Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedWings

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Same here.

I ordered my MBP yesterday, so that may have something to do with it.

My items shipped this afternoon so I tried the link again and it worked. So for those of you who didn't have it add it to your cart, make sure your order has been shipped before trying.

KBV1

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
the problem i am having is when i continue to order it it just shows me an empty basket :( try again in a few weeks i guess lol

z.j.c5

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2009
I am having the same problem and ive had the laptop a week today and it still wont let me place the order. I am getting very annoyed.

darkpaw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
London, England
I was having the problem with the dates until last night. (I'm in the UK.)

However, after adding my MBP as a qualified system and clicking Continue, it resulted in an empty cart. There was a note saying to enable cookies, but they already were.

I turned off my banner blocker (Safari Block) and it worked. Maybe this will help someone else?

Harryc

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2006
New York
I am willing to bet some of the folks showing an empty cart and not being able to order the Snow Leopard upgrade online purchased their Macs through the Apple education website for their school. In fact I'd also be willing to bet that this upgrade pricing does not apply to those machines. It would be great if someone could prove this theory wrong ...

maffrican

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
I had been trying to do it on my new macbook pro and kept getting an empty cart, but after I tried it on the same system upon which i originally placed the order it worked. Maybe it has something to do with cookies? And I did purchase my new one through the education store.

RedWings

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
I am willing to bet some of the folks showing an empty cart and not being able to order the Snow Leopard upgrade online purchased their Macs through the Apple education website for their school. In fact I'd also be willing to bet that this upgrade pricing does not apply to those machines. It would be great if someone could prove this theory wrong ...

I bought mine through the education website and still got the upgrade for $10.

glap1922

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2009
I am having the same problem and ive had the laptop a week today and it still wont let me place the order. I am getting very annoyed.

I was having the same problem. It wouldn't work on my mac with safari or firefox, or on a windows PC with firefox, but when I tried it with IE it worked perfectly. So I recommend trying to place the order with IE!

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath

There was a cutoff date and it appears it only applies to systems purchased from Apple.

Customers who purchase a qualifying new Mac computer or an Apple Certified Refurbished computer from the Apple Online Store on or after June 8, 2009 that does not include Mac OS X Snow Leopard can upgrade to Snow Leopard for US$9.95 plus tax. Remember your completed order form must be postmarked or faxed within 90 days of the date of your purchase of a qualifying computer (described in this offer) or by December 26, 2009, whichever is earlier.

Cheers,

rinoajaguar

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
yea i ordered it because going to the apple store in tucson, az is a pain-in-the-butt. Its on the outskirts of town, in the foothills in some fancy mall-like area. I wish there was one right downtown near the university.

if i knew my bookstore was going to have it in stock the first day, I would cancel my order and get it there, but if you bought it June 8th, wouldn't September 25th be greater than the 90 days?? If it even gets released by Sept 25th.

BEAR DOWN! :]

hamish5178

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
Newark, DE
I finally got it to work, and I had seven copies of Snow Leapord in my cart!

They were all at the low price. Does that mean I could buy 100 of them and then sell for a profit come September? :D

KettyKrueger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2007
UK
Didn't even realise you could do this yet, until I saw this thread!

Thanks muchly.

Ordered mine for £7.95. Cheapest OS ever. I would have paid £129 for it though....shhhh, don't tell Apple.

moetownslick

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
I finally got it to work, and I had seven copies of Snow Leapord in my cart!

yeah i think what happens is, everytime you try and the cart shows empty, its really adding 1 to your cart.....so you must've tried about 6 times!

i tried once and had 2 in my cart...

samwise

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2005
North Salt Lake, Utah
If you purchased it through the online Apple store, it automatically will enroll you in the program (as it did with me).

Where did you see that? I bought online on the 16th, but can't see the automatic enroll, or add an order :confused:

:rolleyes: D'oh! Worked this time, with three copies in the basket now! :eek:

qpid

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2004
i wish they could give us a option to download instead of send a dvd. I don't like physic material for software.

physical media gives you the disk so you can reinstall the os in the future if needed or do an erase and install when you get the disk, something that would be hard if the software is on the drive you are erasing :D

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
Apple said:
Upon receipt of your validated order product will be shipped within 24 hours, subject to inventory availability. Delivery times will vary, but are typically between 3-4 weeks.

Does that mean arriving in late October if it's a late September launch?
Also, if you went through the 0800 number to place an order with HE discount, does that mean you can use the online system, or do you have to post in?

werdyo

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2009
Yes!

I had been trying to do it on my new macbook pro and kept getting an empty cart, but after I tried it on the same system upon which i originally placed the order it worked. Maybe it has something to do with cookies? And I did purchase my new one through the education store.

This is what happened with me. Thanks for the idea. I used my old powerbook to buy it and it worked! It wouldn't work on my new macbook pro and I thought it was because I have the 3.06GHz processor, which I didn't see on the "qualifying products" list. But I got it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.