming - volgende update verwacht over 4 tot 5 werkdagen

Onderweg naar klant – verzending op schema

Overdracht aan laatste vervoerder wordt voorbereid

Onderweg naar klant – verzending op schema (voor de tweede maal dus)

Track & Trace 1 : 8080806xxx (Naam vervoerder: NL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, hier valt verder niet mee te tracen, nummer is hetzelfde als het leverlingsnummer wat je direct van Apple kreeg)

Track & Trace 2: 1Z291Y08684611xxxx (Naam vervoerder nu ook bekend: UPS/TNT, hiermee kun je tracen op de websites van de desbetreffende vervoerders)

Wordt afgeleverd

Klaar voor bezorging bij klant

7. fgd007 thread starter macrumors member

Interesting (and annoying) to discover that a single order CTO MBP, ordered even one date later than I did is expected to be delivered one whole week earlier! The annoying part is that both the printer and the ipod have a '24 hours' delivery status in the online store, so you would expect that a MBP order along with these products wouldn't take much longer to be delivered.

I am (already) a little disappointed by the dates Apple communicates in their online store (it is my first Apple store purchase). They differ a lot with the delivery date so they are no more than a marketing tool. They actual deliverydates are shown in the end of the checkout process.

However, silly_sire, keep us updated on the actual arrival of your good(s)!

8. silly sire macrumors newbie

My UPS tracking tells me I should recieve it on Monday, but let's see...
    Will keep you posted

9. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

My order was placed on 27 October. Still "Nog niet verzonden" :(.

When I ordered, it was: "Verzenddatum: 5 werkdagen", so based on that it should be here by Monday; however, my currently estimated delivery date range = 2-3 times longer.

In the US, I have read that customers who call Apple to complain about lateness are offered freebies to compensate for the inconvenience like $100 off and/or free mini-display adapters and/or free remote controls. What about us?

My anticipation grows every day. I hope to get it ASAP but in reality would rather wait longer to get a well QA'ed machine (e.g., if delays are because Apple is working out some production issues in China), but I think we should also be compensated for lateness.

Just as an aside observation, in Amsterdam it seems there is quite a high ratio of MB(P) users as opposed to PC laptop users. Whenever I pass by a café with WIFI, I see mostly Macbook(Pro)s.

10. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Smart move: if you order your machine via a retailer with an Apple Authorized Repair Center & in the future ever need repairs, it greatly increases the likelyhood that the store will repair your machine in their shop as opposed to shipping it to/from Woerden. Shipping can add weeks to a repair.

The Apple reseller close to Central Station seems to have expanded their Repair Center. Not sure if this means they have a higher capacity to repair machines that were not purchased in their store.

According to Apple, the agreement with Authorized Repair Centers is to treat all Apple customers equally; however in reality I can tell you from more than one experience that this is not what they do here & that there is then no recourse from Apple Nederlands.

11. fgd007 thread starter macrumors member

I would try different store... I thought it was Apple policy to repair every product in these centers. Although I can imagine that it becomes a little busy there in these times of overall Mac mania...

12. fgd007 thread starter macrumors member

Of course, better a week later than a crappy assembled machine...however, we indeed could ask for compensation. Nice to introduce a new series of machines, but they should have had them in stock soon after this announcement, instead of punishing early birds/early adapters with a 3 week delivery period...

13. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

When ordering an MBP @ apple.nl, the estimated delivery date for the default configuration is 5 days. I do not see any advantage to order online in this case as you could just go to a store and bring one home.

However, I just realized that as soon as you change anything about the default configuration, the delivery estimate jumps from 5 to 7-10 days.

14. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

I have been in this situation at two different times and both times tried all the stores in Amsterdam trying to find one that would not ship my machine somewhere else. The technician flat out told me that they only repair machines locally if bought at the store. Yes it has to do with being busy, but they are ALWAYS busy. According to Apple there is no "too busy" clause in the agreement. And in that case then they should also have to ship machines that were bought locally.

