New MBP Owners, Have You Put Your Snow Leopard Order Yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by donster28, Jun 16, 2009.

1. donster28 macrumors 65816

Quick!!! Get it while it's hot. Although it won't ship until September, it's good to take care of it now. I did it and it was damn cheap and easy. :)

2. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

3. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

It's the up-to-date program. I'll do it once it gets closer.

4. cababah macrumors 68000

Thanks..what is this order form they keep talking about?

When I clicked the link, I signed in and it automatically had the $9.95 version in my cart and I proceeded to check out and pay for it never once filling out an order form for verification...

Does Apple not need an order form since I bought my new 13" MBP from the Apple Store directly?

5. z.j.c5 macrumors member

Wont let me place an order it says my purchase date of the 10th of June is incorrect? Has anyone else had this problem?

6. Magick macrumors member

same problem here, I ended up going through the order by mail route and paid via paypal. Sucks though, now I have to use stamps :p

7. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

I placed my order online with no issues. According to Apple, my order will ship on the 25th of September, and will take no longer than 5 days to arrive.

8. z.j.c5 macrumors member

I think its people in the UK and Europe who are having a issue with the dates no one in the US is.

9. k5every1 macrumors newbie

Even though I didn't even receive my new MBP yet, I placed an order for the new Snow Leopard. If you haven't pre-ordered it yet don't wait too long, the offer is not vaild if you wait more then 90 days after the purchase date of your new Mac. :D:apple::D

10. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

I will be placing my order the minute my MacBookPro 13-inch arrives. Soon soon.

11. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

I'll just take a 2 minute walk and stop by the downtown Apple store on my lunch. It'll give me something to look forward to in Sept...

12. Jeanne-W macrumors newbie

:D LOL I got a kick outa that, I ordered mine too, just after 7am this morning .

I'm curious though how did you get the order through without the serial# ? I had to enter mine to see if it qualified.

13. cababah macrumors 68000

If you purchased it through the online Apple store, it automatically will enroll you in the program (as it did with me).

14. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Thanks for that, I didn't know that. My 13" MBP/SSD will be here in a couple of days. I just went to the Snow Leopard up to date area and logged into my account and it took me to the purchase page for $9.95, it automatically knows that I bought a Mac. Cool! :)

15. zsnow macrumors regular

i wish they could give us a option to download instead of send a dvd. I don't like physic material for software.

16. k5every1 macrumors newbie

he beat me to the response :):apple::)

17. hamish5178 macrumors member

I click the link to purchase SL for my bought-online MBP. I enter my username/password, and then it shows me an empty cart. Am I doing it wrong?

18. phrozen209 macrumors newbie

Same here. Anyone knows whats going on?

19. z.j.c5 macrumors member

I am getting the same fill in the details and it says your cart is empty.

20. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

Add the item you already bought (Macbook) then delete the macbook and pay only for the update :) works :)

21. RedWings macrumors regular

Same here.

I ordered my MBP yesterday, so that may have something to do with it.

22. jedijoe macrumors 6502

jedijoe

placed an order

yea i ordered it because going to the apple store in tucson, az is a pain-in-the-butt. Its on the outskirts of town, in the foothills in some fancy mall-like area. I wish there was one right downtown near the university.

if i knew my bookstore was going to have it in stock the first day, I would cancel my order and get it there, but if you bought it June 8th, wouldn't September 25th be greater than the 90 days?? If it even gets released by Sept 25th.

23. donster28 thread starter macrumors 65816

Folks, please be vigilant when filling-in personal information after following a link. I started this thread not to get you guys and gals in trouble.

Make sure the link takes you to an official Apple site.

No offense to you Radioman. :)