15. fgd007 thread starter macrumors member

Looks like they (mis)use this service to convince people to buy their macs at their stores instead of buying them in the online Apple store. Curious what Steve would think of that... :)

16. fgd007 thread starter macrumors member

Indeed does it make a difference. However, the shipping days which they communicate in the shop differ in all cases a lot with the delivery days. Not really fair communication.

17. peterdevries macrumors 68040

peterdevries

The two APR's in Amsterdam are hopelessly understaffed, arrogant and not very helpful, although the MacHouse close to the Westerkerk is better than iCentre at the Central Station.

I have ordered my machine at ProWarehouse. They are a group of ex-students (afaik) that have started a Mac store at the Herengracht. There is no storefront, so no extra costs and they treat their customers much better than the APR's.

Their prices are superior to the other stores. The prices that they display online are even negotiable, and those are significantly lower than those of the APR's.

Simple repairs they do in-house. The other ones they ship.

18. Dipsausje macrumors newbie

peterdevries, nice shop, Apple Care is a lot cheaper there than on the Apple.nl store.

On Oct 29, 2008 I ordered an MBP 15.4/2.4/CTO + CANON PIXMA MP610. Estimated shipping date is Thursday this week, estimated delivery date is Nov 17,2008 / Nov 18,2008.

19. mscofield macrumors member

Just found out mine is now on Ready for transport, shipping around 17-18th.
    I ordered the 2.5GHz+250GB 7200RPM and iPod Nano.

20. kongko macrumors newbie

ordered 2.5G 320G 7200 rpm with a vga adapter on 22nd. got an confirmation e-mail on 24th after wire transfer my payment. Nothing happened so far. Estimated shipping date nov 7th to 13th.

I am getting more and more anxious about the shipping. I always think I shouldn't buy anything right after the announcement, but oops, I did it again.

Although I am a die-hard apple fan, when it comes to the shipping right after the keynote, I even hate apple more than microsoft.

absolutely frustrated.:mad:

21. EricAmsterdam macrumors newbie

Orderded my first Apple on Oct 18th

On Saturday Oct 18th I made the decision to switch from Windows to Mac.
    I ordered my MacBookPro at ICentre Amsterdam CS.
    Now I am waiting impatiently for the phonecall that she arrived...

Ordered a CTO-model (2,53GHz, upgraded the harddisk to 320/7200).
    I hope that doesn't take too much time....

22. Ramonzuton macrumors newbie

Just made a call to apple as my order status said I'd be receiving my iPod and printer today and my MBP tomorrow or wednesday...

This guy told me my MBP was still in Amsterdam and the printer and iPod were in Tilburg already (few kilometres from here)... the MacBook Pro would be shipped to Tilburg today and I'll receive the whole package tomorrow or wednesday.... man I can't wait!!

23. mladenz macrumors regular

My order says it has been shipped on Nov 1, but from where? And i can't find where i can see where the package is, tracking number.

First they said it would arive between 14 and 17 Nov, then they said it would arive 11 Nov, and now it's back at 14-17 Nov, but if i take a look at the items, it says it will arive the 12th? lol:p

Oh and i ordered the MBP+incase sleeve and Ipod nano, but they say the Ipod isn't even shipped, only the MBP and Incase Sleeve.

Well, i guess ill see what happens.:)

24. fgd007 thread starter macrumors member

Today the orderstatus on MBP + ipod + printer (ordered on the 24th) was updated to 'Onderweg naar land van bestemming - volgende update verwacht over 4 tot 5 werkdagen'.
    Now I will have to wait till next week for sure, and it is more likely now that it will arrive around the 11th...
    Almost 3 weeks...only to save 50 euros (compared to the studentdiscount in the apple store here in Eindhoven) and to get a ipod and printer almost for free... It is worth it, but waiting is horrible!

25. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

I was ready to buy a stock 2.53GHz MBP today at a store, but none of the aforementioned stores in Amsterdam has a single one :eek:

All of the new UMBs and UMBPs are out of stock.

These stores might as well give their employees the week off. I am talking about the standard models, not CTO.

I remember reading somewhere that this is one of the worst things a company can do because they end up paying lots to advertise...for their competitors as potential customers ready to buy a laptop might instead purchase a competitor's product.